I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Photos:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ml#photos;aggregationId=&albumid=101&filter=7

It has a low rail, no police duty, a 565 foot drop (7th highest in the U.S.) and no suicide barrier.

I don't see any chance of surviving a fall from this bridge.

I haven't gone through the list of other highest bridges in the U.S., but I wonder if any others compare well in terms of suicidability.

rio-grande-gorge-bridge.jpg

Props to @chronicpainnomore for yet another great idea, second only to his hypoxia shopping list.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
If you don't mind a little bit of bouncing around, the Sandia Crest is also a good location in NM. Tourists die there all the damn time. Try to do selfie stuff and its a real bad drop.

Reactions: mattwitt
I

i187914

May 24, 2018
@DeadInside It's more than just the problem of bouncing around. When you fall from a cliff like Sandia you don't fall directly down and there's a chance your body will get impaled on a rock that is jutting out lower down - maybe not far enough lower down that you will be dead. So you might slowly bleed to death or you might just linger in pain and lose a leg, an eye and/or break your spine from impact. I'm sure some people get 'lucky' and die directly but a bridge is less risky. A direct fall from a great height onto a hard surface is the best way if you have the nerve for this approach (big 'if' for most people, including me).

The nice thing about Rio Grande Gorge bridge is you could hang out up there as a sightseer for a while with a flask of alcohol (a flask to hide the alcohol in case police happen to come by and pick on you). Once you're liquored up enough, you make a beeline for the railing and there's nothing between you and the rocks 600 feet down.

Last edited:
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
True. It’s not perfect .... hell probably just be faster to go into the south valley and cause some trouble.... be dead in just a few lol.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
True. It’s not perfect .... hell probably just be faster to go into the south valley and cause some trouble.... be dead in just a few lol.

:) Also not my preferred route.

For me it's either nitrogen or jumping off a bridge. If they sold nembutal OTC at my local pharmacy, that would obviously be my first choice since it's basically the perfect peaceful death. But, barring that, I'm not going to roll the dice on it since nitrogen is just as peaceful when you get past the logistical issues. And jumping from a height is the least complicated but hardly peaceful before or during even if you're drunk or high.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I would prefer the pill route myself. No heights or jumping for me ... which means I will probably accidentally fall to my death some random time.
No luck wondering drunk in bad neighborhoods either : (

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I really wanna jump. That is my preferred method. I live in NYC so there's lots of high bridges. Anyone else interested in this method? I wanna feel like I'm flying for a few seconds.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
It really is. Walking over it is no fun. Think they have a roller coaster with it too : ) for those who like that kind of thing.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I really wanna jump. That is my preferred method. I live in NYC so there's lots of high bridges. Anyone else interested in this method? I wanna feel like I'm flying for a few seconds.
I am scared of that method for sure. I would have to be pushed.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
If you take up skydiving you could get a lot more than just a few seconds.

Reactions: Dead_Inside
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I am absolutely done with life. I always knew in the back of my mind that I would jump one day.
Well there's more options nowadays... Before it was like jumping, slitting wrists, hanging, guns, drowning in bathtub, toaster in bathtub, and trains were the only options people thought they had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead_Inside