• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

darkfoxgirl

darkfoxgirl

nothing is left
why is it called suicide? like if a guy is dancing too close to the edge of a building and falls off and dies that's not suicide. so why is it different with self harm? maybe I just don't know anything. correct me if I'm wrong

hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
How can you tell if someone killed themselves accidentally while engaging in SH or if they did it on purpose?

Reactions: reversenightmare
darkfoxgirl

darkfoxgirl

nothing is left
hotelbeneathground said:
How can you tell if someone killed themselves accidentally while engaging in SH or if they did it on purpose?
I suppose I didn't think of that. '-'

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Experienced
From pictures I have seen of self-harm/cutting it doesn't appear to cross the line to fatal. Perhaps an infection could happen to lead to bad shit...I don't know. Do you know of any people this has happened to?

Cutting is so bad. I understand people do it and feel some kind of relief from it, but I think the aftermath...the scars aren't worth it. Take care whatever happens.

reversenightmare

reversenightmare

Call it Eternity
I very much doubt someone could kill themselves from self harming without having the intention to, or at least knowing it could happen but just not caring/having the urge to do it so badly that they can’t help it. It’s not the same as a drug overdose. To me, that’s suicide. They did, for a moment, not care enough about dying that they caused their own death. How is that not suicide?