• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Has Someone Hurt You in the Past 6 Months?

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I hurt them too.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Yes, but I deserve it.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

Enlightened
We’re talking about tears shed (or the equivalent for you)?

Also, sorry that this reads like one of those questionnaires they have you answer at the doctor’s office. Probably my useless psych degree finally put to use, lol.

Last edited:
J

Journeytoletgo

Experienced
Yes I was obviously hurt emotionally, however it’s also my OWN fault for hooking up with a guy I didn’t even know that long we only met once and expecting something to come from it. I hate myself for this embarrassing part of my life right now.

Celerity

Celerity

Enlightened
Journeytoletgo said:
Yes I was obviously hurt emotionally, however it’s also my OWN fault for hooking up with a guy I didn’t even know that long we only met once and expecting something to come from it. I hate myself for this embarrassing part of my life right now.
Hey now, that’s a common mistake to make. Not your fault at all. You definitely didn’t deserve it. People are shitheads.

Reactions: Ame
Celerity

Celerity

Enlightened
Cherry Crumpet said:
I missed the cutoff deadline by a week or so - but my ex absolutely did.
Whatever. Fuck it. I’m the thread owner, and I say it counts. Close enough. It’s really “6 months or thereabouts”.

Ame

Ame

あめ
So much so that there are simply no words...but I am not angry with them, nor can I blame them.
  • Yes
  • I hurt them too
  • Yes, but I deserve it
The person who hurt me more than anyone was the person I love the most. I think that because I existed and that person knew that I cared, I inadvertently hurt them too. The mind says that I don't deserve what happened nor the pain that came along with it, but the heart likes to tell me that I do for simultaneously being too much and not enough. It usually is those closest to us who have that potential. It is impossible to exist in the lives of others without hurting others and being hurt. From these truths came this little something called "The Hedgehog's Dilemma".

Celerity

Celerity

Enlightened
Ame said:
So much so that there are simply no words...but I am not angry with them, nor can I blame them.
  • Yes
  • I hurt them too
  • Yes, but I deserve it
The person who hurt me more than anyone was the person I love the most. I think that because I existed and that person knew that I cared, I inadvertently hurt them too. The mind says that I don't deserve what happened nor the pain that came along with it, but the heart likes to tell me that I do for simultaneously being too much and not enough. It usually is those closest to us who have that potential. It is impossible to exist in the lives of others without hurting others and being hurt. From these truths came this little something called "The Hedgehog's Dilemma".
Nice term there. You learn something new every day!

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Living dead girl
I did have a big row with family members a few months back, but apart from that I generally avoid other people. They have the potential to cause us lots of pain and ruin our lives. Others have hurt me in the past which is why I keep my distance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and demuic
Lovequenel

Lovequenel

Wizard
Sort of. I was more hurt by what the abusive scenario reminded me about the state of affairs in my 'life'. At least it wasn't someone I care about.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
I stated no because I self isolate almost completely now - I do not give people a chance to hurt me anymore. Been there done that and I feel beyond broken because of it. I also refuse to allow it to happen anymore - I want this last little time I have on earth to be as peaceful as possible.

<3

Reactions: Lovequenel