Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Now this is funny. I tried to sort this out because I think it's stupid to waste a body. So I looked up how to register, turns out you're a donor by default in this country. It's an opt-out system that's basically kept secret. Talking about government property...

Yet when somebody needed a kidney ( people have 2 ) getting myself tested and basically volunteering as a donor is hell. Not impossible but you have to really want to and go through an administrative nightmare.

Last edited:
EuroMan

EuroMan

Jul 9, 2018
Now this is funny. I tried to sort this out because I think it's stupid to waste a body. So I looked up how to register, turns out you're a donor by default in this country. It's an opt-out system that's basically kept secret. Talking about government property...

Yet when somebody needed a kidney ( people have 2 ) getting myself tested and basically volunteering as a donor is hell. Not impossible but you have to really want to and go through an administrative nightmare.
sorry this is organ donor card? or self-explanatory card ?

EuroMan

EuroMan

Jul 9, 2018
I having organ donor card.I will be killing me by hanging.I thinking donor card no use me.

Reactions: Angel Goddess
ultraviolet sin

ultraviolet sin

RUDEBOY
Jul 17, 2018
Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I’m mildly worried about these next of kin laws
No. Ultimately it is my family's choice to donate or not to donate. At least that is how it works where I live.
its similarly difficult in AZ. The process takes 4 weeks. Sheesh.

F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
Shouldnt you have to die in the hospital for them to get your organs in time?

They probably dont have much or any use anymore for organs from someone who has ctb and is found 24 hours or more afterwards.

D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
I was considering being a living kidney donor because I assume once I ctb my organs will be unviable (due to my method). Anyone else here thinking about or have actually donated organs because you know you will ctb soon? If so, what was the process like?

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I did for the longest while--since my freshman year in college. The more I experienced of my own kind, the less having one mattered to me...

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Sorry my english sometimes bad."Do you have an organ donor card?" "Question should be self-explanatory ."
Do you have a self-explanatory card ??? I'm not understanding sorry ?

Hi, maybe someone has already answered your question. I appreciate your bravery coming to this site which is essentially an English language site. I travel a lot for work and empathize with dealing with language while trying to fit into a community. So welcome. By "question should be self-explanatory" the original poster means that they believe everyone reading their question will understand what is meant by "organ donor card." Happy to chat more in private if you'd like. Peace.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
In my country, organ donation from suiciders is not allowed. That makes me really sad-someone could use my lungs or kidneys as they are in good condition and I wish I could give them to someone after my death, but the law says no.

N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
My licence says I'm an organ donor but because I'm a minor my parents get the final say. I always have my licence on me though.

Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Yes. My dad didn’t want me to get one, didn’t want my body to be cut up but I got one without telling him

three people die every day in need of a transplant due to a shortage of organ donors.

Last edited:
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah, been one for a while now.
Sad thing is, even though I registered as one my family can just say “no” and my organs won’t be used.