• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
sundress

sundress

way off in the deep end
My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know what to do; I'm not sleeping well and I'm worried I'll have an episode.

I have a lot of disordered thinking and headaches. I have exams soon and I'm stressed out because of that.

Gracias

logan

logan

Warlock
It's difficult in such a situation.

In any case, a regular daily routine, enough sleep, moderate endurance training and no alcohol helps.

OrcWitch

OrcWitch

Student
It probably won't work for everyone but I liked taking Buspar. It's non habit forming/has no recreational value, so it is easier to get prescribed than benzos.

Reactions: sundress
nerve

nerve

24 hour sleep cycle
0a39d36cedfb80c9c7d6edaabf0dcd85.png

This is one of the only DBT-y things I've gotten use out of. Might not help much with the sleep issue, but maybe it can put some distance between you and the anxiety.

T

timf

Mage
It can help to get rid of all caffeine (coffee, tea, sodas, chocolate, etc.)

It can also help to carve out of your schedule a slice of time just for relaxing (watching a favorite film or reading a favorite book). This can serve as a sort of sanctuary and be useful to allow yourself to unwind a little.

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
logan said:
It's difficult in such a situation.

In any case, a regular daily routine, enough sleep, moderate endurance training and no alcohol helps.
This plus benzos if you have access to them.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Average SN enjoyer
Getting rid of all of your energy, integrating the stress, converting it and tackling the core issues are some ways from the top of my head.

iamthewalrus

iamthewalrus

certified idiot
i dont know if it counts as anxiety because i have most of the symptoms of it, except it occured randomly and it's been happening all day today. i can't be bothered to read too much into it

one of the thing thing that temporarily helps me is by listening to music and pacing around. laying down in bed while thinking of good stuffs helps too. just try to be relaxed. and as someone stated up above, reduce caffeine intake or just by take your time to relax. it could work well too. i might as well try it soon. good luck.