Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

-
Jan 4, 2022
I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering. Have you tried therapy?

• Informative
Reactions: sundress
threesummers

threesummers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I am unable to function because the smallest things trigger my anxiety and self loathing. I don't know how to handle this at all.

If anyone has any suggestions or book recommendations they would be much appreciated.
You could try marijuana or opioids/heroin and see if that helps.

T

timf

Warlock
Mar 26, 2020
The situation you describe sounds difficult. Usually for anxiety, time alone can be beneficial. However, this may be the time when self-loathing becomes predominant.

Some visualization exercises could be beneficial. For example if a self-loathing thought arises, you might picture yourself as a referee and make the call if the thought is actually true or a distortion of truth. Seeing yourself as the critical assessor and jusge can help to restore a sense of control.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes I'm exactly the same

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
I was like this and anti anxiety medication (buspirone) helped a lot. Like I used to be anxious 24/7 and now its only when I leave the house.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Are there any natural stuff that can calm you down like listening to music, drinking non-alcohol drinks like soda or tea, going outdoors, playing some games, or doing exercises like yoga and Pilates?

If you are not comfortable with substance/addictive medication, ask your doctor to prescribe non substance medication. There are few available.

Good luck!