• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Born in sin
I havent had suicidal thoughts for a few days now. And I've been taking lithium for like a week. Also when I feel happy it doesn't turn into a manic episode either.
The only downside is that sometimes I have pain in my finger or heart/sides, also it feels like my organs like expand inside my body sometimes? Idk how to explain

I take a low dose but this genuinely seems to work. Do you have an experience with lithium?

Celerity

Celerity

Living life at a crossroads, always
I do not have experience taking it. I’m glad it’s working well for you. Have you told your doctor about these side effects? Are they monitoring your blood work?

Reactions: mentalhealthfighter
mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Born in sin
Celerity said:
I do not have experience taking it. I’m glad it’s working well for you. Have you told your doctor about these side effects? Are they monitoring your blood work?
Not yet. But yes they are checking my blood soon