• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

B

ben7

Put this on a thread earlier, but I see a lot of people talk about using out of town hotels and I wondered what the thinking was behind that?

Is it to be sensitive to family members from your own town? I would've thought finding somewhere out the way in your own town would be enough, still sensitive, plus allows you to me more spontaneous rather than having to make a big plans in advance, travel far, etc?

Sereg0r

Sereg0r

Bitte tötet mich
I plan on going to a hotel in a different city to ctb. It’s only a 10 minutes away by train and the hotel is by the station, so it will be easy to get to for me. I’m not sure why I’ve chosen to do it in a different city, I guess I just like the idea of doing somewhere that’s away from everything, away from people I know and family etc. I also know that once I go to the hotel, I will be reported as a vulnerable missing person so I think not being in my city will give me time to get everything done and I won’t be found until it’s too late, this is what I’m hoping anyway.