• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
I'm not sure that's something you can eliminate. I think the burden of living, or the perception of it, has to outweigh it. I'm more describing my rational judgement in this matter, not from a place of depression or mental health issues.

D

Depressed Cat

Experienced
Jan 4, 2022
You need to change the negative attributes associated with dying in your mind with positive attributes.

Don't imagine dying as ending your life and leaving your loved ones forever.

Instead, imagine dying as ending all your sufferings and difficulties in this world. Imagine it as becoming completely free of all worldly needs, wants and desires. Imagine it as finding an absolutely blissful, eternal and everlasting peace. Imagine it as entering a state of pure freedom, love and happiness.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

FUBAR
Jan 26, 2021
No idea about how it is for others, but I've been slowly and steadily trying to work on this.

For me it's about reaching a conclusion about (1) the process of dying (pain, success rate) and (2) what happens after death (impact on loved ones, religious stuff).

If the fear is still there after I'm confident about what dying entails, then I'll either have to keep living or act in spite of the emotion.

LeavingForever

LeavingForever

-
Sep 24, 2020
I am not scared of dying, I see death to be comforting, but instead I am scared of living and the method failing. When we die there will be no more pain. I believe that many people overcome their fear of death when the pain of living gets to be too much and they get to a point of desperation where they cannot bear to exist anymore. I wish you the best with your plans.

Rational man

Rational man

Arcanist
Oct 19, 2021
I presume you have a serious medical physical condition like me ?

I was a strong fit healthy man. Disease took this from and is threatening to deprive me of my independence and dignity.

The pain and sickness gets worse each day and i get no medical support! I feel as though im left to rot in this physical form, And yet authorities question our motives. Ive got to the stage where release.from pain would be welcomed and on my terms under my control. The last thing i need is a terrifying ordeal like my Mother endured wh en she was dying of cancer. Doctors couldn't save or cure her and she was left to die in her own own stinking filth.

i do not fear death because i have no choice. It is coming for me anyhow. But i do have options.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
sharky

sharky

Dec 15, 2021
I dont think you can eliminate that fear. It’s part of the process and part of dying. Fear is also part of nice things like dating someone. It’s always a part of life. I think you should embrace the fear and don’t let it get in your way, if that makes sense.

Rational man

Rational man

Arcanist
Oct 19, 2021
Everyone in sickness or good health should deal with death fears. We are just guests in this world and our time will end. Many people cant deal with this fact and it ruins the present moment which is our only guarantee.