Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Experienced
Aug 28, 2021
That´s interesting, I thought the sweet point is a point on ones neck but according to your words it is a point in time.

Coming to your book. There are more factors than a photo can tell, like neck diameter, diameter of the ligature, body weight, type of knot, knot position, duration of hanging etc.

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
That´s interesting, I thought the sweet point is a point on ones neck but according to your words it is a point in time.

Coming to your book. There are more factors than a photo can tell, like neck diameter, diameter of the ligature, body weight, type of knot, knot position, duration of hanging etc.
Very good Mr Gustav Hartmann.
You're a science guy. You know how to measure human necks, how to compress them, how to measure ropes, how certain knots are more effective for certain effects than others yada yada.
Since my book is going to take a year or maybe more to write, I'll probably learn some of that too, but If I fail and make a
"mediocre" book, then you can download my book and add detail to that mediocrity. making it less mediocre,
and some other guy then can also redowownload it , and add even more detail to it. From a stick man
it will become Mona Lisa in no time. You can write your nickname in the credits page, even in the cover if you want.

In my book sweet spot will mean the pressure that you neck needs for = dizziness before fainting/syncope
But it will also mean the feeling itself. I don't see any point in separating the two. When
you've touched your "sweet spot" a second later you also get the dizzy feeling, right?
If you don't, then your sweet spot is something else, different from mine
it's your jugular spot, or your 30 seconds to faint spot.

Last edited:
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Experienced
Aug 28, 2021
Very good Mr Gustav Hartmann.
You're a science guy. You know how to measure human necks, how to compress them, how to measure ropes, how certain knots are more effective for certain effects than others yada yada.
Since my book is going to take a year or maybe more to write, I'll probably learn some of that too, but If I fail and make a
"mediocre" book, then you can download my book and add detail to that mediocrity. making it less mediocre,
and some other guy then can also redowownload it , and add even more detail to it. From a stick man
it will become Mona Lisa in no time. You can write your nickname in the credits page, even in the cover if you want.

In my book sweet spot will mean the pressure that you neck needs for = dizziness before fainting/syncope
But it will also mean the feeling itself. I don't see any point in separating the two. When
you've touched your "sweet spot" a second later you also get the dizzy feeling, right?
If you don't, then your sweet spot is something else, different from mine
it's your jugular spot, or your 30 seconds to faint spot.

Frankly spoken, I don´t know what sweet spot means and I never hanged partial. I was often hanged completely by a partner until I pass out what happens regular within 5 to 15 seconds.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
Frankly spoken, I don´t know what sweet spot means and I never hanged partial. I was often hanged completely by a partner until I pass out what happens regular within 5 to 15 seconds.
If you pass out in 5 or 15 seconds why is avoid full feet on air, is because of the death penalty? The fear of pain?

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
it might be uncomfortable.
I've never tried full suspension.I have no idea how it would feel. The only thing I know is that your whole body will press on your neck with full.
I did a partial that became a full when I was already unconscious.
It's all I can tell you know.
and obviously the biggest disadvantage is that you can't change your mind. I changed my mind, but the dizziness didn't care about my opinion.

Last edited:
BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
A shibari rope 5 mm wide is enough for partial at least or isn't recommend?

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
A shibari rope 5 mm wide is enough for partial at least or isn't recommend?
Most suicide by hanging cases used a 10+mm nylon rope
How long is your rope?
Google says a 6mm rope of that type can hold 20kg per meter
How much do you weight?

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
48 kg / 108 lbs, 1.49 m tall
Rope is 10 meters according to online shop

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
48 kg / 108 lbs, 1.49 m tall
Rope is 10 meters according to online shop
I think I've read somewhere that these ropes break at 100kg if the quality isn't good
You do weight less than that, and partial suspension doesn't even use all of your body weight

W

waitingforrest

Wizard
Dec 27, 2021
Yes, they banned me for years because I said swear words or something on a "meme" thread :pfff:
I don't even know who's in charge of the forum now, but they were kind enough to unban me.
I thought I was seeing things.

Welcome back!, even though it's a ctb forum, but still welcome!

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
I thought I was seeing things.

Welcome back!, even though it's a ctb forum, but still welcome!
Thanks. But they might ban me again. I used the word "fuck" in the off topic.
For a moment I hesitated, but after a second of thought I realized that there was no other way to efficiently communicate that idea.
Maybe this time I'll be banned for 10 years instead of just 4. :pfff:

(I'm joking, mods, have mercy)

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019

I just tried it and I can say if you get it right is extremely quick I was out before I even felt any pressure on my head.

Reactions: jcksonb22
sophie22German

sophie22German

Sabrina - Love of my life. We'll meet again
Jun 18, 2022
It might be a stupid question, but I'm pretty new in this topic. What is more reliable? Partial or full hanging? I fear to fuck up partial because of possible survival instincts

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
i have this nautical rope with 10mm thickness bought about two years ago, i am still planning my ctb.
vDzEJyT.jpg

Reactions: Worndown
NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
It might be a stupid question, but I'm pretty new in this topic. What is more reliable? Partial or full hanging? I fear to fuck up partial because of possible survival instincts
Full suspension. Maybe try to compress the arteries before kicking the chair by kneeling on it like (one leg kneels in the air) I did. It's the only method that is completely resistant to convulsions. (I've seen some "hanging" videos in the past, and the convulsions can be pretty violent for a minute or two. I don't think hanging by sitting from a doorknob will work). I do have a thin neck. I don't know how this would work for big necks. Position 2 should also be good enough to fight convulsions.

Partial test 3
The second position in this picture looks risky imo. If I wanted to try partial suspension nowadays, I would only use the first position in the picture bellow.
Best positions

This position is what I call "Position 2" (There's another picture with more hanging poses that I can't find right now, with 4 postions I think, the first position being full suspension, the second is the first one in this picture above), position in which the person can get enough pressure to compress the arteries by barely touching the ground with his bented legs. The second position in the picture is called "Position 3" It can be good enough to make you pass out. I wouldn't bet on it keeping me unconscious for 20 minutes though. But I've seen some videos where it worked, so I don't know. I still think that position 3 isn't 100% reliable. Play it safe. You can't take any risks. You don't want any brain damage.

Last edited:
sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
Full suspension. Maybe try to compress the arteries before kicking the chair by kneeling on it like (one leg kneels in the air) I did. It's the only method that is completely resistant to convulsions. (I've seen some "hanging" videos in the past, and the convulsions can be pretty violent for a minute or two. I don't think hanging by sitting from a doorknob will work). I do have a thin neck. I don't know how this would work for big necks.

duvy54zq
I see. How important is the hight?

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
I see. How important is the hight?
The anchor point shouldn't be too tall, if you drop from a tall anchor point it might break your neck.
It should just be tall enough for your feet to barely be suspended in the air. Maybe a few centimeters to one meter max of distance between your feet feet and the ground. I'm 6ft 1,83m tall. I tied my anchor point to something a little bit shorter than a door (doors are around 2 meters and 20+ centimeters if I remember). It don't think it matters too much, even position 2 should be good enough to fight convulsions, and in position 2 your feet are actually on the ground.

sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
I had thought of a bigger hight to make sure my neck breaks

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
I had thought of a bigger hight to make sure my neck breaks
I think it's too risky if you're not a professional.
Execution hangings are usually done very meticulously to achieve that "instant death"
There's some math involved

I can't really give you any advice on that since it's beyond my knowledge , really I barely know what it is other than
"it breaks your neck and you're dead in one second"
I can tell you if I wanted to try that method I wouldn't do it without paying someone first to make the set up for me.

sophie22German

sophie22German

Jun 18, 2022
OK I understand that. I thought of hanging from an electricity pole. I live in the mountains so I know how to climb on one and I have long enough ropes. But now I have second thoughts

Reactions: c-n
BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
Oh my gosh, my shibari ropes arrived
In theory was to practice self bondage but why lying to myself, I bought for hanging
That rope is soooo long, 10 meters / 32 feet
I don't know how Can I make a noose with that
I didn't decide to die yet but it's tempting me, surely

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I don't know if I too can switch to the shibari rope, my nautical rope would be perfect but it is very hard and painful in the neck: during a full suspension attempt it crushed me like a snake.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
The anchor point shouldn't be too tall, if you drop from a tall anchor point it might break your neck.
It should just be tall enough for your feet to barely be suspended in the air.
Can I achieve that with partial hanging in a closet bar? Or it would be better in a tree with low branch?
FYI I'm 1.48 / 4.ft woman

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
Can I achieve that with partial hanging in a closet bar? Or it would be better in a tree with low branch?
FYI I'm 1.48 / 4.ft woman
Closet bar?
Does your closet "move/wiggle"
and how do you know the closet bar is strong enough to hold your weight
I was maybe 56 kg when I tried to hang myself with mine
The closet bar is the thing you put your clothes on, right? (Sorry I'm not a native)
It bent immediately
You should always test your anchor points
Even if it can hold your weight, If it wiggles I'd still ditch it

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
If it bent immediately I'll try in a forest or something
I don't want any problem with the landlady
Anyway, my rope is long enough for full I guess, but I don't know what noose use

T

TamaTagge

May 19, 2021
Hello people.

I have question. If i go to wood alone, how to find proper tree? What should i watch. Do any tree work?

B

betternever2havbeen

Jun 19, 2022
I have some numbing cream, the sort you use for getting a tattoo, easy to buy or at least it was. Do you think this would be a good idea to use in case of the rope burning/cutting into your neck, just a thought...

Reactions: BasqueClown
anerirkateti

anerirkateti

Smells bad
Jun 21, 2022
Okay so I can find the "sweet spot" with my hands, sorta in the way that you check your pulse(thanks mayoclinic). What I don't get is how to position yourself and the loop of the rope on your neck in such a way that it compresses the carotids without restricting breathing.

While testing with a rope, I haven't been able to actually produce the same effect of hypoxia that I could with my hands. Anyone got any tips?

B

betternever2havbeen

Jun 19, 2022
@anerirkateti I can't even do it with my hands, maybe am not trying hard enough although it feels like I am. Do you have to be really strong.

What's the best way to safely test out this method so you get used to the feeling (with a rope)?