• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

D

Daystavro

-
Oct 15, 2018
No I don't.

Looking at the world, and all the evil and injustice and horrible things that happen all the time, it is plainly obvious that there is no god.

Sometimes I wish there was a god.
Maybe then life wouldn't have been so terrible and nightmarish.

oldgray

oldgray

i wish i'd melt with the snow
Oct 19, 2018
not really, but i can't stop thinking there must be some kind of divine entity who is just having a lot of fun the same way people have fun playing stuff like the sims.

your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
Ive always not believed in god my whole life.
My father who I always thought was a reasonablely smart man, suffers from psychosis now and he thinks he talks to god and that god talks to him. Makes me wonder.
Ive gotten life threateningly sick twice in my life, I always get really religious.
But, I don't feel like anyone is listening, you know.

Kooz

Kooz

Night-Night.
Aug 26, 2018
It's "God's plan" to have newborns be raped by pedophiles and let millions of people catch incurable diseases or starve to death.

I absolutely don't believe in any god at all.

If anything, maybe Earth is hell itself already if a "God" does exist.

L

Lena

Experienced
Sep 26, 2018
Yeah, I do. I get why the world is so bad. It’s because he had to give us free will. If he didn’t give us free will we would just be like, slaves or robots or something. And because we have free will, that means we have to be able to make the choice to do bad, so bad has to exist.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Yeah, I do. I get why the world is so bad. It’s because he had to give us free will. If he didn’t give us free will we would just be like, slaves or robots or something. And because we have free will, that means we have to be able to make the choice to do bad, so bad has to exist.
I think we are like half free. Free Will within a confined set of universal laws.

tumblr_nv8w43Qx0l1uf1xdvo1_500.gif
tumblr_nv8w43Qx0l1uf1xdvo2_500.gif

worldexploder

worldexploder

-
Sep 19, 2018
Personally, that is like asking if I believe in Santa. No. I could make Madalyn Murray O’Hair seem like a Catholic by comparison. While I can’t prove a negative let alone prove that we do not live in a simulation, I can use the law of probabilities or determine that God is nothing more than a mythological figure.

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Yes. I do believe in God.

But my faith is mine and no one else's. I don't push my beliefs on anyone, nor do I respond well to anyone pushing their beliefs on me. I am very much against religion/faith being an institution. I believe every governing body should be secular, and I am against any and all governments and countries that are not strictly secular.

worldexploder

worldexploder

-
Sep 19, 2018
Yes. I do believe in God.

But my faith is mine and no one else's. I don't push my beliefs on anyone, nor do I respond well to anyone pushing their beliefs on me. I am very much against religion/faith being an institution. I believe every governing body should be secular, and I am against any and all governments and countries that are not strictly secular.
Even though I am an antitheist, I respect your beliefs. Even though you believe and I don’t, we share a common purpose - the separation of church and state.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
No I don't.

Looking at the world, and all the evil and injustice and horrible things that happen all the time, it is plainly obvious that there is no god.

Sometimes I wish there was a god.
Maybe then life wouldn't have been so terrible and nightmarish.
Gnostics believed that the physical world with all of it’s corruption, evil, and pain was created by an imperfect god called the Demiurge. This is the god of the Old Testament that toyed with and punished people.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I believe there are universal laws that govern the best interest on how one should act. Maybe that's God. But again idk. I just know there are universal principles that should be followed regardless if that's god or not.