RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

We added the following entry to the rules.

Do NOT:
  • Direct hate towards others based on gender, race, or sex orientation
    • Do not use abusive language or direct hate towards others based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation. This is a very diverse community with many different types of people from different backgrounds.

We have a very diverse community and this should further establish and clarify what this place is about and that hateful conduct isn't tolerated under any circumstances. I think it's very important that we can maintain a respectful, inclusive and compassionate atmosphere in this forum - hence the rule addition. Everyone who wants to participate in this forum in good faith should feel welcome and accepted here and I hope this sentiment is shared in this community. Thanks!

Last edited:
AnxiousSchizoid

AnxiousSchizoid

perpetually going through a lot
Mar 24, 2021
Oh jeez, there goes a ton of people if this rule is strictly enforced. I see it all the time in chat. There are some very hateful people, even people I like.
Bitterness is something I would expect from people on a suicide forum, tbh. Not saying that the intolerant views I see are correct, but I usually assume it’s coming from a place of frustration. Assigning blame to a group of people helps in terms of lifting that burden off of yourself if your life has gone off the rails. It’s wrong, but I can see why a desperate and lonely person might demonize a group of people who they perceive to be the source of their problems.

Heavenly Pup

Heavenly Pup

Your local Waffle House manager's dog
Sep 18, 2021
Bitterness is something I would expect from people on a suicide forum, tbh. Not saying that the intolerant views I see are correct, but I usually assume it’s coming from a place of frustration. Assigning blame to a group of people helps in terms of lifting that burden off of yourself if your life has gone off the rails. It’s wrong, but I can see why a desperate and lonely person might demonize a group of people who they perceive to be the source of their problems.
I completely agree with this. It doesn’t necessarily make you a bad person.

Around here? Whoa, this is a bit shocking to me, I confess. Are people in the chat different from what they show in the threads?
The chat is definitely much more casual than the forum so people think less and type more. Some people have said hateful things but as Anxious said, it does come from a place of frustration. I just hope everyone stops to think before they type something that may be a negative generalization or a stereotype.

Last edited: