• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

M

Maggotymaggots

-
Apr 18, 2018
When I was very young, like around 6 or 7, I had a frequently recurring nightmare that was so frequently recurring that I'd immediately realize I was dreaming when I had it. Even though I'd know it was a dream, it didn't make me any less terrified and I'd try to kill myself in order to wake up, usually by throwing myself down the staircase I'd always start the dream at the top of, now that I think of it. It's funny the kinds of things you end up remembering.

skyofAuroras

skyofAuroras

-
Apr 10, 2018
Only once. I was on a bridge going over the freeway and I decided to jump. I was pretty good at lucid dreaming at the time and I stopped myself before hitting the ground. Then I tried again but woke up.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
I would, but seeing as how I'm utterly incapable of lucid dreaming in the first place I guess I'm shit outta luck. In my entire life I think I've had one lucid dream and it was so many years ago now (10-15, or thereabouts) that I mostly can't even remember what it was about. I think I was in an old Japanese village wandering around aimlessly until suddenly, through pure chance, I realized I was dreaming. Usually that would trigger me to awaken myself and lose out on the opportunity completely, but for whatever reason, that time it just didn't happen. Anyway, this then followed with me leaping around and swirling about in the air without a care before I then conjured up some random ninja-like entity that I proceeded to have a Matrix style fight with until, somewhere within it all, I woke up. I wish I could somehow figure out how to recapture whatever it was that led to it happening in the first place. Lucid dreaming could become quite a nice hobby, especially for someone like me, given how fucking often I'm asleep. But, oh well. Whatever. Doesn't matter, I guess.

Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
I've never had a lucid dream, but I dreamt of my grave when I was quite young, and I had a lengthy dream involving a murderer, that ended with my death.

C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I’ve nevrr had a lucid dream. Please tell me your tricks for having them. All my dreams are very vivid, they feel very real, and I don’t really like sleeping or being awake because I don’t have positive or neutral dreams, only bad ones. I’d love to have control over them.

R

raskolnikov

Aug 10, 2018
No. I have often dreamt of me in dangerous situations, most of the time action-movie inspired type dreams; once it happened in a lucid dream and when it happened I remember to have thought:"f**k it, I'm in a dream, they can't kill me. It will be me killing them." And so happened in the dream ahah. If only this worked in real life.

R

raskolnikov

Aug 10, 2018
I remember dying, but I found the one where I got late for school scarier.

I made countless times dreams where, depending on the dream, I had to repeat high school from the beginning/last year of high school/final exam. It was always scary and unsettling.

It was my most hated dream for years. I think it's a confirmation of how much high school and its asshole professors fucked me up.

T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
Haven't committed suicide in a lucid dream, but I have experienced quite a few dreams where I genuinely thought I died. Not one of those dreams were frightening in any way. They were all colored by peace and acceptance.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
yes, quite often. Once I jumped off a building, once from a bridge and another time I stabbed myself. I have to say the stabbing felt very real. It was so painful I immediatly woke up.

Reactions: Tiburcio
littlelady856

littlelady856

losing my mind
Dec 20, 2018
I love lucid dreams- I’ve never tried to kill myself in one because I knew I was dreaming and that it wasn’t real.
I have tried though in non lucid ones- where I thought it was real life

C14

C14

Sep 23, 2018
When a dream ends up with me killing myself, I often find myself in a hopeless situation such as getting addicted to drugs, wanted by the police, dropping out of hs etc. It's almost always from shooting myself, but once it was the start of an OD by heroin.

L

Lonely Twin Angel

Oct 29, 2018
Many times. There's a few dreams that I have on repeat. Some of them are me ending myself and others are of me dying. In one dream, I hang myself. In another dream I'm trapped somewhere drowning in my own blood.