• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
-Persephone- said:
C (this is one I have been told many times and I still hate it):

Forgiveness isn't for them [the perpetrator], it's for you. You need to let go of your anger and just move on with your life.
Yeah, just shake it off... :eh::eh:
Sorry for interrupting the game

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
-Persephone- said:
C (this is one I have been told many times and I still hate it):

Forgiveness isn't for them [the perpetrator], it's for you. You need to let go of your anger and just move on with your life.
R: What if the person I’m most angry at is myself? How am I supposed to forgive someone who consistently and knowingly goes out of their way to make my life miserable every day? This is horrible advice too because abuse victims should not be forced to forgive their abusers. Would a glass cup have any reason to forgive someone who broke them especially on purpose? They have no way of being put back together even if they do forgive them.

C: Your feelings are valid. Unless you disagree with my politics of course.

• Love
Reactions: DoNotBoopTheSnoot
hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
Dr Iron Arc said:
C: Your feelings are valid. Unless you disagree with my politics of course.
R:

C:

• Yay!
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
R: Not by anyone whose feelings I care enough about.

C: What happens if you ruin the lives of the people who end up missing you?

• Hugs
DoNotBoopTheSnoot

DoNotBoopTheSnoot

⚠️ WARNING
Dr Iron Arc said:
C: What happens if you ruin the lives of the people who end up missing you?
R: Won't happen, trust me. It'll just be a slap on the wrist for them 'live love laugh' people. And if we're talking about numbers here, you could count the connections I have on the fingers of one hand.

C: Expect the worst, hope for the best. Be ready for whatever comes. (I'm running out of clichés :ahhha:)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
R: I’ll meet ya halfway and expect the worst because whatever comes usually is the worst for me but I can’t be expected to have any hope left knowing that the worst is always coming.

C: Wouldn’t it be easier to just wait to die of natural causes or whatever, why not make the most of what you’ve got?

DoNotBoopTheSnoot said:
(I'm running out of clichés :ahhha:)
(Same. I just try to rip off whatever people have said to me now.)

• Hugs
DoNotBoopTheSnoot

DoNotBoopTheSnoot

⚠️ WARNING
Dr Iron Arc said:
C: Wouldn’t it be easier to just wait to die of natural causes or whatever, why not make the most of what you’ve got?
R: Well, I could but I have little confidence that 'passed away peacefully' is going to be put on my obituary. Don't know about you, but I'd rather not take my chances and play Russian-roulette with a capricious Mother Nature.

C: Don't think too much. You'll create problems that aren't there in the first place.

Last edited:
hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
DoNotBoopTheSnoot said:
C: Don't think too much. You'll create problems that aren't there in the first place.
R: OK!

C: Having a kind heart is much more important than being intelligent

• Yay!