• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

valentine

valentine

A guy I know died by mixing cocaine and xanax together. I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently since coke is easy to come by here. Any idea how much it would take to kill you? And would it be really painful? Thanks

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Experienced
Good luck. At least you have access to that. I don't get fucking shit. I would luv to have some fucking xanax. I obviously have anxiety but horrible drs. don't give a fuck. I would think lots of alcohol plus the shit you mention would be pretty bad...especially if you were left alone for a day or two.

V

VicMackey

Student
forevernonescaped said:
That incident was likely very much a statistical outlier. Xanax and coke isn't a reliable fatal OD at all.
Correct. Cocaine is a Stimulant and Xanax is an Anti-Depressant. Taken at the same time and yer gonna go nowhere.

• Hmph!
Reactions: FinDramatique
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
VicMackey said:
Correct. Cocaine is a Stimulant and Xanax is an Anti-Depressant. Taken at the same time and yer gonna go nowhere.
Xanax is actually not an anti depressant. It’s a benzodiazepine which are not used for depression but for anxiety and panic disorder. It has some off label uses too for medical things and sleep but it’s never used for depression and it’s highly addictive.

V

VicMackey

Student
justpeachy said:
Xanax is actually not an anti depressant. It’s a benzodiazepine which are not used for depression but for anxiety and panic disorder. It has some off label uses too for medical things and sleep but it’s never used for depression and it’s highly addictive.
There are 7 drug classifications used by the courts here in the US. Xanax is put into the anti depresant category for that purpose. Yer right its a benzo.

V

VicMackey

Student
Drimacus said:
No, as mentioned above, Xanax (alprazolam) is not anti-depressant, it's a CNS depressant.
Thank god i didnt sleep during my med school classes

Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★♥︎☠️♥︎★
VicMackey said:
Thank god i didnt sleep during my med school classes

Jumping_realms said:
You aren't fooling anyone with you having any med schooling when you are classing alprazolam as an anti-depressant. It's a benzo, of course, but here It even lists xanax under CNS depressant for you on the following source.

Last edited:
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
VicMackey said:
There are 7 drug classifications used by the courts here in the US. Xanax is put into the anti depresant category for that purpose. Yer right its a benzo.
You're referring to IACP classifications. Where did you learn the US legal system utilizes the IACP's seven categories?

Reactions: Jumping_realms
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★♥︎☠️♥︎★
MartyByrde said:
You're referring to IACP classifications. Where did you learn the US legal system utilizes the IACP's seven categories?
He probably went to law school while going to med school.

• Yay!
Reactions: MartyByrde
V

VicMackey

Student
Jumping_realms said:
He probably went to law school while going to med school.
Xanax is prescribed for depression on a regular basis. The woke culture is strong here.
Btw, yes, i went to med school during my 31 year career in law enforcement.

Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★♥︎☠️♥︎★
Even if alprazolam was prescribed regularly for depression, it still wouldn't make it an anti-depressant.

You can continue to believe it is, because you certainly aren't open to multiple people trying to help you for some reason.

MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Jumping_realms said:
Even if alprazolam was prescribed regularly for depression, it still wouldn't make it an anti-depressant.

You can continue to believe it is, because you certainly aren't open to multiple people trying to help you for some reason.
That user's reply has me rolling :pfff::pfff::pfff: You were right!
VicMackey said:
Btw, yes, i went to med school during my 31 year career in law enforcement.
Of course you did.

V

VicMackey

Student
MartyByrde said:
That user's reply has me rolling :pfff::pfff::pfff: You were right!

Of course you did.
Here again......woke must be right..
Sigh
Jumping_realms said:

Its probably written for depression over 200 times per month at my pharmacy

• Yay!
Reactions: Drimacus
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
VicMackey said:
Here again......woke must be right..
Sigh

Its probably written for depression over 200 times per month at my pharmacy
So now you're a pharmacist too? Where do you find the time?

• Yay!
V

VicMackey

Student
forevernonescaped said:
Thank you VicMackey JD MD PharmD PA-C CNA RN CRNA CPhT MBA PsyD DPT DDS for your "alternative science" facts
Ahhhh the wokeness is strong here.
Retired LE.
Current pharmacist.
Where have you spent your career and how many degrees did you get?

forevernonescaped

forevernonescaped

check my page for today's barbiturate fun fact <3
VicMackey said:
Ahhhh the wokeness is strong here.
Retired LE.
Current pharmacist.
Where have you spent your career and how many degrees did you get?
a degree in seeing through bs on this forum. something money can't buy :pfff: