• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
Hi all:

I have been struggling so hard with obtaining BTC for procurement of items mentioned on this board. Have the money, not the know how. It’s maddening.

I have a friend who has both lots of money and crypto know how, so I reached out to him for advice on how to do this. He has offered to send BTC to a trusted vendor on my behalf. He said I could pay him at my leisure, because he’s a great human. And that is my quandry.

He does not know what this purchase is, or what it is for. He didn’t ask either. But would I be endangering him in any way by having him send the payment on my behalf? Legally, I mean?

I’m in the US and desperate for said product, but also have a soul and wouldn’t want to get anyone else in trouble on my behalf. If there is no risk to him, I’d have him send payment out immediately. But all of this is so new to me and I just want to do the right thing by as many people as possible.

My goal is to make it to the end of the month. Past the holidays. Having this item safely in my hands (I am in the US) will bring equal parts sadness and relief. But mostly relief. Every day is hell but I need a peaceful and quiet way out, before I lose it and go over a bridge.

What say you, board? WWYD? Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I would not do it. BTC wallets can be traced. This would be like slipping drugs into your friends backpack before you board a plane, telling him it is your lunch. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. Best wishes.

R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
I would not do it. BTC wallets can be traced. This would be like slipping drugs into your friends backpack before you board a plane, telling him it is your lunch. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. Best wishes.
That’s what I was worried about. It would kill me to screw up someone else’s life trying to get my hands on these items. But Christ, I am so desperate and it’s so tempting.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
I agree, it's best not to let him send it but he can send it to you and save you a lot of hassle. All you need to do is download a wallet app. There are a few. He can send it to you. You can give him the money via bank transfer and he has then legally sold you the btc and its on you what happens to it from there. There is not likely to be any backlash from using it to procure your goods but as a moral precaution this is the best way to do it. Its not complicated at this stage.

Your friend will be able to tell you how to use the wallet but its no more complicated than making a bank transfer. The biggest thing to consider is any possible mallware on your phone but as you aren't a regular user of crypto it's likely to be ok. The other thing is to triple check everything when making transfers/spending btc because if you input an incorrect number when sending it to an address there is no getting it back like with regular/fiat currency. Don't be overwhelmed though, it really is just a case of using common sense and you appear to possess that.

If you're really concerned there are ways to tumble/clean your btc but I wouldn't suggest going into that route. It's an over complication you could do without. Another option is use Monero. Your friend may be able to advise you on this as he is no doubt experienced however it depends how much you want to tell him and how easily you can avoid saying what you prefer to keep private. The reason I suggest monero is that it's less traceable than btc. Hope this is useful.

Last edited:
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
That’s what I was worried about. It would kill me to screw up someone else’s life trying to get my hands on these items. But Christ, I am so desperate and it’s so tempting.

We all feel like we wanted to be gone 20 years ago, but sometimes it is better to face the truth, which is often not having a workable solution. Seems like you want to do the right thing.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
If you really want to distance the payment/crypto further you could open a few wallets and pass the money around them so that there are a few transactions between your friend and you. Just bare in mind there is a small transaction fee every time you sent crypto. I don't think it's entirely necessary but its an option for peace of mind.

R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
I agree, it's best not to let him send it but he can send it to you and save you a lot of hassle. All you need to do is download a wallet app. There are a few. He can send it to you. You can give him the money via bank transfer and he has then legally sold you the btc and its on you what happens to it from there. There is not likely to be any backlash from using it to procure your goods but as a moral precaution this is the best way to do it. Its not complicated at this stage.

Your friend will be able to tell you how to use the wallet but its no more complicated than making a bank transfer. The biggest thing to consider is any possible mallware on your phone but as you aren't a regular user of crypto it's likely to be ok. The other thing is to triple check everything when making transfers/spending btc because if you input an incorrect number when sending it to an address there is no getting it back like with regular/fiat currency. Don't be overwhelmed though, it really is just a case of using common sense and you appear to possess that.

If you're really concerned there are ways to tumble/clean your btc but I wouldn't suggest going into that route. It's an over complication you could do without. Another option is use Monero. Your friend may be able to advise you on this as he is no doubt experienced however it depends how much you want to tell him and how easily you can avoid saying what you prefer to keep private. The reason I suggest monero is that it's less traceable than btc. Hope this is useful.
I am really clueless with this and have a Coinbase wallet. Could I have him send me the BTC, then Venmo him however much $$$ it was? Would this BTC then be available to send to someone else via Coinbase?

