• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
74
Yes, I've seen this on many occasions, I just didn't know a word for it. I sometimes think I will use this when all the professionals think they have things in hand.
If only they could have watched this life-saving video...


Oh, Jesus Christ! I, for one, am not a type-A personality. Acknowledge my energy.
 
Last edited:
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
572
I was actually thinking if there's any connection or resemblance between dysexistential syndrome and autism.. i couldn't find anything about the 2 coexisting ...
 
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
139
The only time I have seen this work is after my mother had a massive heart attack and refused treatment... she was old and was only sticking around for me. She refused needles and testing and then she then told me she would let me decide if they were to put her in a medically induced coma and intubate her or to put her on Comfort Care. 10 minutes later she passed in my arms after I told her it was ok to go and that I was there for her.
 
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Arcanist
Aug 5, 2021
428
"[H2]Those with dysexistential syndrome can literally will themselves to die. Medicine is just starting to understand[/H2]"
What this article is saying sounds moronic.
Yes, I've seen this on many occasions, I just didn't know a word for it. I sometimes think I will use this when all the professionals think they have things in hand.
You saw people just turn off and die on the spot? In what situation, if I may ask?
 
Wrennie

Wrennie

Latent Corpse 💀
Dec 18, 2019
1,339
Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
74
What this article is saying sounds moronic.

You saw people just turn off and die on the spot? In what situation, if I may ask?
Well, it's not quite right on the spot. I've seen people go along in life just fine, get a diagnosis, and be gone inside of 30 days. In a more indirect way, I've also seen people like my own mother (and many animals as well) develop fatal diseases right after some kind of trauma as if an excuse may be needed -or- it could be how they achieve death when they can't handle the pain the trauma created like a spouse or other family member dying.
As far as on the spot willing themselves to die, I haven't seen that.
 
Jaded Pear

Jaded Pear

Pear
Sep 23, 2021
26
There are people out there that can think themselves to death...
I can't even hang myself to death. I used my will and a noose and it wasn't enough. Guess I'm only using 10% of my brain of something and I need to use the other 90% to be able to kill myself through thought.

Article was genuinely interesting, wish they had a little guide on it or maybe an add on the side: "Follow these steps to think yourself to death. Dcotors hate him".
 
T

TooConscious

Elementalist
Sep 16, 2020
837
This is an incredibly interesting and close to my heart topic I have alot of thoughts on so am posting so I don't lose the thread and forgetto respond.
 
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
361
I do believe psychogenic death is real judging from the accounts of articles and to relatives too. My grandfather passed a few months ago a few days after he wished to see everyone in the family. One thing I find common in most of these is that it happens when a longing/request is granted or acceptance of everything(Though there are articles too such as those who were stuck in prison camps that just willed themselves to death). That must be the key to happiness I mean peace! 😁