• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

L

leavinghope

Jul 18, 2018
Today, I attempted suicide for the first time (hopefully not the last). My method was full suspension hanging and I obviously botched it. I didn't take into account the fact that when the noose closes around my neck, it will drop down a little as the free length of rope increases. As a result, when I jumped from the chair, I ended up with my feet touching the ground and I quickly pulled it off my. My neck hurts a little bit but fortunately there are no marks on it. If you plan on using this method, make sure you don't make the same mistake as me. I will probably try again tomorrow with a better setup and report back if I survive.

BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
Don't beat yourself up, I've got 4 attempts to my name. Good luck on on succeeding. I hope you find the peace that you want.
May the universe be kind to your soul.