• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Few months ago my mom took her out but she was still ours and lived in our backyard. I play with her and feed her and her kitten ( who died last week) daily. I was searching for today, I came back from work earlier and just wanted to hold her. I really really wanted to see her more than usual. My brother tells me a car ran over her. I don't know how to feel. It's too surreal. I felt closest to my pets than actual humans.

I love you so much, I think you knew that. I hope you're at peace. You were such a sweet furry cat. Can't believe you're gone. Can't believe you won't be running towards me as soon as I open the backyard door just to cuddle.

I need a hug more than ever. I still can't believe this

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
*major hugs and squeezes*

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Losing pets is hard... devastating doesn’t cover it. It’s also difficult when it’s sudden. You gave your cat a good life, a much better life than she would have had otherwise.

DeathBecomesMe

DeathBecomesMe

Student
Sep 9, 2018
I've lost many people, but losing a cherished pet is so much harder. For me, the only thing it can be compared to is losing a child. And I'd say that's the toughest thing life can throw at you.

Its sad but il never own a pet again although I would have loved to, but I'd rather not have to deal with the heartbreak of loss.

Sorry to hear about your kitty! Many hugs.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
Few months ago my mom took her out but she was still ours and lived in our backyard. I play with her and feed her and her kitten ( who died last week) daily. I was searching for today, I came back from work earlier and just wanted to hold her. I really really wanted to see her more than usual. My brother tells me a car ran over her. I don't know how to feel. It's too surreal. I felt closest to my pets than actual humans.

I love you so much, I think you knew that. I hope you're at peace. You were such a sweet furry cat. Can't believe you're gone. Can't believe you won't be running towards me as soon as I open the backyard door just to cuddle.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(
Losing a pet is terrible. I love animals but I don't currently have a pet. Given where my mental state is …
I hope I won't be here too much longer... but then I've been thinking that for years. :(

onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
I'm really sorry. I know how much it can hurt to lose a cat. Mine is getting old and I worry about him all the time.

Hugs

T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Sorry for your loss. My cat was hit by a car as well. She used to sleep on my chest every night, would always come running when I called her into my room before bed no matter where in the house she was. Kept me going through hellish times. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Thank you very much. Sorry for yours:(. Yeah when she lived in our house she'd literally sleep with me every night. She was also there for me in bad times , idk it's like she could sense it. I thought my heart couldnt break any further but I guess it can

T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Thank you everyone for your kind words and (virtual) hugs. They help more than you can imagine. I haven't been in this forum for long but already really love it. Such kind thoughtful groups of people. I hope you all find peace or an end to your suffering one way or another

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

So sorry, hugs sent your way x