• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
Ever listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Beethoven's Last Night?" one of my favourite albums. Make sure you're watching/listening to the NARRATED version (TSO always narrates their concerts but this is the only album they've come out with with narration to my knowledge which is good because it makes ZERO sense without it).

I think this is it. I haven't listened to it yet but it's fantastic. And it's a great fit for this forum lol. All about Beethoven the night he dies and Mephistopheles and AGGGH so good. It's technically "rock opera" but incorporates a ton of Beethoven themes into the music.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
One of my favorite songs of all time: the finale to the Firebird by Igor Stravinsky (skip to 7:40):

The Vienna Philarmonic's version isn't the best, IMO, but it's still good.

Can't go wrong with Holst;

Not a huge fan of more recent classical, but I like John Adams' stuff. Harmonielehre seems like his best:

As for more relaxing stuff, here's some Copland and Ravel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_36x1_LKgg

Last edited:
wezel

wezel

-
Aug 14, 2018

One of the most beautiful recordings of the great Dinu Lipatti (1917 -1950 ).

Reactions: Soon4me
wezel

wezel

-
Aug 14, 2018
And here the antidote to Lipatti's Bach: the 3rd movement from Prokofiev's sonata Nr. 7, one of the 3 "war sonatas" composed under the influence of the horrors of second world war.