• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

worldexploder

worldexploder

-
Sep 19, 2018
When I was 7, I was playing “chase” with friends then hit my head on a bar very hard. Knocked me clean out. I actually bent the metal bar. I got an EEG 2 days later and everything came back normal.

A lot of weird things happened after that, I hallucinated off and on for about two years. Never said anything about it,

My first hallucination was a night were I had a massive headache. I woke up believing that I was going to get brain surgery and that my classroom was in the living room of our house. This was when I was living with my biomom.

My second hallucination was when I was walking in the woods not to far from home. I walked up this hill and then saw the most beautiful flatlands. Barrels of hey and tractors. When I went back the next day there was nothing but mud. We don’t live in an area were there is flatlands like that.

My third was when I was eating lunch at school. Same age. I saw the cast of Full House waiting in line to eat including the dog.

I had a few more hallucinations during that time period. Up until I was around 13 I’d have these “spells”were I felt like I was dreaming yet aware I was awake.

I always wondered if that head injury effected my pre frontal cortex. I don’t have hallucinations or that “dream state” anymore. I do however have impulse control issues which is related to the area of the brain mentioned.

worldexploder

worldexploder

-
Sep 19, 2018
I Am interested in neurology not psychology. I want to learn about what makes me tick. In a sense I am studiying my own brain.

Seems like I base my values on intellect instead of emotion. Well the intellect comes first which produces emotion. I noticed that since I hit my head as a youngin, my impulse control went out the window. I have a very hard time having a “filter” so to speak. I tend to say what’s on my mind on an impulse rather than what is socially acceptable.

I would actually like to have a CT scam of my brain. I figure my amygdala’s are shrunken and my hippocampus is compromised. I am very interested in my own neurology. Not psychology.

I have an IQ of 126 so my brain can’t be that fucked up. Then again you can’t put a number on the most complex thing in the known universe.

Last edited: