• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Tiburcio

Tiburcio

Voluntary deletion.
May 9, 2018
I noticed there are two kinds of persons here: the ones who want to live but due to their circumstances they have to leave it and the others who never liked life in general. Do you prefer being alive if it was possible or disappear without a trace?

Obviously I would disappear in any circumstance. Others could fake this is good but not me. I refuse this madhouse the world has become.

Edit: I consider living for helping others with problems, but the effort of one person will never be enough, sadly.

Last edited:
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Edit: I consider living for helping others with problems, but the effort of one person will never be enough, sadly.

I wholly agree. What brings me some peace are two things: (1) confrontation-free sharing with others who feel similarly about suicide & (2) feeling I've decreased another being's suffering. Since I'm very depressed and isolated, (2) is just a fantasy usually. It also seems to me that as we humans prosper, other beings invariably suffer. A lot. Because enough of us are OK with that, so the more of us there are...

So ideally, I'd rather just never to have existed. I respect others' different views, but I'm confident life usually involves more suffering than contentedness, let alone joy. And, again, joy too often comes at the expense of other beings' pain.

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
I wouldn't mind staying alive if only to see how this train wreck called civilization crashes and burns out of morbid curiosity (and there are still some things that amuse me).

However I'm tired of jumping through hoops and engaging in pointless mundane busywork to prove how "productive" I am in this cancer. I'm sick of the delusions and ignorance of the majority and resent spending any time with almost everyone.

I suppose I could try to "improve" my life by either getting some shitty job jumping through pointless hoops for some moron who kissed the right ass to get their position or I could again try my hand at trying to sell pointless crap to customers in order to "earn" some precious currency to keep a roof over my head. I don't want to anymore. I've grown sick and tired of playing this ridiculous game.

EDIT: yes I realize that civilization needs most people to be working to keep it functioning. I just don't give a damn about my "contribution" to it, insignificant as it is. If everyone were to stop fulfilling their intended roles this show would stop, and I'd say to hell with it.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I suppose I could try to "improve" my life by either getting some shitty job jumping through pointless hoops for some moron who kissed the right ass to get their position or I could again try my hand at trying to sell pointless crap to customers in order to "earn" some precious currency to keep a roof over my head. I don't want to anymore. I've grown sick and tired of playing this ridiculous game.

Exaaaaactly.

ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
Improving my life, definitely. My situation right now sucks ogre dick in hell and my mind is tattered, but considering death -- like, not being able to hear or make music, or being with dear friends, or getting lost in a foreign country, or doing work that's truly satisfying, fuck, even just laughing at vines -- I'd rather not.

Doesn't mean anything, though. My instincts will get the better of me, sooner or later. My instincts and my anger.

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Rather a lot of improbable events and changes would have to occur for my course to be "corrected." Would I like a fairy godmother to wave her wand and solve my problems? Certainly. I won't be holding my breath, though ... at least not until it comes time for that first of the last inhalations.

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Improving my life will open the way of another sure enormous failure so better dead.
Let's say I improve my life and I live another 10 years mildly ok and then?
I'm going to win something, realize something meaningful for me or for umanity or for a random grain of sand in a random beach?
I truly doubt it.

Tiburcio

Tiburcio

Voluntary deletion.
May 9, 2018
Improving my life will open the way of another sure enormous failure so better dead.
Let's say I improve my life and I live another 10 years mildly ok and then?
I'm going to win something, realize something meaningful for me or for umanity or for a random grain of sand in a random beach?
I truly doubt it.
I can't understand you more, man.

P.S. nice rope selfie

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

-
Jun 17, 2018
I tried to improve, but then I thought: "I can improve myself, but I will never be able to improve the world" and I thought again "I don't want to be a part of the world". I just feel like I'm too smart to stay here and suffer life like an idiot, when there are ways you can bypass the whole process. They can stick their social rules up their asses.