I’m so sorry for all the questions. I just want to get this done ASAP. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
I am really clueless with this and have a Coinbase wallet. Could I have him send me the BTC, then Venmo him however much $$$ it was? Would this BTC then be available to send to someone else via Coinbase?

I’m so sorry for all the questions. I just want to get this done ASAP. Thank you for your help!
Yes that should be fine but if your coinbase wallet is tied to your identity you may want to get another wallet and send it to that. That said, the coinbase wallet (if attached to your id) would certainly be a clear distinction from your friend if you were to use that. Either way I think its fine really. I'm just giving you all the info. Please don't let it over complicate things for you.

Be aware that transactions are not instant like bank transfers. The transaction fee is paid because it goes to a kind of 3rd party known as a minor who is litterly the owner of the tech that keeps the currency moving. The minor gets a fee for 'mining' transaction therefore the fee bracket you choose (theres like a 3 teir system low, average, high) will impact the speed the transaction goes through because they're going to pick the higher fee transactions to process first as they net them more income. This, mixed with the natural limits of the speed of the 'blockchain' (think of this like the conveyer belt carrying the transactions along) means that transactions can take between just a few minutes to a few hours. Even a day or two in some cases. It's a bit of a nailbite period so I'm just preparing you. You shouldn't worry about this when it happens but be aware that choosing a higher transaction fee is the best way to speed your transaction and isn't that expensive at all.

Last edited:
R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
Yes that should be fine but if your coinbase wallet is tied to your identity you may want to get another wallet and send it to that. That said, the coinbase wallet (if attached to your id) would certainly be a clear distinction from your friend if you were to use that. Either way I think its fine really. I'm just giving you all the info. Please don't let it over complicate things for you.

Be aware that transactions are not instant like bank transfers. The transaction fee is paid because it goes to a kind of 3rd party known as a minor who is litterly the owner of the tech that keeps the currency moving. The minor gets a fee for 'mining' transaction therefore the fee bracket you choose (theres like a 3 teir system low, average, high) will impact the speed the transaction goes through because they're going to pick the higher fee transactions to process first as they net them more income. This, mixed with the natural limits of the speed of the 'blockchain' (think of this like the conveyer belt carrying the transactions along) means that transactions can take between just a few minutes to a few hours. Even a day or two in some cases. It's a bit of a nailbite period so I'm just preparing you. You shouldn't worry about this when it happens but be aware that choosing a higher transaction fee is the best way to speed your transaction and isn't that expensive at all.
Wow, you know your stuff. I wish I could just sit down with someone face to face and have them help me. I want to go back to my friend to ask him to send me crypto, but my Coinbase doesn’t even seem to have a passcode. I know that can’t be right. It just opens right up on my phone.

The thing is, I don’t care about losing $800 at this point if I goof, I care about getting the bitcoin sent out so I can be assured that the process is in motion. Then bite my nails until it shows up. Then hide it until after the holidays. I’m out of here one way or another by January. I want it to be the most peaceful way possible. After all this suffering, we all deserve as much.

• Hugs
S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
Ha, I don't really know my stuff. That's about my limit and there's loads more to know but that info is enough to keep your head above water. A quick google search will tell you all that stuff but I know how overwhelming it can be when you're in a bad place so thought I'd offer a little assistance.

Your coinbase app can probably be locked by a password as all apps can be but it won't be password protected by default. It's not really like a bank app but I understand where you're coming from. It would be more secure but surprisingly a lot of the wallet apps are not password protected by default. I guess the logic is that your phone would be locked and that would act as security. Also, if you were to have a large amount of savings in crypto you would keep them in something known as a hard(ware) wallet (usually a usb device) that isn't permanently connected to the internet. Your app on a phone being a soft(ware) wallet and always connect. Generally you would use the soft wallet to make transactions but not to store the crypto for extended periods of time. Think of it like your purse and the hard wallet would be like cash in a safe. There arw things called exchanges too. Coinbase operate one I think. You can think of these like a bank mixed with a currency exchange and a stock market. Many people buying crpto get it from exchanges so you would be bypassing that part by getting it directly from your friend.

So yeah, your coinbase app should be fine but you can search for another soft wallet on the relevant store for your devices operating system (android, apple or windows generally). If you're unsure which to go with you'll find everyrhing you need to know on a web search or even a youtube search of you find it easier to follow that way. Somebody on the forum might be able to suggest a good alternative wallet if you decide to go that route.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
If you have Coinbase, can’t you just pay directly to D? He gives your his details. It was really simple..
She can yes. She is just unaware of this currently and she needs to get the funds from somewhere and is unfamiliar with buying from an exchange. I'm pretty sure you can have a coinbase wallet without a coinbase exchange account. Hopefully she confirm this.

Not sure why she has the coinbase app/wallet. I meant to ask but assumed that info may be offered up on the back of comments already made surrounding this.

Reactions: dyingalone123
D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
She can yes. She is just unaware of this currently and she needs to get the funds from somewhere and is unfamiliar with buying from an exchange. I'm pretty sure you can have a coinbase wallet without a coinbase exchange account. Hopefully she confirm this.

Not sure why she has the coinbase app/wallet. I meant to ask but assumed that info may be offered up on the back of comments already made surrounding this.
Ah I see!! Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Smart No More
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
It’s really not that difficult… connect your bank account to coinbase, and buy btc. Send btc to D directly from coinbase. If you want another layer of protection, get another wallet like Exodus and send it to that first. And then send it to D’s address. You’ll lose some money from mining fees though

Reactions: dyingalone123
R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021

Hi. I have Coinbase because NY is so heavily regulated that only certain crypto apps are supported here.

My friend just sent me the crypto I needed for the transaction. Without me even asking, he sent it over and I was gobsmacked. Offered to help me with sending it as well. I feel both elated and terrible and I hope he never puts two and two together once news of my passing is out out there.

But now that the crypto is “mine,” they’d never go after him for anything right? I bought an extra $100 (figured that out) to make it look like I was on the app for more than just buying what I am buying.

I can send to D right from CB yes??? That makes life a lot easier.

I also read here that he will send M separately. Is this true? I would be so fricking relieved to have both here safely. I’ll pay for another parcel, I just want to have everything I need.

I sat in the chair where all of this will happen. It’s in my basement. It was my dad’s and is in tough shape. My beloved late dog took it over after my dad died, and little pieces of his hair are still on it. I was going to reupholster it, but decided not to. I want it just as it is, but covered with blankets in case I puke or something. I hope I won’t.

Knowing I can finally pass in a way that won’t follow my kids publically, in a place that brings me comfort.... Jesus, the relief. 44 more days. So much to do before then.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
He has been sending M in the same package recently but I don't think its guaranteed as he hasn't always done it. Previous suppliers added it occasionally too.

The transaction will not be traced to your friend however it might be a good idea to delete an apps or immediate traces of your btc use before you do ctb as then there is no way for them to link it.

Is your coinbase account attached to your ID? If so it's questionable whether you want to send it from there. However you should be able to use another wallet app. Just pay into that from the CB account and then use the new anonymous wallet to send to D. However it's only one transaction on the chain away from your ID so some would understandably make little difference. It at least creates plausible deniability in my opinion. Either way, if you're happy you of course can pay D from your CB yes. Sorry for going round the houses on that. I'm a bit detail oriented to a fault.

Glad you're feeling better about things. :) Having it available takes a lot of the stress about things off your shoulders and allows a certain calm help you get through a few more days safe in the knowledge the option is there.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
He has been sending M in the same package recently but I don't think its guaranteed as he hasn't always done it. Previous suppliers added it occasionally too.

The transaction will not be traced to your friend however it might be a good idea to delete an apps or immediate traces of your btc use before you do ctb as then there is no way for them to link it.

Is your coinbase account attached to your ID? If so it's questionable whether you want to send it from there. However you should be able to use another wallet app. Just pay into that from the CB account and then use the new anonymous wallet to send to D. However it's only one transaction on the chain away from your ID so some would understandably make little difference. It at least creates plausible deniability in my opinion. Either way, if you're happy you of course can pay D from your CB yes. Sorry for going round the houses on that. I'm a bit detail oriented to a fault.

Glad you're feeling better about things. :) Having it available takes a lot of the stress about things off your shoulders and allows a certain calm help you get through a few more days safe in the knowledge the option is there.
Is Cakewallet a good idea? I know I can’t use it for MNR in NY, but it may work for BTC?

And thank you for all of the details. This helps me immeasurably. I have zofran and benzos and will figure out how to make it more palatable (lidocaine spray, Splenda). All I need is the meto and N. I will cry when I have it, for so many reasons. I know people hang onto it for years, but it will take all of my strength not to glug it down as soon as I get it. All of these months of unrelenting hell. I’m trying one more therapy in the interim, but seeing as surgery and every other option failed, I don’t hold out much hope.

D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
You’re a strong woman readysteady!!! Wish I had you as my mother if that means anything. You’ve exhausted everything for your family and now your exiting on your own terms.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
I imagine cake wallet is fine but I've never used it so can't say for certain. There's one called Jaxx Liberty which is pretty user friendly. Maybe that's of use to you?

