• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I think that a stable environment can reduce suicide, perhaps even dramatically. But I think that there are always going to be some people who ctb, no matter how stable and loving the environment they live in.

ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
Speaking from a group perspective, a stable environment in a population's collective upbringing would almost certainly reduce the rate of suicide. Of course, it's not the only factor to consider, but I'd be willing to wager that most people on this forum didn't have a stable environment while growing up. I know that I certainly didn't.

M

millefeui

-
Mar 31, 2018
Speaking from a group perspective, a stable environment in a population's collective upbringing would almost certainly reduce the rate of suicide. Of course, it's not the only factor to consider, but I'd be willing to wager that most people on this forum didn't have a stable environment while growing up. I know that I certainly didn't.
I did, for the most part, at least at home. Still ended up a complete mess of a human being. School is a different matter, but I was also never the number #1 target of bullies.

That said, you are probably right.