• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Hank

Hank

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
73
Hi there,
I have SN here, still sealed. Don't want to test with it and expose it to air.

So instead I am just using regular salt for a test run. I tried to dissolve about 30 gr of salt in 60 ml water. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it is hardly dissolving. A lot of the salt stays on the bottom of the glass, even after stirring for minutes. Now, the salt I am using is not superfine, so that might be an issue. Should I use warm water for it? Or it it just that it takes longer then 15 minutes of stirring to get it dissolved?

perhaps someone that already tried this, as a test run, could give some advice.
 
gnomeboy17

gnomeboy17

Specialist
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Messages
324
Use room temperature water. Also that ratio does sound right, but I think SN dissolves more than regular salt.

Don't use cold water
If you search something like SN test run with salt you'll probably find it. I've seen something recently
 
Hank

Hank

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
73
justanotherhuman6 said:
Use room temperature water. Also that ratio does sound right, but I think SN dissolves more than regular salt.

Don't use cold water
If you search something like SN test run with salt you'll probably find it. I've seen something recently
Thanks
 
S

s1mplem3

-
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
455
Salt and SN is not the same. You can test SN, if you open the bottle is ok.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
Messages
1,963
Hank said:
Hi there,
So instead I am just using regular salt for a test run. I tried to dissolve about 30 gr of salt in 60 ml water. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it is hardly dissolving. A lot of the salt stays on the bottom of the glass, even after stirring for minutes.
I did the same . Regular salt is hard to dissolve (at that concentration) . SN dissolves readily .
You can see NaCl solubility is 35g/100ml and NaNO2 is 80g/ml .
In short , SN is much more soluble .


Hank said:
Should I use warm water for it?
DO NOT USE WARM WATER


Hank said:
Or it it just that it takes longer then 15 minutes of stirring to get it dissolved?
No need . It will dissolve quickly .


Hank said:
perhaps someone that already tried this
Yes . SS had 100 ctb attempts with SN . Dissolving it was never a problem . Easy . People posted pictures of SN solution .


Follow Guide . Read FAQ . Read testimonies . Resource

Should I use heated water?No.
  • SN readily dissolves in room temperature water . Stir it .
  • Heating will cause SN to change behaviour – don't.
 
Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Joined
Jan 11, 2020
Messages
6,754
SN dissolves faster and better.

If it's a bottle of industrial grade SN, it's not going to hurt it to open it and test a sample. Just close the cap tightly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jumper Geo
hʚll

hʚll

not real
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Messages
400
i too did a test with normal salt. i measured 25 g Na Cl and mixed it with 50 ml water , all in a plastic bottle (because that's what i 'll use for my attempt since maybe doing it outside) and i kept shaking but after 20 min a lot of the salt was still at the bottom of the bottle.
i really hope with sn it will be different since the solubility in water should be more than double of the one of the normal salt ...