• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Perchance to dream
Sep 1, 2018
Cats all my life, had one cat for eighteen years and was present at her birth and her death, was bitten by a dog when tiny and grew up genuinely frightened of them but recently became acquainted with someone else's dog and we very quickly got very close, l love her very much and feel I've missed out by avoiding dogs all my life

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Super duper enlightened
Sep 9, 2018
I prefer cats too. I'm a low energy dude so I don't really like how exuberant dogs are. Plus I wouldn't want to walk or train one. They also kind of smell and you can't really leave them with a bowl of food and take off for the weekend like you can with a cat. It's just more work and I don't like work.

E

Escape Humanity

Sep 13, 2018
I think dogs have the potential to be more enjoyable because they’re smarter and more trainable than cats, but I’m more of a cat person. I would pick dogs if I was wealthy or living with someone to share the responsibility of taking care of the dog. I’m accustomed to doing the things that I have to do take care of my cat (feeding, grooming, cleaning the litter box), but dogs are more expensive and time consuming. I don’t think I could ever get used to doing the extra things that I would have to do with a dog without some kind of assistance. And some dogs also have separation anxiety. There are some cats that demand attention and physical contact when you’re around them, but a cat can never do the amount of damage that an anxious or bored dog could do when you’re away at work.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I like both dogs and cats, and I think children should grow up with both. However, if you forced me to decide between dogs and cats, I am more of a cat person: they are more self-sufficient and most adult cats are more or less the same size (dogs can be as tiny as Chihuahuas or as big as Great Danes).

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I love both. As for having pets, I prefer having cats just because they're more self sufficient and lower maintenance. They're also more cleanly. I wouldn't consider myself a hygiene freak, but I have some standards. But I also love dogs. They're so friendly.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I had a cat that would sleep on my chest every night and would come running to me from anywhere in the house when I called her. Purred so loudly & would practically have a conversation with me - meowing at each other back and forth. She had such a unique personality. Miss that cat.

I adopted her from a friend. Previously she was living with another cat that would torment her, always chase her around, scratch her etc. When she came to live with me she was so loving. I think she was relieved to not be in that situation of fear with that other abusive cat.

Last edited: