• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

millionair, young, attractive, healthy OR never born?

• millionair, young, attractive, healthy

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • never born

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Based off what you've written there you're precisely the kind of person I 'd say should try medication if you're not already

I've just come off my antidepressants because they're no longer manufactured in the UK (so I had no choice but to wean myself off them). I'm giving it a few weeks without any to see whether they made any difference in the first place. Since lowering the dose and coming off them though everyone around me says I've been looking really well, apparently I'm more alert and cheerful? I don't feel it but that's what I guess I look like.

Been on antidepressants since I was 15 and I'm 24 now so no idea whether they worked or not or if I was just too afraid to come off them.

Reactions: lv-gras
T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Never born all the way. I look good, my family was rich (recently in a rough spot), physically healthy and in my prime but fuck it all tbh. It's useless and I'm tired.II'd pick average looks, average money for happiness and mental healthy

ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
Never born all the way. I look good, my family was rich (recently in a rough spot), physically healthy and in my prime but fuck it all tbh. It's useless and I'm tired.II'd pick average looks, average money for happiness and mental healthy
well i think "healthy" also includes mentally health

V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
I'd rather not exist in this world.

If I could become a millionaire all of a sudden I might not kill myself immediately, but ultimately I'd end up leaving.

Last edited:
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Never born. If I were a millionaire, young, attractive, and healthy, I would probably be enjoying life, but I still might not be, and more to the point, I would likely be living in a very unethical way.

edit: Suffering is relative. The things people who are born into the best lives think are suffering are by and large ridiculous - with the exceptions of things like loss, which they're more insulated from anyway -, but they still suffer from them, and it's the worst suffering they know. They still go about and function for the most part, it's not debilitating like depression, but yeah.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
I would choose never born. Even if I was a millionaire.
Things happen … I could lose the money or just get old. Also people would just want to be around me because I had money.

Reactions: Schopenhauer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
I was born poor, will die poor.. All I do is sleep, pay bills, and eat some when I can afford it.. SOme will say, many people has harder times than me.. Maybe so, but that doesn't make my days better, I live in a hell no matter what unfortunately...

Same … I hate it here so much. I will be working til I die. :(
I hate it when people say other people have it worse … It doesn't help. :(