• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

The only thing humans are equal in is death
Hi everyone,

Last month, I took over a Discord server for people from SS trying to recover. We have a lovely, supportive, small community consisting of 12 members so far. Everyone is kind and welcoming. We have agreed that it would be great to invite more people to join us! :happy:

We have channels for venting, talking about suicidal ideation, sharing positive progress, sharing food and cooking recipes, recovery resources and more.

Discussion of methods, sources and explicitly naming or linking to Sanctioned Suicide is prohibited.

While the server is recovery-focused, I appreciate that recovery can mean different things to different people, and we have members all in various stages of their own recovery. We all have mutual respect for people's positions in their lives.

If you would like to join, please comment on this post or PM me (specify that you are interested in the recovery server if you send a direct message, because I run other Discord communities as well). Please bear with me as I process membership requests. Upon first joining, you will only be able to see the "Welcome and Rules" section, until you have followed the instructions in the pinned message. There is no pressure to regularly participate in any of the chats.

I appreciate that the server might not suit everyone's needs, or the rules may not represent what you are looking for right know, so please know that it is absolutely fine to leave at any time if you decide it's not for you.
However, I am open to suggestions and there is a channel for those who wish to share their ideas and suggest changes.

For the sake of honesty and transparency: Due to my incurable illnesses, I no longer consider myself to be in recovery at this point. I took over from the Admins who stepped down for their own personal reasons, because it would have been a shame for the server to potentially be closed down when it has benefited members so much.
However, I fully support those who wish to recover and hope to recruit new Admins and Mods better aligned with the aims of the server than me in future. Until then, I will do all I can to provide a safe, comfortable and respectful space for everyone.

I look forward to meeting some of you. :heart:

Last edited:
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Wizard
I don't know anything about discord. Is the chat like a forum like sanctioned suicide, or is it a chat room?

Reactions: Dead Meat
atari

atari

The Very Best
Marktheghost said:
I don't know anything about discord. Is the chat like a forum like sanctioned suicide, or is it a chat room?
It’s more like a chat room that you can search because the messages are usually saved for ever. It’s instant messaging, voice chatting, video chatting/conferencing

filtfarfar

filtfarfar

Hi Persephone, I would like an invite to the recovery server. I also would like an invite to the other servers because I don't know where I am yet but I will post in the other thread about that.

Thank you for your excellent work regarding the discord servers :)

AwaySeaweed

AwaySeaweed

-Persephone- said:
Hi everyone,

Last month, I took over a Discord server for people from SS trying to recover. We have a lovely, supportive, small community consisting of 12 members so far. Everyone is kind and welcoming. We have agreed that it would be great to invite more people to join us! :happy:

We have channels for venting, talking about suicidal ideation, sharing positive progress, sharing food and cooking recipes, recovery resources and more.

Discussion of methods, sources and explicitly naming or linking to Sanctioned Suicide is prohibited.

While the server is recovery-focused, I appreciate that recovery can mean different things to different people, and we have members all in various stages of their own recovery. We all have mutual respect for people's positions in their lives.

If you would like to join, please comment on this post or PM me (specify that you are interested in the recovery server if you send a direct message, because I run other Discord communities as well). Please bear with me as I process membership requests. Upon first joining, you will only be able to see the "Welcome and Rules" section, until you have followed the instructions in the pinned message. There is no pressure to regularly participate in any of the chats.

I appreciate that the server might not suit everyone's needs, or the rules may not represent what you are looking for right know, so please know that it is absolutely fine to leave at any time if you decide it's not for you.
However, I am open to suggestions and there is a channel for those who wish to share their ideas and suggest changes.

For the sake of honesty and transparency: Due to my incurable illnesses, I no longer consider myself to be in recovery at this point. I took over from the Admins who stepped down for their own personal reasons, because it would have been a shame for the server to potentially be closed down when it has benefited members so much.
However, I fully support those who wish to recover and hope to recruit new Admins and Mods better aligned with the aims of the server than me in future. Until then, I will do all I can to provide a safe, comfortable and respectful space for everyone.

I look forward to meeting some of you. :heart:
Could I get an invite aswell?

Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

AwaySeaweed said:
Could I get an invite aswell?
Hi,

Unfortunately, I am unable to message you. I think new members with a low post count can't send or receive direct messages until they've posted 6 comments, from what I've read.

Once you're able to send and receive PMs, I'm more than happy to send you an invite link.

Darkmoon Queen

Darkmoon Queen

Arcanist
I'd be careful with Discord, tbh. Only takes one person to report the server and it'll be closed down because of the nature of the discussion, even if it's recovery. They also keep logs of all chats even if a member deletes their account, which you might not want getting out in the case of a hack.

Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

Bumping this thread. There is now about 21 of us, we have a lovely, supportive community and we welcome more members :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Midgardsorm
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
I think I may have missed it, but is there an active discord for both members not recovering or recovering? Like a discord with a Suicide Discussion, Recovery, or Off topic channel just like SS and its sections?

Or does Discord prohibit that?

• Love
Reactions: Persephone ❦
Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

WatermelonMel said:
I think I may have missed it, but is there an active discord for both members not recovering or recovering? Like a discord with a Suicide Discussion, Recovery, or Off topic channel just like SS and its sections?

Or does Discord prohibit that?

Yes, there is. I run this server, which is recovery focused.

I also run two other servers that are not recovery focused (but they still have a recovery resources channel), one of which is open to members with chronic illnesses, while the other is open to members generally.

On all servers, we have a suicide discussion channel (though it's not explicitly named that), recovery channel and off topic (or equivalent), but we also have other channels and sections too.

Suicide discussion is permitted, but no discussion of methods and no linking to SS, as these are most likely against Discord's Community Guidelines.

I have also set up backup servers and have backup platforms in case Discord shuts them down, but everything has been fine so far.

Last edited:
Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

Bump. It would be nice to have more people join us. :heart:

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
I would be interested. Full disclosure: I am currently torn in which direction I'm personally heading, but I do not think I would have any problem respecting the rules as they are set forth in the OP.

• Love
Reactions: Persephone ❦