• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
167
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
66
whitefeather said:

Color us all Canadian
hell yeah. canadia rules. have you ever been to canadia? in most parts, you cant even tell yer in a different country. its like the sequel to 'murica, except that this time, the sequel is better than the original. dood.....they had grape robo cough syrup long before murica did. and i love grape robo...
 
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
312
Wrennie said:
We live on the same continent yet I was unfortunate enough to be born into Americuck land. ;-;
I'm actually kind of jealous of you, Americans. You get to buy guns and SN relatively easy. In other words, it's easier to kill myself in USA.

If we're talking about progressive politics like universal healthcare, multiculturalism, human rights, etc. Canada is better.
 
Last edited:
Wrennie

Wrennie

〘 Latent Corpse 〙
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
916
Pen>Sword said:
I'm actually kind of jealous with you, Americans. You get to buy guns and SN relatively easy. In other words, it's easier to kill myself in USA.

If we're talking about progressive politics like universal healthcare, multiculturalism, human rights, etc. Canada is better.
I could never purchase a gun though because I’ve been sectioned in the past and my state has protections in place that prevent the mentally ill from possessing firearms
 
Last edited:
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
66
yeah in my state too i have too many violent felonies to legally own a gun....but then again theres always the dark web .ive heard and personally seen too many horror stories from failed gunshot suicides to try that. with that, you want to shoot behind the ear. if you only shoot out the frontal lobes, all you do is give yerself a punk rock lobotomy. you can easily live, and worse, with mutant face. behold: so unless you plan on spending the rest of yer half retarded even sadder life lookin like an emoji of the toxic avenger, id suggest either bein gotdam sure yer gonna die, maybe with a mixed method as backup as well, or to try a different method altogether
 

Attachments

  • toxie.jpg
    toxie.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 11
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
2,688
I'm not from Canada but even if I was I'm not even close to having dementia or anything that would qualify unless you count stupidity.
 
  • Hugs
Reactions: newave3 and Wrennie
Amumu

Amumu

Enlightened
Joined
Aug 29, 2020
Messages
1,460
But as usual, the rate of approval will be very low.
Canadians (just like Belgians (today ) will still need SS.
There are Belgian members on SS today who've tried and been rejected.
Imo this will be the same for Canadians, even though there is an improvement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ame
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
137
Wrennie said:
I could never purchase a gun though because I’ve been sectioned in the past and my state has protections in place that prevent the mentally ill from possessing firearms
In my country if you jump through all the difficult hurdles of obtaining a firearm or shotgun, both are separate categories then you have an opportunity to ctb. Seems like a lot of hassle, unless you are a farmer.

We can own this though 1623314176383.jpeg

imagine using a punt gun to ctb?
Canada is rather strongly progressive in most aspects of its politics. Some may argue this is good or bad depending on the matter at hand but I don’t want to get political on here. All I can say is at least it’s the step in the right direction. People shouldn’t be forced to suffer on if they know things will get worse. I just don’t understand how we can put a dog down when it starts defecating on the floor and it’s bowels resemble a sieve that’s also been hit with birdshot or even something that could be fixed like broken limbs and joints but as soon as humans start to fail and even In worse ways we just make them carry on.
 
Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Global Mod
Joined
Jun 12, 2018
Messages
1,411
I don't think these new laws upstaged Switzerland. I could give someone items and materials to help someone execute their exit, which is the literal definition of assisting suicide, and it would be completely legal here. In Switzerland, you don't have to be a doctor if you want to assist suicide, it's why Exit has volunteers. There are very few regulations in place when it comes to laws regarding assisted suicide. Here they go into details about the process, it's a paper of the University of Zürich.


You also don't need to suffer from a medical condition, in a legal sense, to have a right to assisted suicide. Exit would be completely fine to assisted literally every adult person that has the mental capacity to consent to their own exit but they don't do it because they fear social backlash and because they simply don't want to come close to violating any possible laws - sometimes selfish family members sue people that assisted suicide, as described in this article. Actually, in this particular case, the court acquitted the doctor despite them not making sure that the person that wanted to end their life was of sane mind (she suffered from a mental illness).


Actually, it's a very important court ruling. They simply gave them a fine for basically violating standards.

The laws in Switzerland are also the reason why the sargo device is tested in Switzerland, in a collaboration with Pegasus. Giving someone such a device would be completely legal here due to the very liberal assisted suicide laws of Switzerland. Long story short, as long as there are no selfish motives, you're allowed to help someone take their own life. It's considered an act of mercy here.
 
Last edited:
Wrennie

Wrennie

〘 Latent Corpse 〙
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
916
RainAndSadness said:
I don't think these new laws upstaged Switzerland. I could give someone items and materials to help someone execute their exit, which is the literal definition of assisting suicide, and it would be completely legal here. In Switzerland, you don't have to be a doctor if you want to assist suicide, it's why Exit has volunteers. There are very few regulations in place when it comes to laws regarding assisted suicide. Here they go into details about the process, it's a paper of the University of Zürich.


