• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

NewOrder

NewOrder

Experienced
Literally nothing to look forward to.

However, I've been researching near-death experiences and the afterlife sounds incredible. I'm not religious but there are too many stories with too many commonalities for there not to be some truth to this. I think our consciousness lives on in a different and better reality to this one and that's something to look forward to.

Bea

Bea

I love this question. If I focus on something "to look forward to", I feel better. The flip side of this, however, is that my experience has shown me that my screwed up brain is still present, always, even after whatever it was that I was looking forward to occurred.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
I look forward to new opportunities to show up in my life,
eliminating things/people that are meaningless,
and essentially saving me from having to commit suicide.
Life_and_Death said:
im looking forward to my bakery. i cant wait for the opening day. its a dream of mine ive had since i was 12

Aw thats so cool! :sunglasses: :heart:
Are you a professional baker?

Last edited:
Deleted member 2141

Deleted member 2141

The angel of choice is enduring.
Other than the long term option, which is death, it's just copes. However, copes can only do so much and last so long before they are exhausted. Some of my copes involve just listening to music, watching YT documentaries to pass time and gain some knowledge/curiosity, and some video games.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Yes, departing from this world. I kind of hope after I pass I can find answers to all of this. I must note it's not a driving factor for my suicide.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
This gonna sound weird as hell. I wanna feel happy one more time before I go. Dunno if I can say I look forward to it. It’s just something I have a secret longing and hope for. Come on life, gimme one last Hurrah before I say Buh Bye!

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Life_and_Death said:
no, still an amateur but i had someone taste my sugar cookies and he said they were addictive. i swear i didnt pull a coca-cola and put drugs in it lol

hehe sounds like you are very talented and have good intuition in baking.
That's very cool. I wish you success in your new bakery shop. :heart::sunglasses:

Is it mostly patisserie or do you guys also bake bread?
P.S. Can I work with you if I ever come to Canada? lol

Reactions: HappyMstake
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Defective since birth
StrokeMyEgoBaby said:
hehe sounds like you are very talented and have good intuition in this field.
That's very cool. I wish you success in your new bakery shop.

Is it mostly patisserie or do you guys also bake bread?
P.S. Can I work with you if I ever come to Canada? lol
its A LOT of things. im going to have cookies and pastries and whatnot to sell individually to walk-ins, but i also hope to be able to make cakes like buddy from cake boss, however after a while i wouldnt mind sticking my toes into the bread making business.

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!!! im always up for having helpers and teaching people. :) i even hope to have a hoilday thing where families can come in and decorate cookies throughout the year for all the different holidays

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
I want to say there are some things I look forward to. Going on holidays with friends, learning to code, finishing education and such are all great. I don't think I will be able to do them before ending my life but it's nice to imagine.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Life_and_Death said:
its A LOT of things. im going to have cookies and pastries and whatnot to sell individually to walk-ins, but i also hope to be able to make cakes like buddy from cake boss, however after a while i wouldnt mind sticking my toes into the bread making business.

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!!! im always up for having helpers and teaching people. :) i even hope to have a hoilday thing where families can come in and decorate cookies throughout the year for all the different holidays

I work as a cook but I only work in gastronomy so Im noob when it comes to patisseries or bread baking lol.
It certainly does sound like you will be very busy but are most definitely going to enjoy yourself :)
Congratulations on having your own bakery shop. That's a great achievement! and very inspiring.
:sunglasses: :heart:

stonemason

stonemason

I was going to say a video game, but this is short-term. Long-term, I look forward to having pets. I want a cat and a dog. I think I could be a good companion, I'd treasure every animal, but these two stand out for me.

draw a circle

draw a circle

call me nick | they/them
Should be looking forward to graduating college but the thesis is the reason why I'm suicidal, so that's kinda complicated. Also my birthday next month, even though I had wanted to die before August I still think my birthday would be fun. Oh, and the day I can bring my cousin's kitten home! Gonna be way longer than my birthday though, but he's so cute already. A lot of small things, like tomorrow's lunch or my next bookstore visit.

I used to be looking forward to hanging out with my friend, but lately he's busy on his phone and I'm gonna get ignored when we meet, so not really. I don't have anything to look forward in long term right now. Even though I'm still young, I somehow feel like I'm at the end of my life, and I don't often think about the future.

Last edited:
VoidGirl

VoidGirl

Longing for the Void's embrace
I used to look forwards to a lot of things and dream about the future but that has been taken from me.

I don't look forwards to death itself, only non-existence matters. The void of eternal sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
E

ERASED

Student
I use to ....but..... But this world makes it hard to live in.

• Hugs
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Winning the lotto! Kidding... I used to look forward to new music releases and such but I don't even care about that anymore.

• Hugs
W

who doesn't matter

Student
That one f**king day when it all ends. The day when it all settles down and I simply vanish.....like a forgotten dream. But, it's taking too long

Serenity

Serenity

Another Broken Spirit.
I'm looking forward to...nothing. Seeing and talking to my ex, but that will never happen. I'll be long dead by the time that would even be a possibility.

• Hugs
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
I think most of us feel like what we’re looking forward to is death. But I don’t think that was the point of your post. I’ll play your game, even though it was really, really difficult to come up with something.

If I had to be positive, I look forward to seeing my puppy when I come home everyday. He may be the one thing in my world that is pure joy, and every interaction with him may well be my last. Knowing he’ll snuggle up with me in the evening is something to look forward to each day. It’s not a big monumental occasion or anything, but still joyous.