• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi.

I am writing this because I am faced with some confusing feelings that are unexpected and would appreciate some thoughts please.
Part of me doesn't give a shit but the other part is overthinking.
I saw a picture of my biological father in the media today after I have not seen him for 30 years - it' no loss believe me.!
However his daughter (I guess a half sibling,proberly one of many I do not know off.) Has done something awful and I would say is so sick .
I have had nothing to do with my birth family in those 30 years so I don't
Know why it is even being given any thought because I have much more important things to worry about.
I have to say that I am everything that they are not both as an individual and parent thankfully but I feel ashamed to think of him as my father - I always knew they were fucked up but maybe not this extreme.
He talks about her with effection which I never thought he was capable of or did not show me.!
I don't know why I am entertrining these thoughts which are causing me anxiety.
Please tell me to get a grip and stop me from pissing myself off with this stupidity
Thankyou.