Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Jul 12, 2022
Ctb in a hotel, in another country or state? Risks and benefits?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2022
I don't know about another country, so I won't speak to that. I guess some of it depends on how you ctb. Is your method going to make a mess all over the place, such as what a shotgun to your head would entail? That speaks for itself in so much as a worker there may be the one to witness the aftermath and, of course, there will be brain matter all over the place. Of course, you have to spend money on the hotel room, so that could be considered a negative. Depending on how you ctb, you may have to sneak supplies into the room. I guess a benefit may be that a family member isn't the one to find you if that's a concern. I don't think there's a great risk. Once you're in your room, the hotel pretty much leaves you alone, unless you call them for something. I suppose if the method you choose causes you to make some kind of noise, that could be a problem.

To me, it seems if one's circumstances require it, it is a valid option. Like in love and war, all is fair when it comes to ctb, really.

Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Jul 12, 2022
I don't know about another country, so I won't speak to that. I guess some of it depends on how you ctb. Is your method going to make a mess all over the place, such as what a shotgun to your head would entail? That speaks for itself in so much as a worker there may be the one to witness the aftermath and, of course, there will be brain matter all over the place. Of course, you have to spend money on the hotel room, so that could be considered a negative. Depending on how you ctb, you may have to sneak supplies into the room. I guess a benefit may be that a family member isn't the one to find you if that's a concern. I don't think there's a great risk. Once you're in your room, the hotel pretty much leaves you alone, unless you call them for something. I suppose if the method you choose causes you to make some kind of noise, that could be a problem.

To me, it seems if one's circumstances require it, it is a valid option. Like in love and war, all is fair when it comes to ctb, really! I forgot to mention method-N. You are right, it will b helpful to not have a family member discover you.

To me, it seems if one's circumstances require it, it is a valid option. Like in love and war, all is fair when it comes to ctb, really.
You are right! All is fair... Btw, method would be N.

hellispink

hellispink

clock is ticking
May 26, 2022
If done out of state or in another country of where one is from, it is ideal that one takes an ID and leaves it where law enforcement could see it once they arrive. Since the event happened out of state or out of country, the laws to move/handle the body and investigate the scene will probably occur there which can be difficult for the family members (they will need to travel to identify the body etc). The process will take longer due to laws of each state. I would research into this depending on the jurisdiction.

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Arcanist
Jul 13, 2022
Unless your in a situation where you don't live alone, or afraid of someone close to you finding your body, I don't understand the point in getting a hotel room.

• Love
Reactions: Sunny-Pia
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Jul 12, 2022
If done out of state or in another country of where one is from, it is ideal that one takes an ID and leaves it where law enforcement could see it once they arrive. Since the event happened out of state or out of country, the laws to move/handle the body and investigate the scene will probably occur there which can be difficult for the family members (they will need to travel to identify the body etc). The process will take longer due to laws of each state. I would research into this depending on the jurisdiction.
Thanks! That really opened up my eyes on this. Didn't even think of that...

Reactions: hellispink
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Jul 12, 2022
Unless your in a situation where you don't live alone, or afraid of someone close to you finding your body, I don't understand the point in getting a hotel room.
Hmmm, makes sense! I agree.

veryhappyhuman

veryhappyhuman

Experienced
Aug 25, 2021
Yep. With out of country, the post-death process is much more complicated, that's why I had to drop the idea myself. There will be autopsy/investigation formalities conducted in the ctb country since it's an unnatural death. Then your family would have to go to the embassy and do a bunch of requisition paperwork and pay lots of money etc to first get an official death certificate, then the body back. The whole process involves a truckload of agencies, starting from the local police, coroner etc in the ctb country, embassies, points of contact in home and ctb countries, health agencies etc etc. Your family will have to follow up with multiple parties and spend a lot of time and effort. Even after getting the death certificate and body back, the ordeal is still not over -- the certificate issued abroad may need to be approved by the local government agency (applies to my country at least).

With covid there are even more complications in transporting bodies across countries. I'd definitely suggest anyone avoid the out of country approach.

Also ideally you'd want to make sure your ctb place uses the same general/official language as your home place. Otherwise it'd be even more chaotic and time-consuming. Although I suppose this would be less of a problem if you're in a Western country.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I have thought that for a landmark birthday (60, 65, 70) after my novel is published and my mother is dead, I would get a comfortable room or even a cabana in a pleasant hotel along the seafront, somewhere between Santa Barbara and San Diego. (I live in Southern California, so this would be relatively local.) On the day before my birthday, I would look out at the sea and prepare to die. Then as dawn approaches on my birthday, I would hang myself (probably in the bathroom, alas, since that would be more amenable for cleanup). God willing, my body would be discovered a few hours later before decay has set in. I would leave a generous tip for the maids who discover my corpse, and of course, I would leave behind suicide notes, funeral arrangements (hymns to play at my funeral Mass, for example), and a note on how to dispose of my body (after an open-casket funeral Mass — if I were to hang myself, I want the ligature mark on my neck to be seen in the open casket: no disguising with scarves or makeup! — my body would be cremated: my ashes would be buried in a columbarium in a Catholic cemetery). I would not want any member of my family to discover my body. Besides, I want to spend the last day of my earthly existence in a lovely place: home does not really qualify.