• Hey Visitor,

In light of recent events, all community members in the US should reach out to their representative in regards to the Stop Online Suicide Assistance Forums Act that has been introduced in congress. This bill, if passed, could criminalize this community and hold it liable for simply hosting information.

You should be able to locate and contact your represenative by going to this website. You can also contact Lori Trahan, the one spearheading this bill by calling her office at (202) 225-3411 or by leaving a message on the contact form on her site.

One of the best ways to combat this is to make your voice heard. We're not political activists, but we made this notice to let you know that you do have a voice and that you do have representives that represent you in congress.
Nemiik

Nemiik

May 11, 2018
I almost always suffix my sentences with something along those lines almost always for that reason too.

I can never be sure, because everyone in my life always wants to remind me that I'm inferior and dumber than them, so I can't be right about anything. ( even when I am... or if it's just common sense. they always doubt me or refuse to listen then go and do/find out abt what I said, acting as if I never said it )

ugh.

AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
I’m never assertive when I’m talking and I have zero confidence when I speak.
And I hate myself for it.

Xxx I think....
I think maybe xxxx.
I guess xxxxx maybe.
Xxxx or something.

Or just don’t say anything at all because I feel that other people will just gaslight me or be condescending by making me think that I’m always wrong.
I just feel that no one is going to respect my opinion and it doesn’t matter. I fear that they will make me feel bad and I feel bad for my inability to be more assertive and be more confident.

I think it’s adds to my social anxiety and it is one of the reasons why I avoid interacting with people.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I prefer to confine myself to topics where I can afford to use technical terms at least 30% of the time. However, due to my lowered defenses on this site, I often branch out into the arcane art of 'conversation' much more than anywhere in the real world, without really abandoning the habit of formulating my sentences like a deductive argument. Hence, my statements often begin with a prefix of some sort, and are composed of multiple clauses joined together to form a logical flow of thought. That's not always the case, though.

I do have the infuriating tendency of starting out my sentences with a convoluted wording pattern, often leading to a situation where. I often end up having to rewrite my sentences because I ended up using a convoluted word pattern that made the clauses too indirect to be readable.

EDIT: I'm never sure about what I've said, so I often go back and change it. Repeatedly.

Last edited: