S

Symbiote

Has left the building
Oct 12, 2020
My body gets super wonky if I don't eat sugar for many days. Tremors, blood pressure tanking, etc. Not diabetic or anything. I personally dislike sugary foods and tend to go the sugar-free route often.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
yesyesyesyes. Diet makes a HUGE difference. Low sugar, whole foods, less industrial processed foods- all this is key to recovery. Sugar is genuinely poison I've seen it ruin lives. Our bodies are not made to process so much of it. I think the daily rec is like less than 10g by WHO. One yogurt cup usually has over 20g, soda has over 40g per can. lol its vile.

On the note of desserts- I am a baker and people LOVE what I make. I've never baked a cake and had last 2 days. And I always use less than a 1/3 of the sugar any recipe recommends. I eat desserts every day but dessert does not have to mean high sugar. Not trying to brag but just saying that good food does not require compromising health.

Last edited:
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Sugar can cause brain inflammation and body inflammation. I've eliminated sugar and feel a lot better mentally.

how long did it take to take effect? i guess it's subtile and coming slowly but maybe you can make an estimate.
i did use sugar only for my morning tea but stopped some days ago and start now my day with self made fresh juices.

Reactions: stygal
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I've been (almost) completely off carbs for 6 months now. Inflammation issue...
My depression got better for the first few months. Obviously, this has to do with the fact I was very motivated to achieve a new goal. But also, you do kinda feel more focused when in prolonged ketosis. And I liked that. Then there's also the whole physical aspect. Inflamation stops hurting, no more gut issues, on the clock bowel movements, insomnia under control, and a miracle in its own right - no more shaky hands. This was a lifelong curse of mine and I'm still in disbelief (it's not surprising though, since the diet is so effective at treating epilepsy).
The problem is, once you get used to the benefits and they become normal, once motivation turns to routine, all your old problems just resurface from the shadows.

So now, I can focus more clearly on how shitty my life is.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I beg to differ, but I must have my wires crossed on this like I have with anything else. I've been almost completely sugar-free for about two years due to being diagnosed with diabetes and my mood worsened severely. The few times I did have sugar I actually felt a lot better though I could see my physical health getting worse if I ate more. Either way it seems as though my mental state can only be improved by sugar since I've been pretty cranky without it.

Reactions: Vetrarnott
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for posting! I should try it. I've been so depressed I haven't really looked at what I eat. I do know that after becoming vegetarian I've felt better, but now I've been slipping and eating fish and milk and yogurt a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Jun 22, 2020
Sugar causes widespread inflammation in the body and brain fog in a lot of us. Junk food does too, pizza, fast food, processed food, food that comes in a box or a package, is not the kind of fuel your brain needs to function. If nothing else, try eliminating sugar and be aware all fast food has sugar including most of the things you get there. It's in just about everything.

I noticed the improvement gradually after a couple of months.

Last edited:
Vetrarnott

Vetrarnott

Experienced
Jun 16, 2020
My brother took up the carnivore diet. He says he now suffers from fewer panic attacks. Either Jordan Peterson or his daughter, neither of whom I'm a fan of but my brother is, adopted the diet and reported an improvement in their depression.

I suppose it's possible that the elimination of sugar might improve mood.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

#Thlammed
Jan 26, 2021
My brother took up the carnivore diet. He says he now suffers from fewer panic attacks. Either Jordan Peterson or his daughter, neither of whom I'm a fan of but my brother is, adopted the diet and reported an improvement in their depression.

I suppose it's possible that the elimination of sugar might improve mood.
No diets, people— go for sustainable lifestyle changes. I'm not a doctor tho, do what you want and so on.

Last edited:
$nowLeopard

$nowLeopard

Student
Oct 30, 2021
Sugar does not cause depression in any way

Lol if you get your information about health and dietary practices from those kinds of sites