Just reminder.... If you want a faster transaction remember to set your transaction fee to 'high'. It still only costs the equivalent of a coffee but eases the nailbiting wait time.

If you want to track the progress of the transaction you can use a site called mempool which monitors things. You just paste the transaction code you receive whwn putting it through. It's handy id your transaction is taking a long time. You will most likely never need it.

All the best.

R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
You’re a strong woman readysteady!!! Wish I had you as my mother if that means anything. You’ve exhausted everything for your family and now your exiting on your own terms.
This means so much to me. So many have downplayed the hell I am in, insisting that I am selfish and disgusting for being suicidal, even as I put on a brave face and do everything for my kids. Every day. One “friend” threatened to call CPS on me. wtf!?! My kids have everything they could ever possibly want and are surrounded by love. Fucking CPS. All because I was irreparably injured trying to do the right thing for my family. I haven’t spoken to that person since. I’m sure they’ll show up at the wake, spouting God and forgiveness. Fuck her.

Nobody’s opinion matters to me anymore, other than my husband and kids. My in-laws will hate me for doing this, but my husband knows. He sees. He understands. Still will try and stop me, but he knows. My in-laws love my kids and will be there for them. Everyone will. The community, family.... not Mommy. God it hurts. But I am doing the best that I can.

I’d give everything I own, all the money I have, an arm, a leg, anything, to get better. I’ve spent thousands and endured hell. All for these kids. It just gets worse

No one IRL will see it this way, but I am doing this for my kids too. They deserve a real life with a mom or someone like a mom who is not disabled and tortured like I am now. Once I have N, I will hang on until I’m to the point of no return. My goal is 44 days. Well past Christmas, no meaningful birthday near the date.

I was going to try my luck at scoring meto from Urgent Care. Hoping being well dressed and older and chatty about how I have “taken it in the past” will help them give it to me without raising eyebrows. If not, I take my chances with shipment. Others in my area have gotten their packages with no issues. Praying I am as lucky.

Thank you again for your kind words. I really needed them today.

D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
This means so much to me. So many have downplayed the hell I am in, insisting that I am selfish and disgusting for being suicidal, even as I put on a brave face and do everything for my kids. Every day. One “friend” threatened to call CPS on me. wtf!?! My kids have everything they could ever possibly want and are surrounded by love. Fucking CPS. All because I was irreparably injured trying to do the right thing for my family. I haven’t spoken to that person since. I’m sure they’ll show up at the wake, spouting God and forgiveness. Fuck her.

Nobody’s opinion matters to me anymore, other than my husband and kids. My in-laws will hate me for doing this, but my husband knows. He sees. He understands. Still will try and stop me, but he knows. My in-laws love my kids and will be there for them. Everyone will. The community, family.... not Mommy. God it hurts. But I am doing the best that I can.

I’d give everything I own, all the money I have, an arm, a leg, anything, to get better. I’ve spent thousands and endured hell. All for these kids. It just gets worse

No one IRL will see it this way, but I am doing this for my kids too. They deserve a real life with a mom or someone like a mom who is not disabled and tortured like I am now. Once I have N, I will hang on until I’m to the point of no return. My goal is 44 days. Well past Christmas, no meaningful birthday near the date.

I was going to try my luck at scoring meto from Urgent Care. Hoping being well dressed and older and chatty about how I have “taken it in the past” will help them give it to me without raising eyebrows. If not, I take my chances with shipment. Others in my area have gotten their packages with no issues. Praying I am as lucky.

Thank you again for your kind words. I really needed them today.
You’re very welcome!! They will understand one day trust me!! If not today or tomorrow, when they go through immense suffering - they’ll understand. Yes, you are! You’ve done everything you can. I can tell you don’t want to go. I haven’t experience your level of pain and I want to leave already. You’ve endured enough and you’ve made it further than some of us here. Now you have to wrap things up for your family, that shows how much courage and strength you have. Good luck on your journey. May your suffering go away.

Wrennie

Wrennie

Latent Corpse 💀
Dec 18, 2019

I used CakeWallet. It had a user-friendly interface and their customer support responds within the hour to any inquiries you may have.

R

readysteady

Experienced
Sep 26, 2021
I used CakeWallet. It had a user-friendly interface and their customer support responds within the hour to any inquiries you may have.

I have Cakewallet. I think it can be used in NYS, just not for Monero. But transferring from CB to CakeWallet and THEN to D scares me. I just don’t want to screw up.

It’s great that their customer service is good though!!! That gives me some measure of relief. Part of me just wants to send from CB and have it DONE

• Hugs