• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
According to Wikipedia, "A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 45–64 years old."

Does this mean that before the age of 45, they were happy but once they turn 45, they experience 'midlife crisis', then when they hit the age of 65, they're all good again?

B

Ben

-
Sep 12, 2018
According to Wikipedia, "A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 45–64 years old."

Does this mean that before the age of 45, they were happy but once they turn 45, they experience 'midlife crisis', then when they hit the age of 65, they're all good again?

I think a mid life crisis is just a term applied to you when you realize death is approaching by the day, and you haven’t done all the things you wanted to in life. Finding yourself without the freedom you had when you were younger, without responsibility’s or a long track record of wasted time.

I don’t think age has much to do it with, this would just logically happen to you in the middle of your life, because you’re on the wrong side of the clock now.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
I think a mid life crisis is just a term applied to you when you realize death is approaching by the day, and you haven’t done all the things you wanted to in life. Finding yourself without the freedom you had when you were younger, without responsibility’s or a long track record of wasted time.

I don’t think age has much to do it with, this would just logically happen to you in the middle of your life, because you’re on the wrong side of the clock now.

I hit my midlife crisis early. x.x

L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018

actually this makes more sense than anything, with a progressive condition seems it just happens earlier

and no one is able to cope

lol