• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
DaughterOfAthena

DaughterOfAthena

I can't go into personal details onto why but I do really have a genuine good reason to not CTB. This reason is on a time limit of sorts and will pass eventually. I just need to bear through things a few more years and am hoping someone here can share something that buys me time for a reason greater than myself. I've tried the typical methods of therapy and meds. Meditation, and even tried smoking weed because of how many other people I have met that claims it helps them. None of these do it for me though. So if any of you have any methods outside those that have helped you at-least hang on for longer I would be grateful if you shared them.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
T

timf

Arcanist
I found in the Army when having to run in sand with a full pack and gear, the temptation to just collapse was very tempting. If I told myself that I was just going to quit after the next hill, I found that when I got over the next hill, I could make one more.

Sometimes focusing on short term goals makes things seem more achievable.

nihilism44

nihilism44

I’m going to be a complete hypocrite by saying this, because I’m not doing this for myself right now, but live the life you want to live right now. Don’t regret not doing something. Since you plan on ctb fairly soon, try to enjoy the time that you have here and focus on short term goals that make you feel happy and fulfilled without focusing too much on the future since you don’t plan on having one anyways. (if that’s possible, I understand even getting out of bed can be really difficult sometimes)
Then who knows, maybe it will lead to good things and you will end up not wanting to ctb after all. Ultimately, we’re weird monkeys floating on a space rock.

Reactions: western_heart
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Average ctb enjoyer
14 hours of gaming per day.

Reactions: CoolGuy9
S

stalewater

Art used to help me a lot, but after some time, it doesn't work anymore.

western_heart

western_heart

Advanced darkness
Travel kept me going for a while, but I eventually exhausted my resources.

If you're up for more drugs, psychedelics or ketamine. The latter kept me from CTB last month and has been helping me reduce ideation quite a bit.

lastingabyss

lastingabyss

Knockin’ on Heaven’s door
distractions. i find reading and gaining new knowledge to be fulfilling, and also going to the gym makes me just think about something else for a couple of hours a day

Reactions: qwertylmno
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Living dead girl
I just do things to try and pass the time. I try to sleep as much as I can and I go outside a bit which helps. Nothing makes me feel much better though really.

• Aww..
Reactions: overcomingfear
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Keeping busy with something that gives you a sense of achievement and/or learn something. That excludes computer games and internet loafing
Reading, teaching yourself something, running, walking, cycling, build models, ...
It'll boost your confidence

Reactions: overcomingfear