• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
What if we live in a community in which suicide is mandatory for people above certain age (let's say 30 or 40!!!

How would this affect on :
1. Humans lifestyle
2. general community values
3. Human evolution
4. Add your point

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
If the limit should be as low as 30 or 40 years I think it would be difficult to maintain stability in society. For instance, there would no longer be any really experienced people in any field whatsoever.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
I really want to die before the age of 30, so I would not mind having a mandatory suicide order on me if it existed.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sensei said:
If the limit should be as low as 30 or 40 years I think it would be difficult to maintain stability in society. For instance, there would no longer be any really experienced people in any field whatsoever.
So? That might be fun.

Reactions: Sensei
hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
Sensei said:
Depends on how you define fun.
"Mandatory suicide" sounds like a fun definition of fun :))

Reactions: Sensei
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Fixthe26 would really love this thread to "prove" their point about SS. They will spin this as something that SS would advocate for.

Reactions: hotelbeneathground
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Living dead girl
I think I would be glad if this existed for me.I feel a certain amount of dread towards getting older.
I think people would take more risks in life/be more spontaneous as it will end soon. For example they might spend money more as they wont need to save it for when they are unable to work. People will generally see life as having less value, being pointless.