• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
W

whywere

Enlightened
I have had klonopin for 6 plus years. I take it about 3 to 4 times and year and only for 4 days at one time. My pharmacist told me that up to 4 days at 1 time, I was ok, after that dependence would start to set in. I also have opioids for chronic pain, I NEVER EVER mix the two, and my pharmacist said that if I got dependent on the klonopin, that it is a lot harder to wean from that opioids. So I have always been careful with them. klonopin does not work for me too well anyway. Walter

Reactions: ansiedad
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Heya @whywhere : )

Klonopin is a long-acting benzo - meaning it stays in a person's system for much longer than some benzos. In contrast other benzos, such as Xanax or lorazepam, have shorter half-lives, meaning they have a quick onset of action and quickly leave the system.

I was on Klonopin before I was prescribed Xanax, and I actually liked it better, but it was definitely more subtle for me than Xanax.

If it does not work for you or you do not think it is helping, there are a host of other benzodiazepines available.

Maybe ask your doc if you can try a different one if you feel it will help?

Diazepam (valium) has been around forever and it also has a long half-life. From what I have read (anecdotal reports), people seem content with it.

Personally, I have had all three (Klonopin, Xanax, and diazepam) at different times throughout my life, and hands down diazepam worked the best. I also had lorazepam, and it did nothing for me (my anxiety and cPTSD are very bad). Those are the only ones though. There may be another that helps. Diazepam, just like the other benzos, is addictive.

Much love to you and I hope you are doing ok these days with the chronic pain.

W

whywere

Enlightened
Weary Soul said:
Heya @whywhere : )

Klonopin is a long-acting benzo - meaning it stays in a person's system for much longer than some benzos. In contrast other benzos, such as Xanax or lorazepam, have shorter half-lives, meaning they have a quick onset of action and quickly leave the system.

I was on Klonopin before I was prescribed Xanax, and I actually liked it better, but it was definitely more subtle for me than Xanax.

If it does not work for you or you do not think it is helping, there are a host of other benzodiazepines available.

Maybe ask your doc if you can try a different one if you feel it will help?

Diazepam (valium) has been around forever and it also has a long half-life. From what I have read (anecdotal reports), people seem content with it.

Personally, I have had all three (Klonopin, Xanax, and diazepam) at different times throughout my life, and hands down diazepam worked the best. I also had lorazepam, and it did nothing for me (my anxiety and cPTSD are very bad). Those are the only ones though. There may be another that helps. Diazepam, just like the other benzos, is addictive.

Much love to you and I hope you are doing ok these days with the chronic pain.
THANK YOU so very much for being such a kind and loving person. You are AWESOME and a great global family member. I also hope you are doing great and, for real, your post to me really helped me as I am having a terrible bout with depression today. I, THANK YOU, again, from the bottom of my heart, for being such a kind and kindred person to me and everyone here. Sending you lots of hugs, smiles and a beautiful sunny day. Walter

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
whywere said:
THANK YOU so very much for being such a kind and loving person. You are AWESOME and a great global family member. I also hope you are doing great and, for real, your post to me really helped me as I am having a terrible bout with depression today. I, THANK YOU, again, from the bottom of my heart, for being such a kind and kindred person to me and everyone here. Sending you lots of hugs, smiles and a beautiful sunny day. Walter
Thank you so much for your kind words and your upbeat and positive attitude despite everything you are going though. It helps, a lot. <3

And those hugs, smiles, and wishes for a beautiful day? Right back atcha : )

Last edited:
  • Love
ansiedad

ansiedad

No one
Hello dears bdz friends.
Today I have a horrible day.
Im taking 10mg lorazepam now. Its about 1 month thath my last take of .25mg.
I think that Im a real piece of shit.

M

meetapple

I take lorazepam on a per needed basis. I have not developed any dependence. However, I used to take them every day and when I switched doctors my doctor forgot that I was on them and abruptly stopped prescribing them for me. I ended up hospitalized soon after. However this may or may not have been caused by the lorazepam withdrawal because I had also just switched antipsychotics. i advise consulting a doctor who will know what signs to look for if you are suffering from withdrawal.

• Hugs