• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

-Persephone-

-Persephone-

My broken body is a cage. Death is the key.
There has been discussion recently of setting up Discord communities for SS members. I have set up a couple of servers. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes by doing this, so sorry if anyone else has already made arrangements. Having several people setting up their own servers could be a positive development anyhow, since no two communities would be identical.

There are two servers:

- One is for chatting, hanging out, activities (movies, streaming, gaming etc) and general support.

- The other is specifically for those with chronic conditions/illnesses.

Suicide discussion and venting about life will be permitted in both, but any mention of methods, sources or explicitly naming Sanctioned Suicide is prohibited to protect the servers and this space. There are various other categories too, such as music, pictures, art and a recovery resources section. There are ground rules that will be implemented firmly but fairly so that it's a comfortable environment with minimal difficulties.

It would be useful to receive constructive feedback on the rules, layout and channels, and to finalise these details prior to inviting more members. If anyone is open to having a look at either of the servers and making suggestions, please let me know and I will send you an invitation.

It is likely that more Mods will be required on both servers too, but I am happy to get them started initially. I have chronic illnesses myself and will definitely require support if they become active servers with a lot of members.

If any members who have been on SS for a while with experience of utilising Discord is prepared to provide support behind the scenes as well, this would be greatly appreciated. After that, I will be able to extend those invitations to those interested in joining. Thank you.

Seiba

Seiba

Experienced
I don't really chat with others much, but I would be a bit interested when the server gets start up later on. I'm not sure how useful my feedback about rules and the like would be, but I'm willing to get back to you with my thoughts if you'd like to pm some of it to me. That aside, I am getting wisdom teeth removed tomorrow and I will be going to bed in a bit so it might be a couple of days before I'm of any possible use so feel free to pm others instead if you need feedback quickly. If possible to choose between the servers for later on, the non-chronic illness server is probably best due to the context of my situation, but I'm fine with giving feedback on the rules to both of them. I have no interest in being a mod nor do I think I would be great at it.

BleederOfZion

BleederOfZion

Taedium vitae
I'm interested in joining the server. I don't have anyone to talk to without sounding insane or the possibility of them forcing me to go to the ER for whatever reason. I don't want to "recover," I want to be understood which hasn't happened ever in my life regarding decisions in suicide. I isolate myself when things get too unbearable these days. Sometime I'd like to become accustomed to isolation to the point where I can be alone for weeks on end, and later on, until the few people in my life eventually forget about me.

• Love
Reactions: -Persephone-
AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

-Persephone- said:
There has been discussion recently of setting up Discord communities for SS members. I have set up a couple of servers. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes by doing this, so sorry if anyone else has already made arrangements. Having several people setting up their own servers could be a positive development anyhow, since no two communities would be identical.

There are two servers:

- One is for chatting, hanging out, activities (movies, streaming, gaming etc) and general support.

- The other is specifically for those with chronic conditions/illnesses.

Suicide discussion and venting about life will be permitted in both, but any mention of methods, sources or explicitly naming Sanctioned Suicide is prohibited to protect the servers and this space. There are various other categories too, such as music, pictures, art and a recovery resources section. There are ground rules that will be implemented firmly but fairly so that it's a comfortable environment with minimal difficulties.

It would be useful to receive constructive feedback on the rules, layout and channels, and to finalise these details prior to inviting more members. If anyone is open to having a look at either of the servers and making suggestions, please let me know and I will send you an invitation.

It is likely that more Mods will be required on both servers too, but I am happy to get them started initially. I have chronic illnesses myself and will definitely require support if they become active servers with a lot of members.

If any members who have been on SS for a while with experience of utilising Discord is prepared to provide support behind the scenes as well, this would be greatly appreciated. After that, I will be able to extend those invitations to those interested in joining. Thank you.
I've been a mod on a bunch of self harm communities around the internet and could probably help you write up a rule post! I've done it for a sh website so I have a good idea in mind of what might work. Obviously these are different communities, but there's some decent overlap

Edited to add, because I'm high and forgot the rest of this, I can also help with anything else you might need! I'm used to Discord but not amazing at it, so I might not know a ton with that, but anything else, I got you. These servers have been requested a billion times and it would be great to see them be a success, you know?

Last edited:
  • Love
-Persephone-

-Persephone-

Thank you all, I really appreciate everyone's interest and offers of support. I will be sending invites to a few of you who have offered to help here and via PM today. I will invite others when rules, channels etc have been finalised. Looking forward to getting this set up!

Reactions: Seiba
OrcWitch

OrcWitch

Hello I would be interested in joining when it is ready. I think that's a nice idea. Depending on what the rules are like I would stay(there are just certain rules that are very important to me but I wouldn't tell someone how to run their own server). I do not like having authority or moderating.

-Persephone-

-Persephone-

Thank you all for the interest!

I have basically spent a huge proportion of the day ensuring roles and permissions are set up, channels are complete and that the servers are mostly finished. I'm sending out invites to those who have offered help, but I may not be online on Discord right away because I need some rest.

I will let everyone know when the servers are both ready. I will probably post separate threads for both once rules, membership requirements (if any) and the finer details have been decided upon. Hopefully they should both be ready by the weekend or beginning of next week.

Leorio Paradinight

Leorio Paradinight

Couldn't respond right away when I saw this post, but wow, Persephone. Just yesterday, I was glad to see you making steps to create a space for people like us to support one another and now you're taking it to the next level? I'm happy and impressed how much you care, that you're going through the effort of creating all of this for us, while dealing with your everyday issues. As I am now, I could never bring myself to go through the trouble, even though I also care.

Maybe if I got back to at least my pre-july health (starting experimental treatment today, which probably won't do anything) I could educate myself enough to be a mod if there's a shortage. I'm a prominent member of one community and friends with the mods so I at least have an idea on what that looks like. Until then, I will definitely be joining the community when it's there and I'm looking forward to it.

Also, please remember to think of yourself as well. Myself and probably a lot of people would really like to see this happen, but if you ever feel like you don't have the energy or motivation to work on this, just put it on hold or even leave it completely. I kinda feel like an asshole writing this, you know yourself the best, but I know how much you care about people and I never want it to take a toll on you.

Last edited:
PinkSakura

PinkSakura

Rip Flower I'll never forget you </3 我想你花
I'm interested, I have some experience with discord, I know how to make a server

• Love
kappa

kappa

Student
I’d be interested when the server is ready.

It’s nice to come here and say kind of whatever you want.

• Love