• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

aminend

aminend

Wizard
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
608

We report a case of fatal methaemoglobinaema resulting from sodium nitrite poisoning. A 28 year old woman arrested in the emergency department following collapse. During resuscitation a venous blood gas revealed a methaemoglobin percentage of 81%. Following treatment with methylene blue, sodium bicarbonate and adrenaline, the methaemoglobin decreased. Prior to transfer to intensive care, a CT head revealed extensive hypoxic brain injury. Two days later brain death was confirmed on brainstem testing. Severe methaemoglobinaemia is rapidly fatal, with fast diagnosis and treatment associated with improved outcomes.
 
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
aminend said:

We report a case of fatal methaemoglobinaema resulting from sodium nitrite poisoning. A 28 year old woman arrested in the emergency department following collapse. During resuscitation a venous blood gas revealed a methaemoglobin percentage of 81%. Following treatment with methylene blue, sodium bicarbonate and adrenaline, the methaemoglobin decreased. Prior to transfer to intensive care, a CT head revealed extensive hypoxic brain injury. Two days later brain death was confirmed on brainstem testing. Severe methaemoglobinaemia is rapidly fatal, with fast diagnosis and treatment associated with improved outcomes.

So they even went to get help and still died, interesting. obviously not something to fuck about with unless you want to CTB
 
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
4,822
That case shows the horrors of modern resuscitation. Her heart stopped in the emergency room and was restarted. However she was brain dead.
 
Last edited:
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Joined
Apr 29, 2018
Messages
407
checkouttime said:
So they even went to get help and still died, interesting. obviously not something to fuck about with unless you want to CTB
Do you know how long after the person took SN they got help?
Meditation guide said:
That case shows the horrors of modern resuscitation. She was brought back to life but was brain dead. It also shows that brain damage is indeed possible with SN if someone is dead but revived. When I say she was dead, her heart stopped in the emergency room and was restarted. Gruesome.
It shows that society would rather keep you alive, but leave you brain damaged, incapacitated and unable to live a normal life again, rather than let you die. This is extremely selfish of them.
 
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
I want to end it said:
Do you know how long after the person took SN they got help?

It shows that society would rather keep you alive, but leave you brain damaged, incapacitated and unable to live a normal life again, rather than let you die. This is extremely selfish of them.

Not a clue i didn't post the information, i just read the bit underneath. It does say they collapsed in the emergency room, so they cant of taken it too long before they got there. I mean in the PPH it says about 12 minutes unconscious (thats using 25g). If for instance this person took less than that, which enabled them to get to A & E due to that fact, it would make it more important to realise how potent it is , in that they still died regardless. Either way even with medical intervention this person still died, so shows what the stuffs capable of. usually people 'survive' due to being found, in this case they still died!

page211image58454208
 
forevernonescaped

forevernonescaped

check my page for today's barbiturate fun fact <3
Joined
Dec 31, 2019
Messages
507
Soulless Angel said:
Am I reading that right, she tried to kill herself and they arrested her? but she died anyway?
she "arrested" meaning cardiac arrest
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pen>Sword
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
Soulless Angel said:
Am I reading that right, she tried to kill herself and they arrested her? but she died anyway?

Yep lol they weren't very useful were they in helping!! another helpful thread though!!!!
 
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
4,822
loopylou said:
Doctors are to preserve life, regardless of the quality. Unfortunately
This is one reason I dislike doctors so much. This is cruel, about as cruel a thing as anyone can do. To restart a heart and leave a brain dead living corpse, when death would have been so much kinder.
To re-animate a corpse and force the heart to beat again after technical death has occurred is a mindless horror.
 
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
Clearly this person wanted to be 'saved' or they wouldn't have turned up at the emergency department. Hence why a proper attempt when you are sure its what you want. we are told to go somewhere we can't be found and be sure we want to CTB.

a method can't be blamed for someone not following the correct procedure, thats down to the person themselves. if they didn't receive medical attention they would be dead, its that SIMPLE.

people should follow the methods correctly and make sure its really what they want, as a half hearted attempt can result in further problems. a person following the methods and procedure correctly doesn't fail, and thats a fact.even a small amount of SN is lethal if a person isn't found, thats the key part to the method along with re-dosing if vomiting occurs.
 
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Arcanist
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
461
They might have tried to "test" it and it wasn't their time. This is so sad.
 
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
ClairyFairy said:
They might have tried to "test" it and it wasn't their time. This is so sad.

It isn't advised to test it, even a small amount can be lethal. if people wish to do that then its upto them though

Sodium nitrite is a toxic substance, and at sufficient dose levels, is toxic in humans. Fassett (1973) and Archer (1982) referenced the widely used clinical toxicology book of Gleason et al (1963) and estimated the lethal dose in humans is 1 g of sodium nitrite in adults (about 14 mg/kg
 
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Messages
898
Meditation guide said:
This is one reason I dislike doctors so much. This is cruel, about as cruel a thing as anyone can do. To restart a heart and leave a brain dead living corpse, when death would have been so much kinder.
To re-animate a corpse and force the heart to beat again after technical death has occurred is a mindless horror.
I completely agree with your thoughts on this cruel act. It’s just unfortunate part of their training and their ‘duty’ legally.
 
