• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

-
Hope you're all well :hug:

Just writing to let you guys know that @mahakali88 and I are meeting tomorrow in real life! :smiling:

We've sent well over 800 PMs to each other on SS, and have connected away from the forum too.
We have hit it off in a big way and consider each other actual friends.

Another crazy turn in my life is that I am flying across Europe to see her tomorrow!
9:30am flight tomorrow.
I'll be spending tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) to Monday afternoon in her country before flying back home.

We've both agreed to upload a thread about this to show that not only does SS provide a good peer-to-peer support platform, but can lead to real life friendships too.
Maybe we'll upload some pictures to this thread over the weekend.

So if we are both less active on the site over the weekend this will be why.

Disclaimer:
This is meant in all seriousness.
Please do be careful about meeting people who you connected with online or passing over your personal details. There are predators out there who will take advantage of vulnerable people.

If I don't post again by next Thursday, please let MI6 know that I've been trafficked to Ethiopia to work on a farm against my will.

Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
BipolarGuy said:
A bit mad maybe!
You think,

I have never thought about, death by a serial killer, until now.

In all honesty, i love happy stories like this, i wish you both the best and hope it all works out, could be what you both need, some company with similar issues who 'get' it

Keep us posted.

Stay safe and be happy.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

-
Astronomer said:
You think,

I have never thought about, death by a serial killer, until now.

In all honesty, i love happy stories like this, i wish you both the best and hope it all works out, could be what you both need, some company with similar issues who 'get' it

Keep us posted.

Stay safe and be happy.
Thank you.
Neither of us can believe it's happening!

Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Maxtothemax said:
Not the kind of thread I expected to read and I’m pretty shocked that you two are meeting up but I hope it all goes well.

P.S. I better get a wedding invitation.
Unrelated but i just opened up you're spoiler at my own risk with one eye open thinking it would be freddy krueger, just wanted to say what a beautiful cat but with the potential to be a villain in a marvel movie.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Astronomer said:
Unrelated but i just opened up you're spoiler at my own risk with one eye open thinking it would be freddy krueger, just wanted to say what a beautiful cat but with the potential to be a villain in a marvel movie.
I love opening that spoiler! It always makes me smile.

Deleted member 2141

Deleted member 2141

The angel of choice is enduring.
I'm happy to hear about your newfound friendship and hope you and mahakali88 will have a great time together. Also, yes I agree with your disclaimer and with every meetup there is always a big level of trust and risk involved. Anyways, I wish you two the best. :heart::hug:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
BipolarGuy said:
Hope you're all well :hug:

Just writing to let you guys know that @mahakali88 and I are meeting tomorrow in real life! :smiling:

We've sent well over 800 PMs to each other on SS, and have connected away from the forum too.
We have hit it off in a big way and consider each other actual friends.

Another crazy turn in my life is that I am flying across Europe to see her tomorrow!
9:30am flight tomorrow.
I'll be spending tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) to Monday afternoon in her country before flying back home.

We've both agreed to upload a thread about this to show that not only does SS provide a good peer-to-peer support platform, but can lead to real life friendships too.
Maybe we'll upload some pictures to this thread over the weekend.

So if we are both less active on the site over the weekend this will be why.

Disclaimer:
This is meant in all seriousness.
Please do be careful about meeting people who you connected with online or passing over your personal details. There are predators out there who will take advantage of vulnerable people.

If I don't post again by next Thursday, please let MI6 know that I've been trafficked to Ethiopia to work on a farm against my will.
So you really are getting a room! Hahahahahaah. Brilliant. I shall inform my contact at GCHQ to be on the lookout. :blarg:

Jokes aside, I think this is excellent and I wish you both well.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
@BipolarGuy you know how I feel my friend. Avoiding whatsapping you until your vacation is done... I'm so excited for you both. @mahakali88 talk him into writing this novel I'm pushing him to wrote=) talk to me about it in pms or get my whatsapp from BipolarGuy Mahakali we can both nag him to write the next best selling novel... enjoy your time together. I'm so happy for the both of you

Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
BG, consider taking this picture of you both down, this is really personal and you could be identified in the future, please enjoy each others company in private, sorry man, i'm just looking out for you both, this website is viewed by thousands, a small percentage can be really sinister people.