cloudnone

cloudnone

So Scribble Me Out
Jan 14, 2020
K/DA! I don’t like League or KPop normally, but K/DA is an absolute guilty pleasure. I love the production.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Super duper enlightened
Sep 9, 2018
I feel like all my music is embarrassing because I don't like "cool" genres at all really. I'm all over the place, and I like anything catchy. Case in point, lmao.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Sometimes I feel self conscious of I listen to pop in my car. I usually don't have it as loud as when I'm listening to metal or hard rock. I guess it's different when you are male. If a girl listens to Madonna or Dua Lipa it's acceptable but if a guy does it you run the risk of being made fun of.

Enjoy some guilt free pop.:wink::heart::wink::heart::wink:

Yeah Dua Lipa is a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm not huge on pop music, but sometimes you just need that sugar rush.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
I

irememberinnocence

Student
Jun 10, 2020
Not really ashamed but I sometimes still like listening to Christian music even though I am absolutely not a Christian anymore. It just has an uplifting vibe even if I don't believe the lyrics.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Mar 23, 2018
Not really ashamed but I sometimes still like listening to Christian music even though I am absolutely not a Christian anymore. It just has an uplifting vibe even if I don't believe the lyrics.
I will still listen to Skillet, Chevelle, Red and other rock or metal bands. I grew up in christian fam so I heard a lot of it.
I don't mind some of it. I don't listen to praise and worship anymore. While they shout to the Lord ... I will shout at the devil. :devil:

I

irememberinnocence

Student
Jun 10, 2020
I skip tracks that refer to god as father, loving father, love of Father for child etc. As someone with a creepy and authoritarian father I find that sort of language really fucking gross. It wierds me out.
I will still listen to Skillet, Chevelle, Red and other rock or metal bands. I grew up in christian fam so I heard a lot of it.
I don't mind some of it. I don't listen to praise and worship anymore. While they shout to the Lord ... I will shout at the devil. :devil:

• Love
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Mar 23, 2018
I skip tracks that refer to god as father, loving father, love of Father for child etc. As someone with a creepy and authoritarian father I find that sort of language really fucking gross. It wierds me out.
I feel the same. Makes my skin crawl. Especially when a roommate listens to one of those news channels that spout's that shit. Also the fake war on Christmas.:angry:

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Mar 23, 2018
Yeah Dua Lipa is a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm not huge on pop music, but sometimes you just need that sugar rush.
I was listening to Dua Lipa's latest reissued cd. Future Nostalgia Moonlight Edition. Entire cd is good. For a pop cd sometimes that's not the case. Usually most metal and rock CDs don't seem to have as much "filler".
I feel like all my music is embarrassing because I don't like "cool" genres at all really. I'm all over the place, and I like anything catchy. Case in point, lmao.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Barry Manilow. I don't really listen to him much. I know some of his hits. Not that one though.
I guess Banana is the only word that rhymes with Copacabana. :pfff: :hihi:

Last edited:
Lance Stone

Lance Stone

A life of screwing up fixed in a determined flash
Oct 10, 2021
Barry Minlow - Cant Smile Without You brings back embarrassing memories of me listening to this song while staring at girls in my class

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Mar 23, 2018
Michael Bolton-A Love So Beautiful :heart::heart::heart::heart:
I think about one of my exes when I listen to this.

"A Love So Beautiful"

The summer sun went down on
Our love long ago
But in my heart I feel the same
Old afterglow

A love so beautiful
In every way
A love so beautiful
We let it slip away

We were too young to understand
To ever know
That lovers drift apart
And that's the way love goes

A love so beautiful
A love so free
A love so beautiful

A love for you and me
And when I think of you
I fall in love again

A love so beautiful
In every way
A love so beautiful
We let it slip away

And when I think of you
I fall in love again

A love so beautiful
We let it slip away

A love so beautiful
In every way
A love so beautiful
We let it slip away

Ok... You can throw tomatoes now.:wink::pfff::hihi::wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: callme
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Experimental music. My favorite type of music, but I fear that by sharing, others are likely to see me as a walking fedora. This fear has been confirmed on many occasions lol
Some recommendations:
The Residents- Birthday Boy
Scott Walker- Epizootics
Coil- It's in My Blood
Nice! I've heard of all those, but not checked them out. I listen to other stuff, but I'm big on drone, minimalism and IDM - Aphex Twin, Stars of the Lid, Tim Hecker and William Basinski, amongst others.

callme

callme

Warlock
Aug 15, 2021
Nice! I've heard of all those, but not checked them out. I listen to other stuff, but I'm big on drone, minimalism and IDM - Aphex Twin, Stars of the Lid, Tim Hecker and William Basinski, amongst others.
Something universal about Aphex Twin... so vast and different scenes of people that know him. Yet his music is nothing like mainstream, dom't even know what is it called. I wonder why he had so many other names as well if everybody knows his as Aphex Twin.

Wait.. Michael Bolton is a Rod Stewart lookalike?!

Last edited:
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Something universal about Aphex Twin... so vast and different scenes of people that know him. Yet his music is nothing like mainstream, dom't even know what is it called. I wonder why he had so many other names as well if everybody knows his as Aphex Twin.

Wait.. Michael Bolton is a Rod Stewart lookalike?!

Aphex Twin is universal?!? Well known amongt music nerds for sure. He is my top listened on Spotify; I don't think there is anyone like him; a once in a generation find. The music he and his similar ilk make is often referred to as 'Intelligent Dance Music' which is terrible and pretentious as he admits as he thinks it sounds ridiculous. Some have referred to it as 'brain dance'. I don't think that is much better as a lot of it is not danceable. Very important issue we have here.... :-P

$nowLeopard

$nowLeopard

-
Oct 30, 2021
Hymns and chants are one of the main things that got me into Christianity from a previously non-Christian background. Absolutely check out Eastern Orthodox hymns from all sorts of languages!
subtitles can be toggled
This made me cry once. Still my eyes get watery.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Hymns and chants are one of the main things that got me into Christianity from a previously non-Christian background. Absolutely check out Eastern Orthodox hymns from all sorts of languages!
subtitles can be toggled
This made me cry once. Still my eyes get watery.

Nah religious music can be awesome. Hildegard of Bingen is also amazing.

• Wow
Reactions: $nowLeopard