• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Visitor,

In light of recent events, all community members in the US should reach out to their representative in regards to the Stop Online Suicide Assistance Forums Act that has been introduced in congress. This bill, if passed, could criminalize this community and hold it liable for simply hosting information.

You should be able to locate and contact your represenative by going to this website. You can also contact Lori Trahan, the one spearheading this bill by calling her office at (202) 225-3411 or by leaving a message on the contact form on her site.

One of the best ways to combat this is to make your voice heard. We're not political activists, but we made this notice to let you know that you do have a voice and that you do have representives that represent you in congress.
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
My hair is falling out, I pee and defecate blood, my stomach hurts all the time, I've got some meds but they won't help unless I stop binge eating. 6 months ago I was severely underweight, now I can't stop shoving food into my mouth even when it hurts, when I can taste the acid and the blood.

Why am I not sure about the treatment centre? It's not specifically for BED, there isn't any centre like that in Poland. I'd have to take a break from university and it's the only thing in my life. My purpose. I finally have friends, can study, develop myself, attend workshops, practice languages. But the eating. I am terrified of myself. I can eat so much food it's unreal. I steal food. I use all the money I have on it. I THE ENTIRETY OF MY HIGH-SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP ON IT. I've been saving the money for so long and now it's gone....
Also I'm scared that even if I go into treatment, pay for it, stay there 2 moths then go back and follow the same food pattern. I'm clueless. I'm dying. I'm killing myself with my own actions.

SaturnReturn

SaturnReturn

Student
Oct 2, 2022
I feel for you, eating disorders are hell. I hope you get relief through treatment because it's hard to overcome alone. There are physiological functions working against you on top of the psychology. Were you severely underweight due to anorexia or naturally?

Are there outpatient options? Can you do therapy until summer break?

I had anorexia in my youth for 10 years and had a difficult binge period in my early 20s. My body was sick of the starving. I remember the ill condition I was in, spitting up blood and tasting acid constantly from overfilling my stomach. I do think 2 months inpatient treatment can help. There's no guarantees, and to be dark I think maybe eating disorders often end up being dormant at best, but you deserve treatment and relief from the daily suffering.

jodes2

jodes2

I'm pro CHOICE. Don't start on me. PLEASE
Aug 28, 2022
Sorry you're suffering ❤️ it sounds like the treatment program is worth a shot ❤️

Reactions: astromoon
Supersadmommy90

Supersadmommy90

Student
Sep 24, 2019
Try fasting, it’s kind of a cure-all and can reset your insulin and hunger hormones. don’t believe me? Try a 48-72 hour fast, by the time you get through the second day the hunger pretty much subsided. and you can remain in that state for as long as necessary to shed excess weight or… to have a spiritual experience of sorts. Check out primal weight loss and snake diet on YT, fasting is literally the best thing for physical and mental health. it’s nice not feeling like a bloated slob and in control of your life 10/10 review of fasting, don’t be shy give it a try

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Hi it could be risky and detrimental to do any fasting if you were severely underweight just six months ago.
Did doctors diagnose you with anything for why you're bleeding? Urinating blood is a serious medical thing that could be caused by a number of different conditions besides the eating disorder so I just hope you can get that looked at and taken care of.

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I feel for you, eating disorders are hell. I hope you get relief through treatment because it's hard to overcome alone. There are physiological functions working against you on top of the psychology. Were you severely underweight due to anorexia or naturally?

Are there outpatient options? Can you do therapy until summer break?

I had anorexia in my youth for 10 years and had a difficult binge period in my early 20s. My body was sick of the starving. I remember the ill condition I was in, spitting up blood and tasting acid constantly from overfilling my stomach. I do think 2 months inpatient treatment can help. There's no guarantees, and to be dark I think maybe eating disorders often end up being dormant at best, but you deserve treatment and relief from the daily suffering.
I am not sure if there are outpatient options. I'll have to ask. But if there were, I'd gain so much weight up until summer break...

Underweight due to anorexia. I had overcome BED once on my own but then fell back into anorexia and this time it's so much worse.

I thought I was alone in the blood thingy. How did you recover and stay recovered?
Try fasting, it’s kind of a cure-all and can reset your insulin and hunger hormones. don’t believe me? Try a 48-72 hour fast, by the time you get through the second day the hunger pretty much subsided. and you can remain in that state for as long as necessary to shed excess weight or… to have a spiritual experience of sorts. Check out primal weight loss and snake diet on YT, fasting is literally the best thing for physical and mental health. it’s nice not feeling like a bloated slob and in control of your life 10/10 review of fasting, don’t be shy give it a try
I've tried fasting in the past. My record was 7 days no food, just water. Irresponsible fasting and keto is what has caused my binge eating in the first place. I'm all for fasting and wanna incorporate it into my recovery but it's not a cure-all. It won't reset my habits. I don't think I can feel in control until I'm able to exercise normally again. I've a spine injury.
Hi it could be risky and detrimental to do any fasting if you were severely underweight just six months ago.
Did doctors diagnose you with anything for why you're bleeding? Urinating blood is a serious medical thing that could be caused by a number of different conditions besides the eating disorder so I just hope you can get that looked at and taken care of.
No I've not talked about it with a doctor yet. My weeks rn are filled with doctors, I'll have to book an appointment for the blood as well. Can't wait to get a 'just don't eat like that then'
a nutritionist may be a good option in your case.
I know a lot about nutrition tho.... I wanna get one, but the money 💰🤑

Last edited:
Reactions: looseye
looseye

looseye

A boring person
Oct 27, 2021
I'm struggling with binge-eating too and even though your addiction is probably more severe than mine, I could add my two cents as well, maybe it will help a little bit.

5 days ago I started to commit to eating less. I eat one meal a day and that's it, with no fixed schedule. The meals at this point are very big - yesterday I had 2 pizzas and a large plate of sushi - but over time they won't need to be. I'm actuall making a bit of progress even after 5 days. Day 1 was shit, I ate a lot in the morning and took ages to fall asleep due to stomach growling. Yesterday I was completely fine all day long. Today I'll eat a medium-sized portion of mashed potatoes but only when the growling starts and not before 2pm.

I did this technique once the past and eventually made it all the way down to a small bowl of porridge per day (50-70g oats), losing 30kg in about a year, so it definitely works. The most difficult part will be transitioning to a proper healthy diet after that. I fell back to binge-eating after the new diet made me gain weight and I thought it was hopeless to try to stay thin and healthy at the same time since I'm too depressed to working out in addition to that. But, you know, for the beginning this could be a great strategy for you.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Oh ok, can I ask what conditions the medications they gave you are for? Peeing blood can also be a sign of kidney stones or kidney disease, could you go to a hospital / emergency room for that specifically?