• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

How do you think your Dr / therapist will react when you commit suicide? (Select all that apply)

• Surprised! :-O

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Not surprised. :-|

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Sad :-(

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Glad :-) (won’t have to deal with you anymore)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Won’t care :-/

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Laughter :-D

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
My preference: they get over it really soon and forget about me.

What is likely to happen: they'll be broken up about it, but I don't see why. I'm not really worth the grief.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Not surprised at all. I've discussed it with him at length. He's a good guy

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I think she would be upset about it (especially since she is a devout Christian), but not really surprised. She knows that I find the prospect of ctb "enticing" (as she puts it) -- she knows that I don't want to ctb any time soon, but that I want to hold it in reserve for the future.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I think she would be upset about it (especially since she is a devout Christian), but not really surprised. She knows that I find the prospect of ctb "enticing" (as she puts it) -- she knows that I don't want to ctb any time soon, but that I want to hold it in reserve for the future.
I also have a therapist who's Christian (I'm Christian myself.) I hope she'll be fine if I ctb in the near future. She's talented and extremely helpful, but I'm a lost cause and honestly someone who can actually be helped should take my spot on her client list.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I also have a therapist who's Christian (I'm Christian myself.) I hope she'll be fine if I ctb in the near future. She's talented and extremely helpful, but I'm a lost cause and honestly someone who can actually be helped should take my spot on her client list.

Yes, I am also a Christian (a practicing Catholic, to be precise). My therapist is also talented, helpful and sympathetic, but even she cannot get the thought of ctb someday out of my mind.

SamK

SamK

Cloud Surfing
Aug 21, 2018
My CPN will probably be shocked, mainly because my last few phone calls with her consisted of ''i'm great! the antidepressant is working and i threw away all of my bbq's for co poisoning!'' Lol .. meanwhile , i'm still in misery , though it was nice for a moment to pretend things were better. Heyho. She will be glad in the long run that she doesn't have to deal with me anymore.
My dr on the other hand will be crapping himself, wondering how he can cover up all my notes nd manipulate his way out of any involvement. I'm sure that'll be successful anyway. As always.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
She's told me she would be sad, which I believe she would be.

I talk about planning all the time in session, because I currently don't have a fool-proof method in place and that is a huge stressor for me because I feel incredibly trapped without one; it can be so surreal because although she frequently drops in disclaimers like "I don't want you to do this", it's like she is problem-solving with me to arrange my own exit.

So I imagine it will also be somewhat of a relief for her when it's all over.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
Sad but not surprised. I have made my suicidal ideation and availability of at least 2 methods readily at hand completely known. I'm not a terribly spontaneous person so they know I won't have like an "off day" and decide "welp I might as well kill myself now!" it's very thought out for me.

M

millefeui

-
Mar 31, 2018
Anyone who knows me a fair bit, and that includes my ex-therapist, will not be surprised at all. While our relationship was obviously professional, he was always very nice to me, doing whatever he could to try and help. I think he will be a little sad but definitely not surprised when I kill myself.