You also don't need to suffer from a medical condition, in a legal sense, to have a right to assisted suicide. Exit would be completely fine to assisted literally every adult person that has the mental capacity to consent to their own exit but they don't do it because they fear social backlash and because they simply don't want to come close to violating any possible laws - sometimes selfish family members sue people that assisted suicide, as described in this article. Actually, in this particular case, the court acquitted the doctor despite them not making sure that the person that wanted to end their life was of sane mind (she suffered from a mental illness).


Actually, it's a very important court ruling. They simply gave them a fine for basically violating standards.

The laws in Switzerland are also the reason why the sargo device is tested in Switzerland, in a collaboration with Pegasus. Giving someone such a device would be completely legal here due to the very liberal assisted suicide laws of Switzerland. Long story short, as long as there are no selfish motives, you're allowed to help someone take their own life. It's considered an act of mercy here.
Your country is an exquisite GIFT FROM THE GODS, and I would trade my very soul just to have dual citizenship there.
 
Last edited:
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
167
RainAndSadness said:
I don't think these new laws upstaged Switzerland. I could give someone items and materials to help someone execute their exit, which is the literal definition of assisting suicide, and it would be completely legal here. In Switzerland, you don't have to be a doctor if you want to assist suicide, it's why Exit has volunteers. There are very few regulations in place when it comes to laws regarding assisted suicide. Here they go into details about the process, it's a paper of the University of Zürich.


You also don't need to suffer from a medical condition, in a legal sense, to have a right to assisted suicide. Exit would be completely fine to assisted literally every adult person that has the mental capacity to consent to their own exit but they don't do it because they fear social backlash and because they simply don't want to come close to violating any possible laws - sometimes selfish family members sue people that assisted suicide, as described in this article. Actually, in this particular case, the court acquitted the doctor despite them not making sure that the person that wanted to end their life was of sane mind (she suffered from a mental illness).


Actually, it's a very important court ruling. They simply gave them a fine for basically violating standards.

The laws in Switzerland are also the reason why the sargo device is tested in Switzerland, in a collaboration with Pegasus. Giving someone such a device would be completely legal here due to the very liberal assisted suicide laws of Switzerland. Long story short, as long as there are no selfish motives, you're allowed to help someone take their own life. It's considered an act of mercy here.
RainAndSadness said:
I don't think these new laws upstaged Switzerland. I could give someone items and materials to help someone execute their exit, which is the literal definition of assisting suicide, and it would be completely legal here. In Switzerland, you don't have to be a doctor if you want to assist suicide, it's why Exit has volunteers. There are very few regulations in place when it comes to laws regarding assisted suicide. Here they go into details about the process, it's a paper of the University of Zürich.


You also don't need to suffer from a medical condition, in a legal sense, to have a right to assisted suicide. Exit would be completely fine to assisted literally every adult person that has the mental capacity to consent to their own exit but they don't do it because they fear social backlash and because they simply don't want to come close to violating any possible laws - sometimes selfish family members sue people that assisted suicide, as described in this article. Actually, in this particular case, the court acquitted the doctor despite them not making sure that the person that wanted to end their life was of sane mind (she suffered from a mental illness).


Actually, it's a very important court ruling. They simply gave them a fine for basically violating standards.

The laws in Switzerland are also the reason why the sargo device is tested in Switzerland, in a collaboration with Pegasus. Giving someone such a device would be completely legal here due to the very liberal assisted suicide laws of Switzerland. Long story short, as long as there are no selfish motives, you're allowed to help IN CANADA ONE CAN NOW 'PRE-SCHEDULE' EUTHANASIA BY PHYSICIAN FOR DEMENTIA ETC. DOES SWITZERLAND HAVE THIS ?
 
Last edited:
hermes

hermes

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2021
Messages
69
Swiss law remains the most liberal. it will be a very long time before any other country can catch up with Switzerland.

only two requirements
1) person assisting suicide shouldn't have selfish motive.
2) person requesting assistance should have decision making capacity and in control of action.


swiss.png
 
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
167
hermes said:
Swiss law remains the most liberal. it will be a very long time before any other country can catch up with Switzerland.

only two requirements
1) person assisting suicide shouldn't have selfish motive.
2) person requesting assistance should have decision making capacity and in control of action.


View attachment 69654
IN CANADA ONE CAN NOW 'PRE-SCHEDULE' EUTHANASIA BY PHYSICIAN FOR DEMENTIA / MENTAL ILLNESS . DOES SWITZERLAND HAVE THIS ?
IN CANADA 'TERMINALITY' NO LONGER REQUIRED , AND 'MENTAL' ILLNESS NOW INCLUDED. ETC.
ErzsebetBATHORY said:
hell yeah. canadia rules. have you ever been to canadia? in most parts, you cant even tell yer in a different country. its like the sequel to 'murica, except that this time, the sequel is better than the original. dood.....they had grape robo cough syrup long before murica did. and i love grape robo...
IN CANADA ONE CAN NOW 'PRE-SCHEDULE' EUTHANASIA BY PHYSICIAN FOR DEMENTIA / MENTAL ILLNESS . DOES SWITZERLAND HAVE THIS ?
IN CANADA 'TERMINALITY' NO LONGER REQUIRED , AND 'MENTAL' ILLNESS NOW INCLUDED. ETC
 
Last edited: