• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I was 8 or 9 when I had my first suicidal thought. It became more regular at 12 and I first attempted at 14.

Also started to self harm at about 15. It started with digging nail scissors into my skin. At 16, I started to cut. At about 18, I did a combination of cutting and some chemical burns. Finally stopped this year at the age of 20. But sometimes I consider doing it again. Maybe I'd lose some weight because I seemed to replace it with comfort eating.

Last edited:
M

millefeui

-
Mar 31, 2018
15. That was almost 13 years ago.

But... Here is the thing. If you read my posts, you might know I have this thing about "being an anime person", which sounds stupid, I know, but listen... Since I was very small, like 5 or so, I already spent most of my time within my head, fantasizing about being somewhere else, being someone different... Two decades later, and that hasn't changed, except... I realized how silly my dreams were when I was still a child (but I never gave up on them, of course - my dreams are all I have, aside from my dog).

Why I am saying this? Well, because when I realized I would have to stay in this world for my whole life, it didn't take long for death ideation to become a thing in my little head. Even as a preteen, I was already thinking about dying, disappearing. Then puberty came, and by the age of 15 if not a little earlier than that, I was already pretty much suicidal.

worldexploder

worldexploder

-
Sep 19, 2018
I was “primitively” suicidal at around age 7. I use to pray to god to take me in my sleep. Then wake up crying because I was still here. I did that even as a teen. I started to actively contemplate methods in the mid 2000s. My first attempt was in 2015 and my second and last was in 2016. I am 35 years old now.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Super duper enlightened
Sep 9, 2018
I think I first felt suicidal around 14 or 15, so about 20 years ago now. I was always a sad and sensitive kid, and never felt like I belonged or was loved all that much. In my teens I went through that kind of aggressive/nihilistic phase a lot of teens go through and often thought of ctb. Others around me noticed it too, but I think it was always expected that I'd grow out of it. I never did though. I've never self-harmed or had any attempts, however.

Last edited:
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
I think I first passively wished for death when I was 9 or 10 years old. I was bullied at school between the ages of 8 and 15: I was bookish, bespectacled, plump, clumsy and spoke more formally than my classmates -- a perfect target. I became actively suicidal when I was 16: I stood on a chair with a sash made into a noose around my neck: the sash was attached to a lighting fixture in my bedroom. I had a pair of scissors in my right hand to cut the sash in case I changed my mind after I kicked the chair away -- but I could not get myself to kick the chair away.

I also wanted to jump from the top story of the dorm building where I was living the summer after my junior year of high school (I was in an advanced college program for high school students that summer). I could not get myself to jump, however, and when I told a priest about it, he told me that I was much more fortunate than young people who had grown up during the Great Depression (since this was in 1983 and the priest was about 65, I think the priest was thinking about young people from his own generation).

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
23 so a late starter compared with some of you. I wouldn't say I was predisposed to this or anything, I was a happy kid it's just what happened after that

Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
14 i think but didn’t become actively suicidal till i was 17. At 14, i think i firstly became depressed. Occasional suicidal thoughts at 15 and 16. Once i hit 17 i started having suicidal thoughts regularly and first attempted suicide back in feb 2018. I’ve attempted suicide 4 times this year as far.

willowtrees0

willowtrees0

willowtrees
Oct 5, 2018
I experienced mild depression at 13 when my dad passed but I dont really count that because I think self harm was just a way for me to cope with feelings I didnt understand. I just didnt know how to grieve and 13 is such a bad age as it is. at 18 was my first real memory of depression.

Reactions: lv-gras
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
9 0r 10. I was depressed, I didn't feel I am loved enough, worth enough, or I felt I and my life is miserable. I remember how I felt... I was always on the down-side of everything. In whatever I am .. I used to get hit by bad things without a miss. As a kid, I never felt I was loved. I don't know what's wrong with me or whatever it is.. Maybe I was not shown enough love (by touch, words) or I was a sensitive kid who needed tons of attention. The latter might be true..I was told by a lot of people I am sensitive .I never expected that someone would stand up for me .. I used to think ' why would anyone stand up for me?'.. now I understand how fucked up it is to hear from a kid..
Attempt.. I was naive enough to think those water absorbant 'silica gel' granules can kill me.. funny. Since my mother used to say they were dangerous. I took a bag , crushed up all those granules, mixed it in my food , had it. I Waited for something to happen.. yeah but no.
That's the only attempt I've done in my childhood as far as I remember.. But, I always felt miserable.

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I first self harmed at 14-15. I moved schools and two girls in my new class cut their arms. Guess it just gave me the 'inspiration'

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I don’t remember for certain, and I might be confabulating here, but I think the first time I thought about ending it all was when I was 13, and I seriously considered the notion of going outside and throwing myself in front of traffic. When I was 19 I started reading on suicide methods, and soon enough tried hanging for the first time.

C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
I was a child, maybe around 10 I first time contemplated harakiri, after my parents had a fight.
It was the first time I thought I wanted to be dead rather than alive.
This 'bad seed' has been growing in me since.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I first felt suicidal in 1st or 2nd grade (no word for it then, just "wanting to disappear" at the time). I started self-harming and my eating disorder started when I was 12 though.

V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Disclaimer: Self harm is incredibly stupid, albeit pleasurable.
Around when I was 11 I think I started self harming and had thoughts of suicide(Can't remember before that). I can't even exactly remember why. I remember impulsive acts of self destruction. Drinking mouth wash(As if that could kill you...), trying to blind myself(idek...). I stopped self harming a couple years later. The severity of the cuts kept rapidly increasing. It was to the point where I couldn't go any deeper without hitting bone(I'm pretty skinny though). I was left with some pretty large scars from the stupid shit I did. I haven't really cared though as I have been suicidal ever since.

Last edited: