M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Okay so I can find the "sweet spot" with my hands, sorta in the way that you check your pulse(thanks mayoclinic). What I don't get is how to position yourself and the loop of the rope on your neck in such a way that it compresses the carotids without restricting breathing.

While testing with a rope, I haven't been able to actually produce the same effect of hypoxia that I could with my hands. Anyone got any tips?
The last time I attempted hanging I followed instructions I found which said to lean so you’re kind of leaning diagonally rather than pulling your body weight down. I felt like this was the closest I had gotten as I felt like although my windpipe was compressed, it wasn’t crushed to the point I couldn’t breathe.. and I felt like there was enough pressure on either side of my neck to affect the carotids. Personally I’ve never passed out or fainted ever in my life so I don’t know what it feels like or accurately how close I was to passing out but at one point I felt my fingertips tingling, my vision went a bit fuzzy and I felt a warm sensation.. but my thoughts were still racing and I kept thinking ‘oh, is this it? Is it working? I didn’t feel this before.. I think this is it’ and I worked myself up to the point of scaring myself and I backed out. I’ve only ever got that close when I’ve leaned first rather than hanged. I assume at the point of unconsciousness, the body would then drop from the leaning position into a hanging one and then.. yeah. Just my experience anyway.

anerirkateti

anerirkateti

Smells bad
Jun 21, 2022
The last time I attempted hanging I followed instructions I found which said to lean so you’re kind of leaning diagonally rather than pulling your body weight down. I felt like this was the closest I had gotten as I felt like although my windpipe was compressed, it wasn’t crushed to the point I couldn’t breathe.. and I felt like there was enough pressure on either side of my neck to affect the carotids. Personally I’ve never passed out or fainted ever in my life so I don’t know what it feels like or accurately how close I was to passing out but at one point I felt my fingertips tingling, my vision went a bit fuzzy and I felt a warm sensation.. but my thoughts were still racing and I kept thinking ‘oh, is this it? Is it working? I didn’t feel this before.. I think this is it’ and I worked myself up to the point of scaring myself and I backed out. I’ve only ever got that close when I’ve leaned first rather than hanged. I assume at the point of unconsciousness, the body would then drop from the leaning position into a hanging one and then.. yeah. Just my experience anyway.
Yeah that's my gripe with the partial suspension since it's a bit tricky to compress the carotids without crushing the windpipe. The night-night method seems like an easy solution since you are essentially simulating two big hands squeezing your neck.

As for passing out, personally whenever I stand up real quick, I start to see "tv static" in my vision while simultaneously wobbling. Never actually passed out aside from a Diphenhydramine OD, that situation I have no memory of at all except for when I took it.

Reactions: Mr. Incapable
M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Yeah that's my gripe with the partial suspension since it's a bit tricky to compress the carotids without crushing the windpipe. The night-night method seems like an easy solution since you are essentially simulating two big hands squeezing your neck.

As for passing out, personally whenever I stand up real quick, I start to see "tv static" in my vision while simultaneously wobbling. Never actually passed out aside from a Diphenhydramine OD, that situation I have no memory of at all except for when I took it.
I should’ve mentioned that the instructions I followed said to place the ligature below the Adam’s apple (so between the Adam’s apple and base of the neck) and this avoids crushing the windpipe as opposed to when placing the ligature above the Adam’s apple / below the jaw. While I agree with the instructions I found, I didn’t feel crushed, only compressed, I did wonder how effective it was hitting my carotids because I didn’t know if the ligature was then below the ‘sweet spot’ of the arteries or not.

I agree with you that the night-night method sounds easier in theory, I suppose it’s the same or similar as ligature strangulation (I recently saw a story about an American girl who committed suicide in her car via ligature strangulation). My only insecurity is if something was to go wrong like the ligature becoming loose as it’s not anchored or tied to something. I keep trying to remind myself that hanging is possible and the only reason I’m failing is because of me and not the method itself.. It’s probably due to me not pushing hard enough or not doing more to make it work as so many people globally, every year are able to succeed with it.. young, old, men, women, abled and disabled.. there doesn’t seem to be any limitations on who can do it.. just who is brave enough to endure a few uncomfortable moments. That’s what I try to remind myself anyway because I need to get this to work, and soon!

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
is there a way to limit severe neck pain during full suspension?
and if I lose consciousness is death assured?

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
Is a slipknot enough to hold my weight in full suspension from q tree?
My rope is shibari/bondage one 10 meters long but doesn't say anything about weight limit
I'm 48 kg

Reactions: Worndown
NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
My full suspension technique made it painless to me when I attempted
I've posted a picture on this thread on how to do it (second page)

But I have no idea if the technique can work on your body too,
you'll just have to test it I guess

(I don't know what full suspension feels like. My body left the chair after I was already unconscious)

Yes death is assured (If nobody saves you)
But your rope and anchor point should be able to survive your bodyweight and the convulsions (they last for a few minutes
after you pass out. Your hands and legs will start moving as your brain is trying to save you)

Full suspension puts so much pressure on your neck that the convulsions literally can't do nothing about it (other than untie your rope or break your anchor point, which is what happened to me).
In partial suspension many people wake up because the convulsions loosen the pressure on the neck

Let's say you use partial suspension and you hang yourself by kneeling
Guess what happens next? Your legs will move after you pass out, and that screws up your position, which screws up the pressure on your neck.
I've seen videos where people have successfully died by partially hanging themselves, but it's still risky.
Being suspended in the air by a few centimeters, maybe a meter should be good enough to remove that risk.

You should just make sure that you don't drop from more than a meter (the less distance between your feet and the air, the better actually)
a long drop will fracture the bones in your neck

If you do test it, be careful "my test" was that failed attempt actually (I didn't want to die)
don't stay in the dizzy feeling for more than 3 seconds, or it'll be too late

edit*

I've seen some suicide by hanging pictures where some people tied their hands,
but I have no idea what the point of it is
I do know that your hands will make "weird" movements after you're unconscious

Actually screw that picture on my thread,
I made another one
Young fired businessman standing on chair and trying to hang himself J3G3Y2

This how my experience felt (it started as a partial suspension, then after I was out my body was no longer on the chair)
Sanctioned suicide

Last edited:
M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Being suspended in the air by a few centimeters, maybe a meter should be good enough to remove that risk.
I believe this definitely makes partial a more successful method for sure - the buttocks raised at least a metre from the ground because convulsions or movement of the legs seems less likely to move, hold or support the body against the full unconscious weight of the main upper body. The unconscious weight will always be heavier and harder to move than an unconscious convulsion, in my opinion.

It’s no doubt that full suspension will always be more lethal, but I’ve looked at many different statistics online and the majority seem to note that partial hangings were more common than full suspensions - I’m sure this probably differs country by country though. For example I’ve seen two specific studies from India and full suspension seems most common there - one study of suicides resulting in death saw 80% of the subjects do full suspension, and a second study of attempted suicides resulting in hospital admission saw 80% of the subjects partially suspended (although it didn’t specify the circumstances of how they were discovered, if they did it while they weren’t home alone, if the ligature broke etc). I live in the U.K and I’m 6ft tall but there isn’t a room I would be able to fully suspend from without my feet touching the ground once you’ve considered how much rope there would be between the anchor and after it’s tightened around the neck. At least for someone my height, the ceilings and door frames just aren’t tall enough. The only possible way I could fully suspend at home would be to open the attic and tie my ligature to one of the roof beams. I assume some people would be able to fully suspend from a stair beam / rail if they have them, but how common that would be I’m uncertain. The majority of U.K hangings seem to be done at home, followed by wooded areas or parks so I would also assume most of those were partially done, too. It’s difficult to say for certain as these specific studies on suicides, that are accessible online, are few and far in between so a lot of the information needs to be or can be inferred from other reports. I like to look at individual cases because you’re able to get a lot more background information about the circumstances surrounded the death, what led up to it, where and how it occurred. I’ve read a lot of these on judiciary.uk (you can search suicide in the search bar and click on the link for Suicides since 2015). While many cases on there will note ‘Suspension by neck / by ligature’, it rarely specifies whether it was full or partial suspension, but it does occasionally use language which indicates the method, for example, ‘discovered slumped on the floor’. Unfortunately, these days they block out and censor a lot of information. I don’t know if they caught wind that people with suicidal ideation had been accessing, reading and potentially becoming influenced by the reports, but many of the older reports are uncensored.

I plan to leave by partial hanging but I intend for my knees to be raised from the ground. I have a set up in my closet which is not tall enough for me to stand under the bar, but tall enough for my buttocks and knees to be raised off the ground. I don’t believe the convulsions would be strong enough to manipulate my body in a way that would support my unconscious weight and prevent me from dying. My bar is a solid piece of metal so it’s unlikely to bend and it’s fixed quite strong to the wall. As a precaution I did cut some wooden beams to go underneath each end of the bar just to give it additional support. I just need the courage now.

Last edited:
NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
I believe this definitely makes partial a more successful method for sure - the buttocks raised at least a metre from the ground because convulsions or movement of the legs seems less likely to move, hold or support the body against the full unconscious weight of the main upper body. The unconscious weight will always be heavier and harder to move than an unconscious convulsion, in my opinion.

It’s no doubt that full suspension will always be more lethal, but I’ve looked at many different statistics online and the majority seem to note that partial hangings were more common than full suspensions - I’m sure this probably differs country by country though. For example I’ve seen two specific studies from India and full suspension seems most common there - one study of suicides resulting in death saw 80% of the subjects do full suspension, and a second study of attempted suicides resulting in hospital admission saw 80% of the subjects partially suspended (although it didn’t specify the circumstances of how they were discovered, if they did it while they weren’t home alone, if the ligature broke etc). I live in the U.K and I’m 6ft tall but there isn’t a room I would be able to fully suspend from without my feet touching the ground once you’ve considered how much rope there would be between the anchor and after it’s tightened around the neck. At least for someone my height, the ceilings and door frames just aren’t tall enough. The only possible way I could fully suspend at home would be to open the attic and tie my ligature to one of the roof beams. I assume some people would be able to fully suspend from a stair beam / rail if they have them, but how common that would be I’m uncertain. The majority of U.K hangings seem to be done at home, followed by wooded areas or parks so I would also assume most of those were partially done, too. It’s difficult to say for certain as these specific studies on suicides, that are accessible online, are few and far in between so a lot of the information needs to be or can be inferred from other reports. I like to look at individual cases because you’re able to get a lot more background information about the circumstances surrounded the death, what led up to it, where and how it occurred. I’ve read a lot of these on judiciary.uk (you can search suicide in the search bar and click on the link for Suicides since 2015). While many cases on there will note ‘Suspension by neck / by ligature’, it rarely specifies whether it was full or partial suspension, but it does occasionally use language which indicates the method, for example, ‘discovered slumped on the floor’. Unfortunately, these days they block out and censor a lot of information. I don’t know if they caught wind that people with suicidal ideation had been accessing, reading and potentially becoming influenced by the reports, but many of the older reports are uncensored.

I plan to leave by partial hanging but I intend for my knees to be raised from the ground. I have a set up in my closet which is not tall enough for me to stand under the bar, but tall enough for my buttocks and knees to be raised off the ground. I don’t believe the convulsions would be strong enough to manipulate my body in a way that would support my unconscious weight and prevent me from dying. My bar is a solid piece of metal so it’s unlikely to bend and it’s fixed quite strong to the wall. As a precaution I did cut some wooden beams to go underneath each end of the bar just to give it additional support. I just need the courage now.
Well I guess it depends on how much constant pressure there's on your neck when you're out.
I think two or three people told me that their partial suspension failed because of that,
but only one (from what I can remember) actually told me the exact position he used to hang himself

He was hanging himself with his knees on the ground from a door, something like a muslim prayer Istockphoto 1001021150 612x612

I know the convulsions can make your body trash around for more or less than 2 minutes ,
but I don't actually know if they're so bad to screw up even position 2 and 3

position 3 is what you're planning to use, right? The feet on the floor but butt and legs in the air position? I think I've used it once,
I was able to get the "dizzy feeling" immediately after rapidly and fully sliding on the floor

Position 3
position 1 on the left is full suspension

Last edited:
M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Well I guess it depends on how much constant pressure there's on your neck when you're out.
I think two or three people told me that their partial suspension failed because of that,
but only one (from what I can remember) actually told me the exact position he used to hang himself

He was hanging himself with his knees on the ground from a door, something like a muslim prayer View attachment 94651
View attachment 94652

I know the convulsions can make your body trash around for more or less than 2 minutes ,
but I don't actually know if they're so bad to screw up even position 2 and 3

position 3 is what you're planning to use, right? The feet on the floor but butt and legs in the air position?

View attachment 94653
position 1 on the left is full suspension
I think there should be more than enough constant pressure on the neck as it only takes around 11lbs of pressure to constrict the carotid arteries and after unconsciousness has occurred and the body has gone limp with it’s full suspended weight I think it would be unlikely or difficult for a convulsion to move or support the body in a way that would remove that much pressure, especially when asphyxia would also be in function after unconsciousness and the full weight has tightened the ligature. (I’m speaking for pos 2 and 3 partial than pos 4). I think I’m likely going to somewhere between pos 2 and 3. Maybe I’ll start more closely to 2 and if I’m able to stretch or kick my legs out before unconsciousness I’ll do that? Not sure yet

Edit: I forgot to mention I sometimes struggle to believe people post accurate or true information regarding their attempts. I know many are likely real experiences, but also many seem like exaggeration or fear mongering

NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
I think there should be more than enough constant pressure on the neck as it only takes around 11lbs of pressure to constrict the carotid arteries and after unconsciousness has occurred and the body has gone limp with it’s full suspended weight I think it would be unlikely or difficult for a convulsion to move or support the body in a way that would remove that much pressure, especially when asphyxia would also be in function after unconsciousness and the full weight has tightened the ligature. (I’m speaking for pos 2 and 3 partial than pos 4). I think I’m likely going to somewhere between pos 2 and 3. Maybe I’ll start more closely to 2 and if I’m able to stretch or kick my legs out before unconsciousness I’ll do that? Not sure yet

Edit: I forgot to mention I sometimes struggle to believe people post accurate or true information regarding their attempts. I know many are likely real experiences, but also many seem like exaggeration or fear mongering
Mm. I have an odd question
What do you think happens if you succeed? (lol)
I just want you to visualize the fact that in my failed experience of 4 minutes
I literally teleported on the floor one blink after the 7second mark of the dizzy feeling

That means there will be an infinite amount of years that will pass in the universe
after you hang yourself, and if you were to wake up, the infinite years to you
will happen one second after you've hanged yourself
Just like my four minutes didn't exist to me, I just blinked and I was on the floor

Do you fear that there might be an afterlife?
The fear of one has been one of the reasons why I decided to not attempt anymore,
unless I have no other choice (I'll be homeless the next day if I don't kick the chair or something)
that 0.0000...1% chance that something will recreate my consciousness or brain
after my death gives a certain feeling of uneasiness (who would want to reincarnate as a "stupid mice", or some other living being on some planet living a harsh life, full of physical and emotional pain/discomfort)

I think life is a fucking lottery
I'm not the guy being burned alive by his tribe members in africa, because I got lucky
and I happened to be in this one brain, that lives in europe instead of africa
I don't get the luxury of not being burned alive because I deserve it, it was just given to me by mere circumstance
so if there is an afterlife it could be as random as earthly life
I could lose the bet the next time I respawn

Patterns usually tend to repeat themselves, and I think consciousness is just the function of a pattern, I don't think it's inconceivable
that your theater of my mind could happen again

I made a thread about it (it's kind of dead now, the guy that I was arguing with chose not to respond to my arguments anymore)

Last edited:
M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Mm. I have an odd question
What do you think happens if you succeed? (lol)
I just want you to visualize the fact that in my failed experience of 4 minutes
I literally teleported on the floor one blink after the 7second mark of the dizzy feeling

That means there will be an infinite amount of years that will pass in the universe
after you hang yourself, and if you were to wake up, the infinite years to you
will happen one second after you've hanged yourself
Just like my four minutes didn't exist to me, I just blinked and I was on the floor

Do you fear that there might be an afterlife?
The fear of one has been one of the reasons why I decided to not attempt anymore,
unless I have no other choice (I'll be homeless the next day if I don't kick the chair or something)
that 0.0000...1% chance that something will recreate my consciousness or brain
after my death gives a certain feeling of uneasiness (who would want to reincarnate as a "stupid mice", or some other living being on some planet living a harsh life, full of physical and emotional pain/discomfort)

I made a thread about it (it's kind of dead now, the guy that I was arguing with chose not to respond to my arguments anymore)

So what was the logical reason for you to end up on the floor? I assume your anchor or ligature must’ve broke because it doesn’t seem possible to be on the floor by any other way?

Afterlife? Honestly, I don’t have a hard belief in anything and I’m fine with that. At the end of the day we will all reach the point of death sooner or later so it doesn’t warrant much thought or concern for me. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. If you ask what I would like to happen, absolutely I would like to be reborn again and have another chance to try to live life better and more fulfilling-ly.. but I wouldn’t say I believe that rebirth exists because I don’t know or have a solid belief in anything that doesn’t have evidence to support it..

The main fear I have when it comes to attempting is the innate survival instinct that often overwhelms us, the fear that comes with having to suffer or struggle in those final moments even though it’s short and temporary, and also just feeling sad and guilty that suicide is truly my only option when I wish I could’ve lived better. I can see and recognise all the wonderful things there are in life and I wish I could’ve had the confidence, motivation, passion and level of happiness to explore and experience that great things or things that peak my curiosity.. even though I know I’ll never be able to do those things because I’m limited and overwhelmed by my own innate sadness, anxiety and depression, it still makes it hard to let go. I don’t have the self motivation, will or passion to try anymore. It’s been 12 years since my first serious suicide attempt and after then I promised to try to live before I make the decision to die and I’m exhausted now.. but it’s still so hard to let go even though I’m so desperate to

Reactions: Never lived
NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
So what was the logical reason for you to end up on the floor? I assume your anchor or ligature must’ve broke because it doesn’t seem possible to be on the floor by any other way?

Afterlife? Honestly, I don’t have a hard belief in anything and I’m fine with that. At the end of the day we will all reach the point of death sooner or later so it doesn’t warrant much thought or concern for me. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. If you ask what I would like to happen, absolutely I would like to be reborn again and have another chance to try to live life better and more fulfilling-ly.. but I wouldn’t say I believe that rebirth exists because I don’t know or have a solid belief in anything that doesn’t have evidence to support it..

The main fear I have when it comes to attempting is the innate survival instinct that often overwhelms us, the fear that comes with having to suffer or struggle in those final moments even though it’s short and temporary, and also just feeling sad and guilty that suicide is truly my only option when I wish I could’ve lived better. I can see and recognise all the wonderful things there are in life and I wish I could’ve had the confidence, motivation, passion and level of happiness to explore and experience that great things or things that peak my curiosity.. even though I know I’ll never be able to do those things because I’m limited and overwhelmed by my own innate sadness, anxiety and depression, it still makes it hard to let go. I don’t have the self motivation, will or passion to try anymore. It’s been 12 years since my first serious suicide attempt and after then I promised to try to live before I make the decision to die and I’m exhausted now.. but it’s still so hard to let go even though I’m so desperate to
Anchor did

that's pretty much the only reason why I'm here
(with an ugly stammer too)

M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Anchor did

that's pretty much the only reason why I'm here
(with an ugly stammer too)
That’s one of my biggest anxieties with hanging, and that’s why I placed solid wood supports underneath my bar anchor to give myself the best chance of succeeding. Failing after unconsciousness cannot be an option for me because I don’t want to be disabled or end up in a hospital, under constant supervision or becoming a burden on my family since they’re not currently aware of the severity of my mental health

M

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
I was reading about some suicides today and one ligature I kept seeing repeatedly was elastic bands. I was a little confused wondering what kind of elastic band.. why an elastic band of all things.. how long is it.. is it even secure or strong.. so I googled it and it’s like resistance band for exercising! Well, coincidentally I actually have a bunch of the exact same kind elastic bands detailed in these cases and I had seen from police or forensic photography in a box hidden away in a cupboard at home. So I wanted to test it. I pulled one out, anchored it, wrapped it around my neck then tightened it, and I cannot fathom how much more of a comfortable experience that felt for me. I’ve tried previous ligature likes belts, scarfs, torn bedsheets, cables, rope and I found all of those to have some level of discomfort like it was pinching or digging into my skin.. sure, CTB by one of those would only be temporary pain and it wasn’t unbearable pain either but the elastic band feels really good and really strong. It was compressing my airways enough without fully choking me - probably because there’s some stretch to it so I could still breathe - but it was tight enough that the sides of my neck had a lot of constriction to the point I know this could affect my carotids. I could feel it almost immediately. I think because it’s a resistance elastic, the material naturally tightens itself as it wants to pull back to its original form. Very glad I found that information, even more glad I already have these bands at home. Can’t wait til Wednesday to try it for real.

LeavingEarly

LeavingEarly

Student
Mar 19, 2022
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
You can use a neck tie? So just a neck tie tied to some rope and around the horizontal pole in your closet?

Worndown

Worndown

Enlightened
Mar 21, 2019
Use a large enough rope.
A larger rope will make it more comfortable. If you pass out during full, you will die.

Last edited:
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Experienced
Aug 28, 2021
it might be uncomfortable.
I've never tried full suspension.I have no idea how it would feel. The only thing I know is that your whole body will press on your neck with full.
I did a partial that became a full when I was already unconscious.
It's all I can tell you know.
and obviously the biggest disadvantage is that you can't change your mind. I changed my mind, but the dizziness didn't care about my opinion.

In my opinion the biggest adventage of full suspension is that you cannot change your mind. I know that I don´t have the willpower for partial hanging.

H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
What about hanging from a fixed ladder? I'm trying to find a way to do full hanging with the possibility of backing out. Hanging from a ladder would allow me to step on it and climb up if I change my mind, especially if I botch it and would otherwise end up hanging for an extended period without being able to pass out.

Chair, stool or such next to the hanging spot has the risk I end up toppling it over. There could be a solution to fix the chair into the ground as well.

Last edited:
S

SeekingPeace2000

May 8, 2020
Could a pullup bar like this be efficient as a anchor point setup? Or is it too risky? It isn´t drilled into the wall

Attachments

• CDD59A1E-DB0D-417C-9280-1212CB945AAC.jpeg
    CDD59A1E-DB0D-417C-9280-1212CB945AAC.jpeg
    746.9 KB · Views: 0
Worndown

Worndown

Enlightened
Mar 21, 2019
Most people pass out quickly with full. Unless your SI got you to back out almost immediately, stepping on the ladder to escape is unlikely. It all is secure and no rescuer us about, it is a one and done situation.
Yes it is. I was thinking in case I started trembling when I am hanging. Is there a high possibility of that happening?
Grab the bar so it supports your full weight and wiggle around a lot. If it holds you are good to go.

Reactions: SeekingPeace2000
Never lived

Never lived

my brain is broken
Jul 1, 2022
First post, and potentially dumb question but - what is it supposed to feel like when you know you're constricting your carotid arteries, or can it differ between people?
trying to desensitize myself to the whole process of partial hanging to overcome SI, while doing it just makes my entire face feel extremely pressurized
didn't do it for more than 10 seconds and didn't pass out in the slightest or anything, though I've never before actually passed out for any reason in my entire life, so I'm not sure if I'll know when I'm doing it right or not

Reactions: clown
NoLifeNoPain

NoLifeNoPain

Dinosaur
Jun 17, 2018
First post, and potentially dumb question but - what is it supposed to feel like when you know you're constricting your carotid arteries, or can it differ between people?
trying to desensitize myself to the whole process of partial hanging to overcome SI, while doing it just makes my entire face feel extremely pressurized
didn't do it for more than 10 seconds and didn't pass out in the slightest or anything, though I've never before actually passed out for any reason in my entire life, so I'm not sure if I'll know when I'm doing it right or not
It's like vertigo and euphoria combined
you won't miss it when you feel it for the first time
it's something you've never felt before
it feels good and bad at the same time
I don't know how to explain it in words

It will be like the first time you masturbated
you didn't miss that one, and you won't miss this one either

I've felt this feeling at least 50 times
loved it every single time

Last edited:
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Experienced
Aug 28, 2021
Is a slipknot enough to hold my weight in full suspension from q tree?
My rope is shibari/bondage one 10 meters long but doesn't say anything about weight limit
I'm 48 kg

I will test my complete setup, rope, knot, branch, etc as follows: Put something like a broomstick instead of your neck in the noose, grab the stick with both hands, make some chin ups and swing around. This way you test also whether the noose is high enough for full suspension, your feet have to be off the ground when you are at the highest position of your chin up.

If you are not sure whether your rope takes your weight you can use a double rope.

Last edited:
H

HopefulButPrepared

Jun 22, 2022

im planning on adding diphen to my 'passive hanging' method, so that's good to know - basically take a lot of sedating shit after putting noose around my neck, and wait for the inevitable fall

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Experienced
Aug 28, 2021

If your entire face feels extremely pressurized the pressure to your neck is not high enough to constrict your carotid arteries, only your jugular veins are constricted a little but not completely otherwise you will pass out within 10 seconds.

If you want to know how it feels to pass out throw the free end of the rope over a branch and hold it with your hands and than lift your legs until you hang free. When you pass out you will fall on the ground which should be as soft as possible. The pressure to your neck is in the range of partial hanging because your hands take about half of your wight.

In any case it is important that you never fix the free end of the rope unless you really want to die. If your carotids are constricted completely unconsciousness comes without warning, many auto-erotic deaths should be a warning.

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
If you are not sure whether your rope takes your weight you can use a double rope.
In any case I'll test first partial. If I don't pass out with that, I plan to setup the rope to full suspension, test like you suggest, then going up to the tree, put the noose in my neck. I'm considering to take some sleeping pills to be drowsy or near sleep and then jump
I hope no one pass in that forest in that night

H

HopefulButPrepared

Jun 22, 2022
why is anyone going with partial, when a sedated full would definitely kill you with only half the consciousness? I don't understand this obsession with getting partial right, when you could get into a position for a full, then drink or take something extremely sedating, and then fall, and you're done

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Circusless clown
Jun 9, 2022
why is anyone going with partial, when a sedated full would definitely kill you with only half the consciousness? I don't understand this obsession with getting partial right, when you could get into a position for a full, then drink or take something extremely sedating, and then fall, and you're done
I think media has the reason of this popularity. Since some celebrities achieved their deaths with that method, why not us? But I'm pro full too.