• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
We're looking for new moderators for the site.

Ideally users who:

- Are active on the site, and expect to be active in the foreseeable future.
- Have discord, and use it at least somewhat regularly.
- Are committed to helping the community.
- Have been on the site for at least 4 months, and have at least 100 posts.

If you'd like to apply, please post below why you'd be interested in becoming a mod.

Thank you!

Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

The only thing humans are equal in is death
I would be interested in helping out. I have been here for a little under four months, so I understand if that disqualifies me. Although I do plan to ultimately take my life at some point, I expect to be active up until that day comes.

I have experience of moderating groups on other forms of social media such as Facebook and Meetup. I am reluctant to provide specific details publicly as they may make me identifiable, but I am happy to elaborate privately. This includes large communities consisting of thousands of people.

This community has been invaluable to me. Here, I have met people who care and understand. It might be hard for someone from the outside looking in to grasp, but this forum has actually prolonged my life, not pushed me towards the end of it. Had I not joined this community, I would have very likely killed myself months ago, but utilised a frightening, painful method. Perhaps I would have even tried and failed, with devastating consequences. This place is unique in that it has equipped me with the knowledge and resources to die with some dignity when my day comes, yet also provides the solidarity and support that has kept me here until now - the kindness and support that is noticeably absent from social networks and services that are supposed to help people like us.

Before I go, I would be honoured to give back to a community that has given me so much, to the best of my abilities. If that is not possible right now, I am happy to contribute in any other way that would be of use to members and the moderation team. I genuinely appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining this site, while navigating this anti-choice and anti-euthanasia world.

Last edited:
alown

alown

soon in the other reality where we come from ༄
I am interested, I am active every day without exceptions (even if I do not necessarily publish), I have a broad knowledge of resources (N and SN) and can mainly guide users, and I have also been a moderator from several platforms before, it would be an honor for me to contribute to the SS community in this way.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Hello, I have been on the forum for a few years. I am an active member of SS and I love the community. I have met many great people and I care for the community and the people in it. I think I will be provide great support for people in this forum in an pro-life world. We all have one thing in common, we're suicidal in some way shape or form. This allows me to understand what others are going through and be able to empathize with them.

I know what's acceptable in this community and what's not. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to help the community by moderating, that has helped me get through tough times this is the only place where we can discuss our feelings without persecution.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

I want to sleep for an eternity
I do not use Discord, but I am interested. This community has helped me a lot and I recognise how important it is, to have a place where we can talk openly about these topics without judgement. I have been quite active recently and I plan to in the future.

Astray

Astray

Global Mod
I'm committed to helping the community and have expressed an interest in this opportunity before. This is more than a pro-choice site to me. My love for this place and everyone here is seriously immense. It feels like family to me -- almost as if I've known some for years. I've always felt welcome and accepted from the very beginning (when I had first joined as a new member). I want to help extend that same feeling to new members, returning members, and currently active members.

Knowingly or not, each member plays a role in making this community the community that it is. In the midst of going through the things that we're going through personally, everyone still offers empathy and an open ear to one another. I've experienced this first-hand and I know that others have also. For anyone who has concerns, I'd want them to know that they can turn to me the way that I've been able to and know that I can turn to them.

I, of course, have my opinions on different discussions whether that be in the forum or in general chat. It's important to have an opinion and freely communicate that opinion. With that being said, I know when to set bias aside and to keep neutral. I recognize that this is very important when it comes to moderating.

I spend a lot of my time in chat and browse the forum regularly (even when I'm not actively posting). I'm on daily and when I'm not active in chat, I will have this site up as I'm doing other things. I'm always checking in regularly and would even say that I'm on here for six or more hours a day. Recently, I've joined Discord once again. I've been around for some time and I don't have the intentions of going elsewhere in the future.

WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
This community is very precious to my heart. I value my time on here very much. it’s my shelter when the outside world gets too rough to handle. I would like to contribute and give back by dedicating my time to keep it a safe haven for the troubled souls who seek peace and understanding. I don’t have discord but I’m willing to make one just for this purpose.
Edit: I have an experience being a moderator. Been a teen mentor and a chat mod on the site “7cups” which is a site for people who needs someone to listen. I know how to keep it professional and fair for everyone. :)

Last edited:
Sans

Sans

Gun Rights are Human Rights.
LONE WOLF. said:
Could l Please have some more in detailed info on exactly what a Moderator has to do, l probably visit the site on a daily basis to check new post's and could spend more time on here if You require me to do so! Thank You for the opportunity! Also l'd like to vouch for @loopylou, she's smart witty compassionate but can be firm but fair when required and would make a Excellent Moderator! I fully support her Application! LoneWolf and Max the Staffie :-)
I second this, could I have some of this information as well?

watereyes

watereyes

He's a frickin' nerd!
Hi fwens.

I have lots of free time and I am on the chat everyday. I love the site and I would be glad to moderate chat. I would also be glad to moderate the forums as I have read the rules a hundred times already ^^'

unperson

unperson

nontitle
NamelessBeing said:
I'm very interested; I will come back to give my full response to this post in the near-future when I have the energy for it.
Frequency:

Ok, so first off, I come here frequently--pretty much daily--though I don't necessarily post daily.

Discord:

I currently do not use discord, but would be happy to download and use it again for the purpose of being a moderator.

Community Commitment:

I am committed to being helpful to people, especially in a place like this where people are very relatable and it feels like an online home/family, which for a lot of us is something we don't necessarily have much of if at all in real life. This is a big part of my motivation and reason behind wanting to become a moderator. There's more to this, but let's get the next part out of the way first.

It's been 2 months, 8 days since joining, so until September 8th of this year it will not yet have been four months. However, I do have quite a bit of posts and experience in chat. And also want to be candid about an issue--that no human including myself is immune to--of past or potential-future disagreements or offences (about what is often innocuous little things) that can easily arise with anyone in a social space, especially when a lot of us have difficult emotional issues; and this was on my mind as something to work on and overcome not long ago prior to this post about new mods; and essentially what my thoughts are around such an issue is that there's a possibility to find a balance and exercise caution around separating personal feelings and experiences from the duties of one's position--be it as moderator of a website or supervisor at a job-site, etc. Now, more on this soon, but let's get back to the reasons why I decided to apply and want to be a mod.

Why:

Three things coming to mind: I believe I would be good at appropriately handling the complexities of such a position; I want to do something that's helpful and meaningful and care a lot about the seriousness of vulnerable people coming here and the coexisting precariousness imbued in the context of this site's provocative existence; and honestly this position is something I think would really help me personally to work on myself and become a better person and have something to do that I hold myself accountable to and see as a catalyst for a necessary exercising of being conscientious and mindful about a community of all different kinds of people.

Final Statements:

Well, let's see..., let's call it position/member-balance. So if I were a mod I would start with reading all the info available on this site including things I've already read and things I haven't and also any provided info pertaining to moderating.

My two concerns of moderating are one: the complication of potential personal/position conflicts of interest which I believe a good response is exemplified in the real world in positions such as legal, clinical, etc. Meaning if there seems to be an issue relating to a member I'm very familiar with, my response would be caution and possibly turning it over to the attention of one of the other moderators; however this is probably not something that is very likely in the grand majority of what moderators attend to because most of the relatively serious enough to be actionable offences are from fairly new or sporadic and infrequent members, so think of this topic as simply my choosing to address such a nuanced potential occurrence to demonstrate my way of thinking and handling conflict that might on occasion represent a trepidatious anomaly. Perhaps this came up bigger in my mind because of my own hyper-self-judgement that intermittently arises for periods of time throughout my life, but anyways let's mention one more important thing.

Concern 2: I do struggle with having executive dysfunction (ADHD) which probably seems to be a quite paradoxical statement relative to the organization of this response I'm making; but contrary to what seems paradoxical, people with ADHD can have coexisting exceptional abilities in some areas along with severe deficits in other areas and furthermore, in ADHD there isn't a complete lack of executive-brain-function, it's simply impared, or rather, underdeveloped if you will... Along with my depression it can be difficult to hold myself accountable over long periods of time. I hope this honesty doesn't prevent me from being able to try this position because everyone has issues and also if I should find myself incapable of continuing with a position as moderator--for whatever reason--I'm a very honest person and would simply let SS know that I cannot or wish not to continue with the position. Oh and one more thing, in regard to catching that great big bus in the sky, well for me it's kind of a contingency related issue that seems in all likelihood a number of years away from becoming immediately relevant.

Anyways, I'm happy either way, just being a member is quite helpful and socially satisfying. If I should try out a position as a moderator that would be nice too. Ok now, take care everyone and goodluck to all of you with your own pursuits! :)

Last edited:
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
I am very much interested in becoming a moderator of SS.

First of all, I do have about 5 years experience of moderating other forums. For privacy reasons, I prefer not to disclose any details about this, but I can provide a little more info via private messages if needed. I can use Discord on an (almost) daily basis to communicate with the moderator team.

This forum means a lot to me. I have learnt a lot here and I'm still learning on a daily basis. Not only I am well aware of the resources that can currently be trusted, I've also learnt a lot about the immense suffering and pain other people are experiencing here. I'd be very happy to contribute to this community as a moderator.

As some people will remember, when I just joined this forum I had a conflict with a moderator regarding a scam in a resource. While this was quite a heavy discussion and the point of this post is not to bring this up again, I just want to mention we have been having constructive talks over the last months. I have learnt a lot from her and respect her a lot. If this moderator is open for it, I'd love to work together to ensure as little people as possible get scammed, because unfortunately there are still many scammers around there. I do hold a computer science degree with a major in cyber security, so I do have some knowledge and experience in this matter.

That's why I would like to become a moderator. As a moderator, I would work together with the moderator team to try to improve the forums in several ways. I am very much pro-choice and the pro-life infiltration is unfortunately another serious issue here. While this can never fully be resolved, I'd love to help trying to get this forum as clean as possible.

I believe SS can be improved in several ways. Within the moderator team, I'd help out keeping both the forum clean (from rule breakers, scams, pro-life infiltrators,...) and trying to find ways to improve the forum in general. I'm an easy going guy who always shares his opinions, but I can also easily make/find compromises when other people disagree.

While I had been diagnosed with BPD years ago, I'm more or less in remission. However, I remember the immense emotional pain I went through years ago and can fully relate to the many other people on this forum suffering from this disease. Currently, I'm going through from another disease which makes my life unbearable, but I'd like to keep details about this for myself although I don't mind sharing this with the moderator team. Because I have BPD under control now, I can very much act on reason rather than emotion. This makes me approaching things and difficult matters in a rational way, something I believe is very important as a moderator.

Last edited:
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
LONE WOLF. said:
Could l Please have some more in detailed info on exactly what a Moderator has to do, l probably visit the site on a daily basis to check new post's and could spend more time on here if You require me to do so! Thank You for the opportunity! Also l'd like to vouch for @loopylou, she's smart witty compassionate but can be firm but fair when required and would make a Excellent Moderator! I fully support her Application! LoneWolf and Max the Staffie :-)
I No longer support @loopylou's Application for Moderator!

• Yay!
Reactions: loopylou
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Jbones said:
The 10:08am post says it all, 'immature' & ignored! Plus l'm Removing myself from this site at some point in the near future as it's become Toxic over the past 6 month's!

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad
Persephone ❦

Persephone ❦

The only thing humans are equal in is death
ceasetobreathe said:
@Brick In The Wall, thank you! :heart: I didn't think it was possible to feel even more welcomed than I've already felt here. You all mean so much to me and like always, I'm sending you the biggest hugs!
Congratulations, @ceasetobreathe! Your commitment to the community is clear, I am sure you will be a fantastic Mod! :heart:

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Defective since birth
Symbiote said:
Why do you care so much about this?
yeah, unless meant jokingly that seems like something that should be taken up in PM with a mod, not posted where everyone could see and it could start something. plus just on a general level could emotionally hurt the person youre saying it against.

Status
Not open for further replies.