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
God loves a trier!!!!!! they tried to save them but they couldn't ,sounds like what a pro-lifer might attempt.

they joined the smurf brigade, despite the valiant efforts of the doctors.and that with them actually going A & E, LEGEND

Don't take SN if you want to go to A & E is the simple moral of this story. then you won't have any issues
 

Attachments

  • 1625613898803.png
    1625613898803.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
926
checkouttime said:
Yep lol they weren't very useful were they in helping!! another helpful thread though!!!!
Imagine your dying breathes being handcuffed to a bed,
Ive always wanted mine to be free, isn't that what we are doing freeing ourselves? Handcuffing someone fuck that
 
  • Like
Reactions: Astral316
S

Stefano

Member
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
34
checkouttime said:
Clearly this person wanted to be 'saved' or they wouldn't have turned up at the emergency department. Hence why a proper attempt when you are sure its what you want. we are told to go somewhere we can't be found and be sure we want to CTB.

a method can't be blamed for someone not following the correct procedure, thats down to the person themselves. if they didn't receive medical attention they would be dead, its that SIMPLE.

people should follow the methods correctly and make sure its really what they want, as a half hearted attempt can result in further problems. a person following the methods and procedure correctly doesn't fail, and thats a fact.even a small amount of SN is lethal if a person isn't found, thats the key part to the method along with re-dosing if vomiting occurs.
This happened in my country,after ingesting she panicked (because of all the long lasting nasty side affects) and called 911 and when they arrived they took here to the hospital ,a while later after long panic she got unconscious and never woke up ,perfect excample NOT to use this shit and get the right stuff to put you asleep almost immediately.
This is her story,you have to translate it with Google
 
Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide
suicidesheep31

suicidesheep31

Experienced
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
243
She maybe wanted to die at the hospital and not somewhere else.
I don't want to die alone... and really would like to die at the hospital. Nobody will be harmed by discovering a corpse in this way.
But it is hardly compatible: hospital + dying there
 
  • Love
Reactions: ClairyFairy
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
2,682
Soulless Angel said:
Imagine your dying breathes being handcuffed to a bed,
Ive always wanted mine to be free, isn't that what we are doing freeing ourselves? Handcuffing someone fuck that

I can't really imagine it being handcuffed ,.I wouldn't be stupid enough to take something and turn up at A & E myself!!! I would tend to follow the methods procedure, like extra drinks and not being found. clearly this person didn't do that, thats their choice. so if they did suffer its their own fault. I think its pretty stupid to take something as dangerous as SN and then try to get help, as we see with this person it didn't end well for them if they were trying to be 'saved'.

I can't imagine them being very aware of handcuffs if they were braindead personally, just a wild guess lol
 
Last edited:
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Arcanist
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
461
Soulless Angel said:
Imagine your dying breathes being handcuffed to a bed,
My first thought was that they probably didn't want to be alone. You don't come into it alone most people don't want to go out that way
checkouttime said:
. so if they did suffer its their own fault. I think its pretty stupid to take something as dangerous as SN and then try to get help

lol

Wow, the empathy's strong with this one. I've rang an ambulance and had no knowledge of it until I was told I did it years later. I was unconscious when they got there and as far as I knew I took my tablets and was always freaked out that they came to mine at 4 o'clock in the morning and I couldn't work out how they knew to get me. You have no idea what your brain is capable of when it's trying to override everything you want to do and survive.
 
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Arcanist
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
461
Stefano said:
This is an incredible, yet sad, story. Thank you for sharing it. I feel like I would be able to ctb this way. I didn't know anything about the group either. I could take a pill but not drink the kool aid
 
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
4,822
They have it in pill form. I went through that article and translated it. They reported the patient was too weak to get to the door when the rescuers came so they broke down the door. They arrived 12 minutes after she called them. She was still conscious at the hospital, had a brain CT scan, then her heart stopped. It's very sad, and seeing her pictures increases the sadness.
 
aminend

aminend

Wizard
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
608
Meditation guide said:
They have it in pill form. I went through that article and translated it. They reported the patient was too weak to get to the door when the rescuers came so they broke down the door. They arrived 12 minutes after she called them. She was still conscious at the hospital, had a brain CT scan, then her heart stopped. It's very sad, and seeing her pictures increases the sadness.
So she took SN in pill form ?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: hʚll
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Messages
898
ClairyFairy said:
My first thought was that they probably didn't want to be alone. You don't come into it alone most people don't want to go out that way


Wow, the empathy's strong with this one. I've rang an ambulance and had no knowledge of it until I was told I did it years later. I was unconscious when they got there and as far as I knew I took my tablets and was always freaked out that they came to mine at 4 o'clock in the morning and I couldn't work out how they knew to get me. You have no idea what your brain is capable of when it's trying to override everything you want to do and survive.
I have done it. Took an over dose genuinely wanted to die. I rang for help with no recollection of doing so.
 
Freakazette

Freakazette

May you find the light that was stolen from you.
Joined
May 18, 2021
Messages
216
loopylou said:
I have done it. Took an over dose genuinely wanted to die. I rang for help with no recollection of doing so.

No recollection? So, you may have been in pain then?
 
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
4,822
aminend said:
So she took SN in pill form ?
I translated the whole article and it said pills. There was some organization they have in that country that gives out the SN, so either they have a way of putting it into pills, or capsules, or the article or translation was wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: aminend