• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

E

Endeavour

-
20kg is like - a lot, imagine trying to transport it.

S

Scotty

Student
Endeavour said:
20kg is like - a lot, imagine trying to transport it.
I know, it's close to 50 lbs. They do delivery it where I live.

E

Endeavour

-
Here's your 50llbs of dry ice, where would you like it?

Oh, you know, just shove it in the bath.

Might look suspicious?

A bit.

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
SadMisty said:
Don't you feel like you're suffocating if you're breathing CO2?
That’s my question exactly. If there’s a buildup of CO2 gas in the body, you’ll feel like you’re suffocating.

E

Endeavour

-
lost_soul83 said:
That’s my question exactly. If there’s a buildup of CO2 gas in the body, you’ll feel like you’re suffocating.
I think it's all about quantities and time. Sounds like the Russians were struggling to breathe and would have been distressed, but not for long, i.e. the suffering would have been short in duration, whereas if you used a plastic bag over head the Co2 would build up slowly over time and be horrendous for a prolongued period.

I guess all methods have some duration of suffering unless it's something instant like gun shot or sudden train strike or whatever - but even in the lead up to it will be some form of suffering.

DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Scotty said:
This is interesting for sure. Do you block the drain or can you leave it open?
You can leave it open otherwise you might alert someone with the water flowing outside the bathroom
DuckieWaddles said:
I don't think this is a good idea. I attempted with something quite similar to this, 5kg of dry ice in a hot tub with a tarp on top, and I panicked. Will be quick if you can control yourself, but definitely not painless.
That's why quantity matters
20kg will give off a massive amount of gas instantly

And if you dive into the fog it will be quick
2 breaths only

And for ppl who can't get SN or exit bag this Is a good alternative

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty
A

Aap

Enlightened
You always have among the lowest informational posts about methods you don’t really understand. Everything is 100% reliable and peaceful with you.

This is stupid, and the only thing likely to come from this method is a flooded bathroom and burns from the dry ice. You also don’t appreciate how uncomfortable breathing an atmosphere primarily of CO2 is. To get a basic sense of this, fill a very tall glass a third of the way with a very carbonated soda, stick your nose in, and inhale. Not pleasant, and only a very small fraction of what you describe.

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Aap said:
To get a basic sense of this, fill a very tall glass a third of the way with a very carbonated soda, stick your nose in, and inhale. Not pleasant, and only a very small fraction of what you describe.
Off thanks for the info. I was excited yet confused reading through this. Sounds hopeful but painful af, I know that CO2 noseburn feeling well just from being a dumbass child excited about Coke.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
This may actually not be such a bad method, I accidentally found myself reading about how Dry Ice can be deadly with poor ventilation (like Carbon Monoxide sources) and there have been a lot of reports of people who died from this - even from suicides with dry ice in cars.

Last edited: