• Hey Visitor,

In light of recent events, all community members in the US should reach out to their representative in regards to the Stop Online Suicide Assistance Forums Act that has been introduced in congress. This bill, if passed, could criminalize this community and hold it liable for simply hosting information.

You should be able to locate and contact your represenative by going to this website. You can also contact Lori Trahan, the one spearheading this bill by calling her office at (202) 225-3411 or by leaving a message on the contact form on her site.

One of the best ways to combat this is to make your voice heard. We're not political activists, but we made this notice to let you know that you do have a voice and that you do have representives that represent you in congress.
H

hotblooded

Sep 20, 2022
I really don't know what to believe. I know that religion has influenced how I used to picture the afterlife but religion is just something man made, so why would their idea about the afterlife be right? I do believe in a soul because we are alive somehow, but I think that after we die either our soul disappears or it is released? Maybe?

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I believe in the nothingness, there’s nothing after you die, just like there was nothing before you were born

J

jodie

Nov 5, 2022
As many people here, I also believe there is nothing after we die. I was born in a catholic country in a catholic family, but throughout my life I've seen that most of it is just for show, for "what will people say". I started having very serious doubts about all that and having trouble making sense of what religion is saying at around the age of 6-7 and by the age of 10, I became a 100% atheist. To me, the religious believes or how they picture this whole "afterlife" could not be put into any logical whole even at such an early age.
I know there are people to whom this belief brings some kind of solace (?), hope (?), helps them somehow and, as long as it's not this oppressive, organised, self-righteous religion used to order others around, I have no problem with that.
To me, however, the certainty that as soon as the electrical, chemical and whatever other kind of activity in my brain ceases, I will be no more, feel no more, experience no more, is a source of great relief and feeling of peace. I cannot imagine any kind of world where I could be myself and not be a worthless, poisonous and at the same time miserable and suffering being. If I were to change in some diametrical way, have my believes, opinions, fears, desires, needs completely altered, I would no longer be myself, and if it was no longer me, then it would mean that my existence was over. And if I stayed myself, it would essentially be just what it is now so the thought of my existence continuing past my ctb-ing would bring utmost terror to my heart. I'm fortunately quite sure that it would not be possible as we do need our brain functioning to keep existing.

Reactions: Lonerzepam
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I believe in nothing but if I’m wrong and there’s a god I’d be screwed, I probably did all the wrong things and, no matter in which religion or even paganism, I fucked up.
Even not believing I’m low key afraid of *poof* waking up in some sort of hell lol (not really lol)
I believe SI is making this to my mind tho. Hopefully.
I don’t know how people are so adamant with their beliefs, I never died before how can I fucking know something about it

Reactions: Lonerzepam
U

UnlimitedPain

Looking For The End!!
Nov 5, 2022
I think 2 things even tho my belief in the 2nd are not what they use to be

1 is that’s it there is nothing beyond and we just end and that’s it

2 we go off into an infinite dream we won’t awake from that’s peaceful maybe even lucid

menheragirl

menheragirl

Nov 16, 2022
i want to believe, but really it's probably just like before we were born. if there was really something out there looking out for us... then why would they allow all of this to happen? but that's just my personal belief. i would like to have a second chance or to be a cat if that were possible lol

Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Either nothing or reincarnation. Hell etc. is bullshit imo. We all die. Who's to say what's right and wrong. When we die we all go the same way. All your actions just have it's consequences during your lifetime. Why would anyone be treated differently. There's nothing wrong if I kill an animal and eat it. Why would it be different if I kill a human and eat it. Humans are also just animals after all. So why would I be punished for that when I die. It doesn't make sense. Sorry if this is a rather odd example I'm not that good at it. 😄

BornHated

BornHated

God may judge, but his sins outnumber your own.
Nov 19, 2022
A consistent dread I feel about suicide is that I believe in the possibility of reincarnation, but not in the traditional religious karmic sense- more of a randomized event sense. "Karma" is rather the collective actions of all living things leading to what you get a chance to be born as a member of what species are alive (as opposed to the ones extinct). I believe your current actions don't decide whether you get to become a human again or something. Something about your atoms when you die decide where your next consciousness will be. I watched Amoebas trying to eat various things and you can see the survival instinct kick in even within microbes; Our own cells when they chase out intruders, even.

Just like in gacha games, getting something better is rarer. Consider the number of plants and animals in general we have to kill to survive just another day, let alone in life. A quick glance at a food chain shows what I mean. Same concept of humanity: Lots of poverty and abuse, with considerably less people at the top... And, well, someone has to take the job of piloting the conscience of those poor life forms in the slaughterhouses and lower parts of the food chain. (Not trying to preach veganism, promise.)
Karma? Instincts are like condensed ancestral memories hallmark to a species. Ducks rolling round objects that aren't even their own eggs, cats bringing home random prey animals to care for as babies when their hormones surge, moths following the light of what they think is the moon. These things are founded in some long-repeated set of choices that survived and contributed to species' evolution. You can be born a solitary/paired species like an eagle, or you can be born to a cut-throat hyena clan.

It's also made my appreciation of death all the greater. Those suffering are put out of their misery and tyrants cannot reign forever. Deer and Lions must die alike, however it may be. Death is the fairest part of life.

Man, I hope I get to be a tree or something.

There's also an interesting theory I once heard. It's about how every conscious thing is actually an extension of a central... consciousness? Kind of like a surveillance camera room. All conscious forms are just variants of some same central conscious form, just occupying different bodies (space) at same or different points in time. Wild idea that I don't know the name of, but I liked it. We all run on DNA/RNA, after all. That primal cell came really far in its shenanigans.

Teddybear

Teddybear

Experienced
Nov 20, 2021
You can not disprove the presence of (a) God anymore than you can prove his/her/its existence.

But you can prove that it makes no damn difference in *this* life wether you believe or not. Heck, even (self-)rightheous believers "catch the bus" if they can stand it no more.

The Epicureans found that out already 2300 years ago.

Jason Steele

Jason Steele

Merry Christmas!
Nov 22, 2022
The odd chance that we all could be resurrected in the far future by an advanced alien civilization scares me. Maybe it's already happened.