• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

D

Depressed Cat

Experienced
Jan 4, 2022
I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering. Have you tried therapy?

• Informative
Reactions: L$D
threesummers

threesummers

Enlightened
Nov 4, 2020
I am unable to function because the smallest things trigger my anxiety and self loathing. I don't know how to handle this at all.

If anyone has any suggestions or book recommendations they would be much appreciated.
You could try marijuana or opioids/heroin and see if that helps.

T

timf

Wizard
Mar 26, 2020
The situation you describe sounds difficult. Usually for anxiety, time alone can be beneficial. However, this may be the time when self-loathing becomes predominant.

Some visualization exercises could be beneficial. For example if a self-loathing thought arises, you might picture yourself as a referee and make the call if the thought is actually true or a distortion of truth. Seeing yourself as the critical assessor and jusge can help to restore a sense of control.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes I'm exactly the same

I

InezSerrano

Student
Dec 3, 2021
I was like this and anti anxiety medication (buspirone) helped a lot. Like I used to be anxious 24/7 and now its only when I leave the house.

freemindnsoul

freemindnsoul

Wizard
Sep 29, 2021
Are there any natural stuff that can calm you down like listening to music, drinking non-alcohol drinks like soda or tea, going outdoors, playing some games, or doing exercises like yoga and Pilates?

If you are not comfortable with substance/addictive medication, ask your doctor to prescribe non substance medication. There are few available.

Good luck!