• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I know a lot of people will say goodbye to SS. Some people come back and it turns out it didn’t work out. Others haven’t logged in for months. I’m wondering if you’re planning to let SS know when you’re going to ctb?

I don’t think I will. I did a few weeks ago when I thought I would be able to but it turned out my rope was too elastic (it’s been fixed since). But when I try again, I won’t say anything.

Tiburcio

Tiburcio

Voluntary deletion.
May 9, 2018
In case of I really could do it and I'm sure, yes. If I'm not sure I could do it, no, I would be too ashamed. It happened once and after being unabled to do it, I cried and felt like a liar. So the most probable thing is no, you would notice if I'm dead due to my long inactivity.

Last edited:
SamK

SamK

Cloud Surfing
Aug 21, 2018
I did.. but had to delete and edit whole post because I felt like ... i'd revealed too much. but yes, goodbye in the sense that it's turned into a thank you

I dont think there's anything wrong either way, for me, i wont go in to much detail, always worry someone will call cops or something. I know.. paranoid..but i feel reassured that way.. and when you are dealing with all this on your plate, it's one less thing to worry about

skyofAuroras

skyofAuroras

-
Apr 10, 2018
I think I would come back to say goodbye. I've been coming here a while, so it would just feel weird for me to leave and not say anything. I probably wouldn't make a huge post about it, just a quick thank you and goodbye.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
I don't think I will … I guess I'm too paranoid of getting caught. There is someone on here that I pm regularly so I may let them know and they can pass on the information after I'm gone. I guess it would have to be at least a week or more of not talking. I'm not always on here.
I may delete my account and I guess make a new one if I fail.
I'm not one to make a big announcement. Again … if I would fail. ;)

Smilla

Smilla

-
Apr 30, 2018
Same here.

Well, I for one would like to hear goodbye from you. And this isn’t a contest: if you fail NBD. Nothing to be ashamed of.

For what it’s worth I always appreciated the goodbye posts on SS (reddit) I had one gentleman PM me privately and it touched me. Seems goodbye posts are less popular on here.

Nothing wrong with saying goodbye. And wishing one safe travels in return.

Maybe I am a sentimental idiot.

C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I don't think I will … I guess I'm too paranoid of getting caught. There is someone on here that I pm regularly so I may let them know and they can pass on the information after I'm gone. I guess it would have to be at least a week or more of not talking. I'm not always on here.
I may delete my account and I guess make a new one if I fail.
I'm not one to make a big announcement. Again … if I would fail. ;)

How does someone delete their account on here? I might want to do the same thing when it comes to my time.

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
I plan on having a delayed letter or some such sent to someone. Then a post can be made on here. If I fail in the attempt, I can cancel.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
I don't know
How does someone delete their account on here? I might want to do the same thing when it comes to my time.

I don't know … I thought someone said on here that they plan to delete their account before they go.
Maybe a moderator has to do it ?

wezel

wezel

-
Aug 14, 2018
Yes.
I like it that way, it's one of the 2 nice places left in my life, and I am very grateful for it.
( The other place is a coffeeshop nearby, where staff is friendly and I pop in there once a day,
it makes me feel normal for the duration of a cup of coffee. )

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Definitely.
This is the most socializing I’ve done in months and I couldn’t be more thankful for such compassionate and understanding people. Even though life events have made you the exact opposite of that - I honestly believe we’re still beautiful at our core.

I love you all.